PDA

View Full Version : I had an epiphany....

devilmaster
05-17-03, 07:07 PM
Guys, I finally get it.

As I sit here in my hotel room in St. Louis, waiting for tomorrow's game against the Cubs, I have had time to sit back, relax, and reminise on my first day ever visiting Indianapolis.

Great to see so many friends again. But i'm troubled. Cam convinced me to go to the track for IPS qual and IRL practice. I really didn't want to go, but I relented as my 2 non-racing friends would have liked it.

I understand now. I walked into a place where, if it was a decade ago, I would have been bouncing off the walls with anticipation. I thought I wouldn't care. I was wrong.

It -IS- all about Indy. Its like an atheist walking into the Notre Dame Basilica du Montreal.

I will probably still follow CART, but the IRL Indycar Series is where its at. They've hooked me. The rumble on my body as they went by at speed. The way they ran 3 wide down the front straight. The way the sounds interrupted Lisa as she chastised me for not listening to her.

And lets not forget the IPS. The hum of those engines sounded great. Even when they ran the enitre front stretch sputtering on the rev-limiter. Music to my ears, pure music.

So what else is there to say? I've emailed WCFC about cancelling my membership. I won't be needing it anymore. I'll still be here, as my friends are here, but I will need my IRL fix. TF can help me out with that.

Like I said. I finally get it. Sincerely - Thank you Tony.

Steve

cart7
05-17-03, 07:18 PM
Didn't you listen to us??? :mad: Don't eat the track tenderloins!! It's too late for a stomach pump now, so lay down for awhile, take 3 Tylenol with Codein. It should pass soon.

racer2c
05-17-03, 07:18 PM
Weird.

fourrunner
05-17-03, 07:21 PM
Off the Wagon again.... bummer! :)

nrc
05-17-03, 09:23 PM
So Cam has good crack?

RaceChic
05-17-03, 09:31 PM
How much did Tony George pay you to say that? Was that before or after you smoked Cam's crack?:rofl:

Railbird
05-17-03, 09:43 PM
So Cam has good crack?

Cam and Zig had a good crack at me today.

Dodging raindrops and hidious bitches I ran into those two miscreants after watching the IPS boys unsuccessful attempts to get around to turn four before catastrophe set in.

Good to see a couple of cynical bastards like myself in the land of bricks.

pchall
05-17-03, 09:53 PM
Steve, you can't be ready for a Brickyard epiphany until you've had Ipiphini Pro Series experience.

Eagle104
05-17-03, 10:59 PM
"I had an epiphany...."

You sure it wasn't just gas??

Actually, I think you're just high...so, we're going to need a urine test.
:laugh:

Lizzerd
05-18-03, 12:20 AM
As we sat in the stands yesterday, I could see the excitement in your eyes growing, Gradually at first, then with a rush, as you looked around and realized that you were indeed in The Temple of Speed. I remember the exact moment. It was as if an aura had appeared, surrounding you, that said "I understand now". You didn't say anything at the time, and niether did I, but I knew you were one of Us now.

You see, I've been living a lie, and your confession has made it easier for me to come out of the closet now. I too am an irlista. Always have been, always will be. I've always kept my feelings to myself, though, fearing being called a Lemming (such an awful word) by people such as the one you used to be.

Thank you, devilmaster, for giving me the courage to be who I am and announce it to the world. I feel a trmemdous burden taken off my chest, knowing that I can now live my life like I was born to do. Long Live the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, IRL, and Tony George!

Welcome Home, Brother.

Cam
05-18-03, 12:33 AM
All I said was you need to SEE the plavce!!! I didnt say GO IN!!:saywhat:

mexican
05-18-03, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Cam
All I said was you need to SEE the plavce!!! I didnt say GO IN!!:saywhat:

:rofl:

RaceChic
05-18-03, 05:59 AM
I know what's happened..... Tony George has hired aliens to abduct you guys and reprogram your brains....Everyone beware, they present themselves as everyday human beings. They are ALL dressed in yellow shirts and appear to be working at the IMS as security guards.....:eek: The captain of the mother ship is Helio Castroneves......

Wait..... You really aren't in St. Louis, are you Steve????!!!!???:eek:

Cam... Are you still okay??
Do NOT go back to the IMS, I repeat, do NOT go back to the speedway.:cry:

cart7
05-18-03, 07:36 AM
Since we're all coming out of the closet, I'll admit it. I'll be there next week to cheer on Jeemy. :cry: I'm sorry, I can't help myself. Forgive me, I'm under the spell of the best racing in the worl.... oops, F1 just came on. Gotta go. ;)

RTKar
05-18-03, 07:42 AM
Yes, I'll be there too, cheering on Jimmy...I can't help myself.. and I'M bEginNG tO tYPe KiNdA FuNNy TWo wHAT's HaPPenInG To mE???

RaceGrrl
05-18-03, 08:13 AM
Steve, you shouldn't have put on the hat. It all started with the HAT.

Cam
05-18-03, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
Steve, you shouldn't have put on the hat. It all started with the HAT. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mello
05-18-03, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
Steve, you shouldn't have put on the hat. It all started with the HAT.

I heard about the hat. I also hear there are pictures of the hat.

lisa
05-18-03, 09:31 AM
Now don't be blaming the HAT. It came from Memphis....far from Indy.

RaceGrrl
05-18-03, 09:37 AM
Look at the photo and tell me that it wasn't the hat that caused the conversion from CART to IRL fan.

http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/smicalef.jpg

racer2c
05-18-03, 10:40 AM
That must be the 'Hat of Relaxation'. :D

DjDrOmusic
05-18-03, 03:27 PM
STEVE, S-L-O-W-L-Y take off the hat!!

I promise on the soul of my cat, which makes me a Nancy Boy, that I'll never sing Oh Canada again the way I did during LB!! I'll be respectful and leave out the EH's, Eh? Now step away from the dixie cups with the yummy green koolaid and find a bottle of Canadian Mist. Drink one shot for every cracked spine this year in the IRL, when the bottle is empty after 5 minutes, open another one and continue until you have a shot for each and every spine! After that bottle is empty, you should feel the effects of the Gomeraid wearing off. Turn on your TV, careful to make sure the channel isn't affiliated with Disney, turn on a VCR and insert any tape of any CART race. Your system will then be shocked back to reality, and your soul saved from P!$$poor racing, then repeat these words:

I Pledge Allegiance to the Pookster
of the Champcar World Series,
and to the racing, for which it stands
One series, without TG or Indy,
unrelenting,
with Friends and Beer for All.

We're here with you Steve, we'll get through this together!

(The preceeding was taken from the Dr."O" 12 Step program for racing quality, saving Open Wheel Racing, one fan at a time!)

:D :cool:

RTKar
05-18-03, 03:40 PM
Maybe instead of waving the checkered flag for the winner of the 500, they'll just dangle Steve by his feet on the 500th mile.

doppelganger
05-18-03, 04:32 PM
If devilmaster had an epiphany, does that mean hell froze over?

fourrunner
05-18-03, 08:28 PM
Devilmaster....

I'm sure that Todays Events of Bump Day has convinced you even further, you made the right decision!!

Bob Jenkins says Hi - He'd wave but he was in a "Straight Jacket"! ;)

God Bless Ya! ;)

devilmaster
05-20-03, 01:02 PM
Ugh.

I feel like I have one massive hangover.

Quick. Anyone know a place in Detroit I can get a tenderloin?

Steve

RacinM3
05-20-03, 03:27 PM
Funny you say that Steve. I was just thinking that if "epiphany" is defined as falling down and hitting your head and waking up a stark raging psycho, then yes, you had an epiphany.

devilmaster
05-20-03, 03:32 PM
:laugh:

Hey M3, I was wonderin if I saw you on the highways and byways.

Passed a car with a plate of MR M3 2U

Just wondering ;)

Steve

RacinM3
05-20-03, 05:33 PM
lol, no wasn't me....I don't believe in vanity plates - just more voluntary taxation - like the Lotto.;)

RaceChic
05-20-03, 07:15 PM
I like my vanity plate. "CART 99" :D

mello
05-22-03, 07:06 PM
Ok since all this confession stuff came up I have something to admit also. I LOVE tenderlions!! Even making my own tonight cause you can't get them in Columbus.

Lizzerd
05-22-03, 08:06 PM
I had a tenderloin after devilmaster's epiphany at McGilvery's. I cut him a hunk of the bigger than bun slab of hammered pig's butt. I'm not sure he really liked it though. It's giving me second thoughts about whether this epiphany was real now...

devilmaster
07-27-03, 06:07 PM
There was something in that water!

This pic proves I was drugged by something at Indy....

http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/indy1.jpg

Originally posted by RacinM3
Funny you say that Steve. I was just thinking that if "epiphany" is defined as falling down and hitting your head and waking up a stark raging psycho, then yes, you had an epiphany

ummm...maybe? :D

Steve

RaceGrrl
07-27-03, 06:15 PM
Hahahaha! Too funny. :laugh:

RaceChic
07-27-03, 06:28 PM
How is that different than usual, devilmaster!!!!???? :rofl:

rocket
07-27-03, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
How is that different than usual, devilmaster!!!!???? :rofl:

Yup...that's usually how I see him.:p :D

JT265
07-27-03, 06:40 PM
Devilmaster said: "I had an epiphany...."

That's okay Steve. See, it's kinda like a boil on your ass, just take a hot needle and lance the bad boy. ;)

lisa
08-04-03, 09:35 PM
Where is the pic, Steve? :D

EDwardo
08-06-03, 05:15 PM
I had an epiphany once. But it turned out to be a hangover.