PDA

View Full Version : Another One Bites the Dust

Andrew Longman
03-17-08, 09:31 AM
http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080315/NEWS/803150345/1004/NEWS01

Sure to be another shopping mall, as if the Rt 9 corridor needs another one. :shakehead

Interestingly, 40 miles down the Parkway a three track road racing complex is about to open. Totally different business model.

Nascar has sucked up the market for the Saturday Night Shows and the tracks that are surviving/thriving are road racing tracks with schools, clubs and business hospitality running almost every day of the year.

opinionated ow
03-17-08, 10:41 AM
http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080315/NEWS/803150345/1004/NEWS01

Sure to be another shopping mall, as if the Rt 9 corridor needs another one. :shakehead

Interestingly, 40 miles down the Parkway a three track road racing complex is about to open. Totally different business model.

Nascar has sucked up the market for the Saturday Night Shows and the tracks that are surviving/thriving are road racing tracks with schools, clubs and business hospitality running almost every day of the year.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... ........i love wall township

Andrew Longman
03-17-08, 11:38 AM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... ........i love wall township

No kidding. Jersey is down to New Egypt, Bridgeport and Grandview, none of which I particularly love.

Truex Jr. was racing at Wall (and Busch North) when Dale Earnhart called him. I saw Truex Sr. race there as a kid.

Cam B.
03-17-08, 04:22 PM
Another piece of my growing up in Jersey goes away. Spent many an evening at Wall Stadium. Sad to see it go.

Cam B.

opinionated ow
03-17-08, 05:22 PM
No kidding. Jersey is down to New Egypt, Bridgeport and Grandview, none of which I particularly love.

Truex Jr. was racing at Wall (and Busch North) when Dale Earnhart called him. I saw Truex Sr. race there as a kid.

pavement modifieds and supermodifieds; have seen at least a dozen races from that track, and every one of them was cool.