PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Got a Pen?

TedN
03-17-08, 06:55 AM
Minardi boss Paul Stoddart made an historic return to work in the Formula One paddock in Melbourne for the first time since he left the sport at the end of 2005. Well, sort of.

Stoddart may still have some ambitions of coming back to F1 as a team boss, but his job at Albert Park was as a guest commentator for local radio station 3AW. "Yep, I'm going to be with you guys," the Australian said to us ahead of the weekend.

And the historic bit? Well, that was tucked away in his top left pocket.

Stoddart was carrying a big chunky pen around with him and could not help but tell people about why that pen was so special. Because it was the exact one that had been used to sign the historic unification document between Champ Car and the IRL earlier this year.

"I was in the meeting where the deal was agreed but when they came to sign the document, they realised they had forgotten to bring a pen with them," said Stoddart. "Luckily, I was well prepared."

Link (http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/65847)

:shakehead

Ted

KaBoom21
03-17-08, 09:56 AM
Jack Klompus wants his astronaut pen back.

Insomniac
03-17-08, 10:01 AM
Link (http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/65847)

:shakehead

Ted

How does a lawyer not have a pen?

robot9000
03-17-08, 10:03 AM
While I find the story amusing, I would also not be suprised for even a nano-second if it was true.

extramundane
03-17-08, 10:55 AM
How does a lawyer not have a pen?

Hawaiian lawyer. 'nuff said.

audi quattro
03-17-08, 11:37 AM
What a load of sheet.

Secondly, why the **** would he be in the meeting???

G.
03-17-08, 11:38 AM
Secondly, why the **** would he be in the meeting???Cuz had had the pen!:)

Andrew Longman
03-17-08, 11:43 AM
What a load of sheet.

I suspect there might have been something to sign saying that if they give him this much money he will bring his team to LB.

Just a guess, and while little has been reported, I doubt they left to chance how the LBGP would be pulled off.

Wait a second... I take that back. ;)

SteveH
03-17-08, 12:50 PM
What a load of sheet.

Probably went like this.....

TG - We can do this deal uh er hummmm if uh you can uhh get me a uh ride in the uhhh two seater F1 car mmmmmm OK?

KK - Maybe, I don't know. Anyone know if Stoddardt's around?

voice in background - I heard he flew in to pick up some leftover Herdez salsa at the shop

KK - get him on the phone and tell him to get over here quick

TG - Uh cool, you uhh can actually uh umm give errrr orders over the phone?

:tony:

Don Quixote
03-17-08, 01:06 PM
^^^^^^^ :rofl:

ChampcarShark
03-18-08, 05:49 PM
:rofl: :rofl:
You guys are funny. hope the forum does not fold too.

This story makes you wonder what kind of mickey mouse deal they made? :confused:

oddlycalm
03-18-08, 08:57 PM
: This story makes you wonder what kind of mickey mouse deal they made? :confused: Oh, we knew what kind of BS deal they made, we just didn't know which one of those geniuses had the presence of mind to arrive with a writing stick....:\

oc