PDA

View Full Version : Tracy Status

TedN
03-20-08, 07:00 AM
Now that Andretti is on the verge of owning the Grand Prix of Toronto, he also knows how many tickets the Thrill from West Hill brings to the table.

The folks at the Rexall Grand Prix of Edmonton also have been burning up the phone lines, demanding their new partners in Indianapolis explain why Tracy might not be there in July.

Link (http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/03/20/5056491-sun.html)

Hopefully something will materialize for PT.

Ted

Insomniac
03-20-08, 09:01 AM
Link (http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/03/20/5056491-sun.html)

Hopefully something will materialize for PT.

Ted

Prospects don't seem good. He's supposedly getting paid his $5M by GF. Why would he want to be a field filler?

swift
03-20-08, 10:05 AM
The folks at the Rexall Grand Prix of Edmonton also have been burning up the phone lines, demanding their new partners in Indianapolis explain why Tracy might not be there in July.
What about the star power of Canadian racing legend Marty Roth? :gomer:

Al Czervik
03-20-08, 11:43 AM
What about the star power of Canadian racing legend Marty Roth? :gomer:

Isn't that 'Canadian racing hiro, I mean hero, Marty Roth'?

Spicoli
03-20-08, 11:44 AM
If I'm PT, I'm thinking ALMS instead of those POS shitwaggens.

Hoestead should be a treat. :fly:

:thumdown: :shakehead :thumdown:

This thing gets worser and worser.

extramundane
03-20-08, 03:32 PM
This is charming (http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/348156):

Tracy said in a telephone interview from his Las Vegas home that he was told by Forsythe manager Neil Micklewright that team owner Gerry Forsythe, who was a co-owner of Champ Car, was willing to run in the new series only if he had a fully paid sponsor for his cars.

So Tracy used his contacts to come up with a sponsor willing to commit to a three-year program. He declined to reveal the name of the sponsor or how much money that individual was willing to commit.

"I sent them the details of the proposal, but I didn't get a response for three weeks," Tracy said. "Finally I phoned Neil and he told me Gerry wasn't interested. It seems Gerry wants it to be like the days of Player's (Imperial Tobacco) when they paid $20 million (U.S.) a year to run two cars.

"The next thing I get is the announcement that Forsythe is going to help Conquest Racing with technical and engineering support."

Spicoli
03-20-08, 03:51 PM
Unka Gerra no like Tony.

extramundane
03-20-08, 03:53 PM
Unka Gerra no like Tony.

"Thanks Spikkly. Great news flash. I'll alert the media." - Somebody else

:runs:

Racing Truth
03-20-08, 03:57 PM
"Thanks Spikkly. Great news flash. I'll alert the media." - Somebody else

:runs:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Gesus Forsythe= :crazyoldman:

:waves:

Spicoli
03-20-08, 05:01 PM
I heard that, about 4 days prior to the announcement of the "absorption", he bought all the IRL wheels out on the open market. With no apparent use for them, except for, you know, pissing off everyone. :rofl:

Indy
03-21-08, 08:56 AM
You guys apparently didn't get the message that Jerry was sent by God to save the world from Australians.

TedN
03-21-08, 09:11 AM
He revealed that he has a potential Grand-Am outing with former Champ Car rival Alex Tagliani lined up, and is keen to find a drive for the NASCAR Nationwide Series' Montreal event, should he be forced to sit out the IndyCar season.

"Alex Tagliani has got some things happening with a Grand-Am car and he'd like me to team up with him and do some races," Tracy said.

"Right now, I don't have any options in an IndyCar, but there are some options to do some stuff in Grand-Am and hopefully do some Nationwide races, like the race in Canada.

"With my contract I can race other stuff, but I'd like to go IndyCar racing, and I can't get an answer out of my team."
Source (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65963)

Better than nothing I guess.

Ted

Insomniac
03-21-08, 09:47 AM
Source (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65963)

Better than nothing I guess.

Ted

Yeah, must suck to get paid $5M to not race in the IRL. Sign me up!

Lux Interior
03-22-08, 08:35 AM
If PT is in the new IRL, I'll check it out. If he goes to ALMS, I'll be much less inclined to.

trish
03-22-08, 09:53 AM
There's nothing new about it, unfortunately.

Lux Interior
03-22-08, 10:57 AM
There's nothing new about it, unfortunately.

True. It's still a swirling melange of you-know-what.

Still, to see PT rattle those drivers is worth watching, and you know he will BRING IT if he is racing there.

Chief
03-22-08, 11:03 AM
PT's done....I love 'em but it's over man. Face it. He should have some dignity and NOT drive a crapwagon (to paraphrase his very own words).

Lux Interior
03-22-08, 11:08 AM
I'd like to see him in that ALMS LMP2 field. He's a good road racer, and there are a lot of good drivers there. I'd try to get Monster Energy to sponsor a car.

Who knows. Maybe Gerry has other plans.

stroker
03-22-08, 11:53 AM
I'd love to see PT run The Mile in AMA Grand Nationals....

Ain't gonna happen, 'course... but it's a fun mental image.

Racing Truth
03-22-08, 12:10 PM
I'd like to see him in that ALMS LMP2 field. He's a good road racer, and there are a lot of good drivers there. I'd try to get Monster Energy to sponsor a car.

Who knows. Maybe Gerry has other plans.

You're assuming Gerald actually has a "plan" to begin with.

robot9000
03-24-08, 09:20 AM
Gerry/Jerry has no plan other than to pout like a spoiled little girl.

Tracy should be prowling the ALMS paddock. He's done as a contender in AOW (MHO is he was done a few seasons ago).

ChampcarShark
03-24-08, 10:44 AM
I hope he runs in the new series. It will be fun to see him win the 500 again.

Chaos
03-24-08, 11:22 AM
He's done as a contender in AOW (MHO is he was done a few seasons ago).

Yup. I think even if Tracy were not under contract to Forsythe, he would have had a hard time getting a ride (based on performance).

Insomniac
03-24-08, 11:31 AM
Yup. I think even if Tracy were not under contract to Forsythe, he would have had a hard time getting a ride (based on performance).

How is that any different from the majority of the field? :gomer:

trish
04-13-08, 09:38 PM
Robin Miller just said he looked at parts of PT's contract and there is a clause in the event that CC went away. It says that Jerry will run him in a comparable North American open wheel series. I still say he'll put him in an Atlantic car, although it might be hard to argue it's comparable.

Also he says though Paul is on the entry list for Long Beach, he still doesn't know if he's racing or not.

dando
04-13-08, 11:06 PM
Robin Miller just said he looked at parts of PT's contract and there is a clause in the event that CC went away. It says that Jerry will run him in a comparable North American open wheel series. I still say he'll put him in an Atlantic car, although it might be hard to argue it's comparable.

Also he says though Paul is on the entry list for Long Beach, he still doesn't know if he's racing or not.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/20-car-field-assembling-for-long-beach-champ-car-finale/

Tracy’s status remains up in the air, however. When Gerald Forsythe failed to field a car for the popular 39-year-old veteran at the first IRL race last month in Homestead, Fla., it was speculated that breeched Tracy’s five-year contract. Even so, he still offered to drive Forsythe’s car at Long Beach.

“I’ve had a lot of great years with Gerry and I’m still hoping to be in his car next week at Long Beach,” said the four-time winner of this event. “I expect we can resolve our differences in a way that makes us both happy.

“I’m looking forward to that result and being at Long Beach.”

-Kevin

Spicoli
04-13-08, 11:08 PM
transaltion: I'll take a check, a drive at Long Beach, day shifts at the bar, whaddevah you gots. :D

srsly - i would be amazed if PT wasn t in a Gerra car for LBGP. my bet is gerra runs some irl races with pt, or he goes to alms.

TravelGal
04-14-08, 01:06 AM

"Comparable" may very well be Robin Miller's word, not the language of the contract.

Insomniac
04-14-08, 07:55 AM
transaltion: I'll take a check, a drive at Long Beach, day shifts at the bar, whaddevah you gots. :D

Or, he owes me for the rest of my contract and we better work out some deal to pay me.

Spicoli
04-14-08, 12:32 PM
Or, he owes me for the rest of my contract and we better work out some deal to pay me.

yep. that works too.

underwhelming at best, tho... :(

Insomniac
04-14-08, 12:41 PM
yep. that works too.

underwhelming at best, tho... :(

I know it's all hype right now until the cars actually hit the track given their past record, but if they get 20+ cars for LB, that would be quite nice. Personally, I expected 16 or 17 cars given how many closed up shop with the "merger".

TravelGal
04-14-08, 12:43 PM

I know it's all hype right now until the cars actually hit the track given their past record, but if they get 20+ cars for LB, that would be quite nice. Personally, I expected 16 or 17 cars given how many closed up shop with the "merger".

Exactamundo. Where's my llama?

Insomniac
04-14-08, 02:51 PM
Exactamundo. Where's my llama?

I thought of all people, you'd know it's in the Andes. ;)

TravelGal
04-14-08, 07:34 PM
I thought of all people, you'd know it's in the Andes. ;)

:rofl: Aren't they mints? :rofl:

grungex
04-14-08, 10:26 PM

Except he wants to have his cake and eat it, too. Pay me, and let me race for somebody else as well.

Insomniac
04-15-08, 08:37 AM
Except he wants to have his cake and eat it, too. Pay me, and let me race for somebody else as well.

That doesn't even make sense. He should be starting from a legally defensible position.

Insomniac
04-15-08, 08:38 AM
:rofl: Aren't they mints? :rofl:

You need to spend less time in Hotels. :p

grungex
04-15-08, 08:50 AM
That doesn't even make sense. He should be starting from a legally defensible position.

One would think...

Dr. Corkski
04-15-08, 10:40 AM
That doesn't even make sense. He should be starting from a legally defensible position.You are assuming the people involved had any common sense to begin with.

Insomniac
04-15-08, 11:15 AM
You are assuming the people involved had any common sense to begin with.

That's true.

Spicoli
04-16-08, 08:26 PM
so what's the ****ing deal? Is PT in at FCR or what? :confused:

dando
04-16-08, 08:58 PM

I thought ou had all the inside sources? When is Danica due again. :gomer: ;)

Prolly depends on whether GF is on his meds next week, aye? :shakehead

-Kevin

extramundane
04-16-08, 09:08 PM

I know the answer and I have the emails to prove it. You can read them all on my blog this September.

jcollins28
04-16-08, 09:17 PM
I know the answer and I have the emails to prove it. You can read them all on my blog this September.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jcollins28
04-16-08, 09:18 PM

I do know the answer and I would send you a PM but I'm scared it would end up on the "Truth" blog...

Sean O'Gorman
04-17-08, 09:44 AM
SRAP.

Opposite Lock
04-17-08, 08:29 PM
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/tracy-confirmed-for-long-beach/

Cork can finally relax. :thumbup:

Spicoli
04-18-08, 07:44 AM
I do know the answer and I would send you a PM but I'm scared it would end up on the "Truth" blog...

You're just angry you got your ass handed to you on smackie.:yuck:

Spicoli
04-18-08, 08:40 AM
The billionaire businessman, in fact, wants Tracy on his own Vision Racing team.

Your Ad Here

"I intend to call," George said. "I got a message from (Tracy's) business manager, but I didn't have a chance to call him back. The message was that he's free to talk about a ride, beginning as early as (this weekend)."

oh ****. :rofl:

Insomniac
04-18-08, 11:10 AM
oh ****. :rofl:

Could a make-up call be coming for Indy? :gomer:

jcollins28
04-18-08, 07:09 PM
You're just angry you got your ass handed to you on smackie.:yuck:

I did? Wow I really would like to see that score card...Fabulous Fred can't handle his own ass. In fact notice since my last post to him he has been MIA? He better get crackin though because I hear KK pays him by the post...

pchall
04-18-08, 07:44 PM
The key to ticket sales for Toronto is Marty Roth in a Dallara/Honda.

Spicoli
04-19-08, 06:28 AM
I did? Wow I really would like to see that score card...Fabulous Fred can't handle his own ass. In fact notice since my last post to him he has been MIA? He better get crackin though because I hear KK pays him by the post...

your grasp of reality amazes me.

jcollins28
04-19-08, 11:56 AM
your grasp of reality amazes me.

U drinking again?

nrc
04-19-08, 12:03 PM
If you guys want to discuss your escapades in other forums do it there.

oddlycalm
04-19-08, 02:19 PM
Looks like it's curtains for Tracy after this weekend.

"I feel having missed a bunch of time last year with my back injury, and if I miss the whole of this year, it's probably unlikely that I'll be able to drive an IndyCar again. Just too much time out of the car."

"I would like to do a couple more seasons and help the series establish itself. But like I said, I don't think I'm going to get the opportunity to do that. I'm looking at other things."

Tracey says it may be his last race (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66720)

oc

dando
04-19-08, 02:27 PM
Looks like it's curtains for Tracy after this weekend.

That's too bad. Characters like PT are exactly what ICS needs to rebuild interest in the sport. :\

-Kevin

Cam
04-19-08, 02:39 PM
That's too bad. Characters like PT are exactly what ISC needs to rebuild interest in the sport. :\

-Kevin

ISC? Is that a Freudian slip? :saywhat:

dando
04-19-08, 02:44 PM
ISC? Is that a Freudian slip? :saywhat:

More like typing whilst watching hockey and live T&S. :gomer:

-Kevin

Spicoli
04-19-08, 02:52 PM
I got word this morning that TG is in hot pursuit to sign PT. Also heard, stangely enough, that Unka Gerra has feelers out to buy a couple crapwagons. Not sure if it is a 500 only thing, or if they intend to join the league/series thing full time.

Should make for some interesting scenarios. I don;t see PT on the sidelines after LBGP.

Insomniac
04-19-08, 03:18 PM
I got word this morning that TG is in hot pursuit to sign PT. Also heard, stangely enough, that Unka Gerra has feelers out to buy a couple crapwagons. Not sure if it is a 500 only thing, or if they intend to join the league/series thing full time.

Should make for some interesting scenarios. I don;t see PT on the sidelines after LBGP.

Buy a couple? Did TG close the cash register?

Insomniac
04-19-08, 03:30 PM
I know it isn't pronounced that way, but I laughed a little when I saw Forsythe Championship Racing became Forsythe Petit Racing (a couple years too late ;)).

TKGAngel
04-19-08, 03:37 PM
That's too bad. Characters like PT are exactly what ICS needs to rebuild interest in the sport. :\

-Kevin

You mean a dancing Brazillian and the pouty, pouty princess aren't working?

TG would have to be dumb and stupid to not want PT in a car in his series.

dando
04-19-08, 04:14 PM
You mean a dancing Brazillian and the pouty, pouty princess aren't working?

TG would have to be dumb and stupid to not want PT in a car in his series.

You forgot the whitest teeth on Earth campaign that is currently underway. :gomer:

-Kevin