PDA

View Full Version : Will Long Beach happen?

G.
03-21-08, 01:14 PM
Yes.

No.

Polls are stupid, especially THIS one, so I'll say something bad about Spicoli.

(Public Poll! With Multiple Choice!)

extramundane
03-21-08, 01:37 PM
It will. If it doesn't, the city can yank the race permanently and I think even Tony's able to see that. It might take a Kalkhoven-George check-writing session that results in 4 cases of carpal tunnel to get more than 10 cars on the track, but it'll happen.

What remains to be seen is whether it'll be a proper send-off for CC or a complete clusterf*** (which might actually be an appropriate, if not welcome, send-off).

cameraman
03-21-08, 01:38 PM
They are contracted to run something. Who knows what but they need to put cars on the track.

Insomniac
03-21-08, 01:40 PM
In the other thread, they said there are 10 CC entries for Homestead. Adding on the FCR cars, it doesn't seem like much of a gap for TG to fill the rest.

trish
03-21-08, 01:43 PM
I only count 9 from CC.

dando
03-21-08, 01:43 PM
But it sez that the trackis already under construction.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com

It's on the Innerwebs, so it's gots to be true. :gomer:

-Kevin

cameraman
03-21-08, 01:45 PM
The question is will there be a race on Sunday?

OW
03-21-08, 01:53 PM
This thread should say "How many CC's at LB"?
simple as that

I'll guess ummmmm.....12

Don't ask me who...
Its only a contract fullfillment till next year...

dando
03-21-08, 02:05 PM
This thread should say "How many CC's at LB"?
simple as that

We already have one.

http://offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14297

:gomer:

-Kevin

G.
03-21-08, 02:08 PM
I really think that it's going to disintegrate.

If the cost to run >> the cost to buy out LB, then no race Sunday. Unless Paulie dusts off the Trans Ams.

You can always buyout your contractual obligations.

dando
03-21-08, 02:13 PM
I really think that it's going to disintegrate.

If the cost to run >> the cost to buy out LB, then no race Sunday. Unless Paulie dusts off the Trans Ams.

You can always buyout your contractual obligations.

But KK owns the event. He's not gonna screw up the potential for the event. Well, common sense would dictate that...not that there's an abundance of common in AOW racing these days. :irked:

-Kevin

gerhard911
03-21-08, 02:28 PM
I couldn't care less if it does or doesn't so I really don't know why I bothered reading this thread :\

Oh, and I voted **** Spicoli :p

Don Quixote
03-21-08, 03:05 PM
Only 5 voted for the Spicoli option? :confused:

grungex
03-21-08, 03:06 PM
6, now. :tony:

Sean O'Gorman
03-21-08, 03:19 PM
I was confused so I voted for all of them. :gomer:

KLang
03-21-08, 03:43 PM
I noticed too late it was multiple choice. :cry:

I think the race weekend will happen. It wouldn't surprise me if the Champ Car race doesn't.

I don't know if I will watch it anyway.

Spicoli
03-21-08, 04:11 PM
with my vote in, 9 voted **** spicoli. :gomer: :tony: :gomer:

Andrew Longman
03-21-08, 04:21 PM
But KK owns the event. He's not gonna screw up the potential for the event. Well, common sense would dictate that...not that there's an abundance of common in AOW racing these days. :irked:

-Kevin

Not even KK would settle with TG without getting a check sufficient to motivate (more than?) sufficient cars there to pull it off in a manner the event expects. There may be a lot of field fillers but there are more than enough chassis around to pull it off.

I'm thinking 9 there to collect season IRL points, 7 fillers, and 16-18 at Motegi.

extramundane
03-21-08, 05:02 PM
Not even KK would settle with TG without getting a check sufficient to motivate (more than?) sufficient cars there to pull it off in a manner the event expects. There may be a lot of field fillers but there are more than enough chassis around to pull it off.

I agree- there's too much for Kalkhoven (as race owner) and TG (now that he's finally got his mitts on LB) to lose if it doesn't come off. It doesn't have to be pretty (and probably won't be), it just has to happen.

Though it would be delightfully ironic, now that TG "has" Long Beach, for Sunday to fall apart and cause the Long Beach gov't to 86 the race for good before the IRL merdemobiles ever get a chance to race there. :laugh:

OW
03-21-08, 09:20 PM
I agree- there's too much for Kalkhoven and TG to lose if it doesn't come off. It doesn't have to be pretty (and probably won't be), it just has to happen.

Bingo...

emjaya
03-22-08, 01:47 AM
If there were only two cars, it would still be a race; so I'm going with yes, it will happen. They will probably only get ten to twelve cars, though. :(

JLMannin
03-22-08, 12:15 PM
There will be a race, but it may be unlike anything we imagined

TravelGal
03-22-08, 01:14 PM
There will be a race, but it may be unlike anything we imagined

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Good one. And probably true.

SteveH
03-22-08, 01:19 PM
I don't know why there's concern, just like the last several years we won't know the line up until the week before the race. :p

cameraman
03-22-08, 02:34 PM
I don't know why there's concern, just like the last several years we won't know the line up until the week before the race. :p
More like day before...

Ankf00
03-22-08, 02:53 PM
More like day before...

you mean morning of :D

TravelGal
03-22-08, 08:59 PM
I just got my tickies in the mail today so at least I have some decent souvenirs.

Lux Interior
03-22-08, 11:55 PM
I say 10 cars for the grid.

Chiphead_Dave
03-24-08, 04:53 PM
Yes.

No.

Polls are stupid, especially THIS one, so I'll say something bad about Spicoli.

(Public Poll! With Multiple Choice!)

WGAF.

Spicoli
03-24-08, 07:08 PM
WGAF.

You can preddy much post that in any thread on here and be, well, relevant! :D

:llama:

Michaelhatesfans
03-25-08, 10:09 PM
with my vote in, 9 voted **** spicoli. :gomer: :tony: :gomer:

Good thinking. The next time someone tells you to go **** yourself, you can tell them you already did.:thumbup: