PDA

View Full Version : Inner Circle Dinner in Long Beach

wood-eye
03-14-08, 10:49 PM
This is to announce that there will be an Inner Circle dinner in Long Beach on Saturday night of the Long Beach event. The announcement of the event along with dinner reservations will take place Thursday night three weeks before the race weekend as in the past. Announcements will be posted on the forums as in the past and the registration will be the same as in the past (please look for most everything to look the same as you have experienced in the past). Look also at www.wood-eye.blogspot.com

We are also working on other activities and will make announcements as soon as each activity is in place and approved.

We are very excited about this opportunity to have fans get together at this dinner and in Long Beach....see you there.

Dave Wood
Ambassador
Inner Circle

nrc
03-15-08, 12:04 AM
The last supper?

Sean Malone
03-15-08, 12:08 AM
The last supper?

:rofl: :rofl:

G.
03-15-08, 12:30 AM
The last supper?Trying to come up with 12 Apostles, I got nothing.:D

SteveH
03-15-08, 12:31 AM
The last supper?

wonder if Judas will be there? ;-)

G.
03-15-08, 12:34 AM
wonder if Judas will be there? ;-)Now THAT, I got, maybe, 37 names for.:laugh:

(yeah, Judas was one of 12, and http://webfantasy.info/Jeri_Lynn_Ryan/Images/jeri_ryan_01.jpg was 7 of 9. Point?)

G.
03-15-08, 12:38 AM
I guess some have gotten this, maybe some have not.

Dear Champions,

Champ Car would like to thank all of you for participating and contributing to the Inner Circle Fan Club. You've proven to be among the most dedicated and loyal fans of a racing series. We know that some of you have mixed feelings about what has transpired, but we hope that you will support the teams and drivers that made Champ Car so great in their future endeavors, whether it be in the IndyCar Series, the Atlantic Championship or another form of racing. We wish all of you the best and thank each and every one of you for your support over the years.

- The Champ Car Team

CCIC email.

Sean O'Gorman
03-15-08, 12:43 AM
There has to be a ,,,,,,,,, joke in there somewhere.

pitwall3
03-15-08, 12:46 AM
David and Linda, Penny and I will be there. It wouldn't be a Champ Car Race without you two hosting the CCIC dinner. It should be a great evening. :thumbup:

Penny & Wayne

TravelGal
03-15-08, 01:39 AM
Particularly poignant to see Dave's post a few hours after getting that CCIC goodbye email.

Chief
03-15-08, 11:49 AM
Dave Wood,

Thanks for all your hard work over the years. Not sure if this is where any of us wanted the sport to be, but, the reality is we are here. Hope everyone has a great time in Long Beach and best wishes to everyone in their future endevors. It was a great run......

-Chief

dando
03-15-08, 01:25 PM
Particularly poignant to see Dave's post a few hours after getting that CCIC goodbye email.

In the end they couldn't even get that right. I haven't received the e-mail yet. :irked: :saywhat: I guess it's time to get that ChampCar sticker off the bimmer. :(

-Kevin

nrc
03-15-08, 01:32 PM
Now THAT, I got, maybe, 37 names for.:laugh:

(yeah, Judas was one of 12, and http://webfantasy.info/Jeri_Lynn_Ryan/Images/jeri_ryan_01.jpg was 7 of 9. Point?)

That's quite a stretch. Not complaining, just sayin'. :)

jcollins28
03-15-08, 03:09 PM
I might be able to make it.

shaggy_socal
03-15-08, 03:47 PM

KK will probably be absent or hiding in his hospitality tent. :)

TKGAngel
03-15-08, 03:50 PM
The last supper?

So does that mean Champcar will rise again three days later? ;)

dando
03-15-08, 03:59 PM

I'm sure that he'll be there watching his son, Graham. :gomer:

-Kevin

oddlycalm
03-15-08, 06:20 PM
Seems like it'll be more of a wake than anything. I still haven't heard what teams will be there. Who is going to officiate and run the race? Are they going to pull people out of the crowd at random, hand them credentials and explain what to do....:gomer: ?

Don't mean to be cynical, but CCWS has around 6 employees left and several teams have let their people go and and closed.

oc

dando
03-15-08, 06:25 PM
Seems like it'll be more of a wake than anything. I still haven't heard what teams will be there. Who is going to officiate and run the race? Are they going to pull people out of the crowd at random, hand them credentials and explain what to do....:gomer: ?

Don't mean to be cynical, but CCWS has around 6 employees left and several teams have let their people go and and closed.

oc

Apparently you missed the memo:

http://www.birakshrine.org/images/karkor.JPG

:gomer:

Drop the flag.

:cry:

-Kevin

wood-eye
03-17-08, 10:56 PM
Linda and I just got the ok to go on track in Sebring this week to be with the teams moving over to the IRL.....we'll post soem pics on
www.wood-eye.blogspot.com

The main reason we are going is to chat with some folks about the dinner in Long Beach...which will be a great time...and not a "wake"....

Wood-eye

Munk
03-19-08, 12:52 AM
Particularly poignant to see Dave's post a few hours after getting that CCIC goodbye email.I was thinking of that email as I was reading Dave's post. :(

Linda and I just got the ok to go on track in Sebring this week to be with the teams moving over to the IRL.....we'll post soem pics on
www.wood-eye.blogspot.com

The main reason we are going is to chat with some folks about the dinner in Long Beach...which will be a great time...and not a "wake"....

Wood-eye

I will try my best to make it. I have always appreciated everything the two of you have done for this sport. Love to Linda!!

wood-eye
03-21-08, 10:24 PM
The dinner announcement for the "Great Hurrah to Champ Car" in Long Beach will be March 27th..Thursday...we now have found a site where we can hold up to 100 people...instead of the normal 60. AND..we are lining up some guests..who if they show..will be something you will never forget.

I have also posted some of my pictures from Sebring testing on www.wood-eye.blogspot.com

Some of you have talked about the letter from Inner Circle... hey..I got one too...it was written by the contracted folks for Champions ...an enhanced part of Inner Circle...some day I'll tell you how they always seemed to confuse Champions as being the Inner Circle....anyway they are gone and we are still here...the "hearts" of the Inner Circle

Wood-eye

SteveH
03-21-08, 11:50 PM
Well crap, I won't fly in until Friday. I was looking forward to making my first (and sadly last) Inner Circle dinner.

Oh well, have fun and down a few beers.

TravelGal
03-22-08, 12:34 AM
Count me in. Where and when will be advised later, I assume?

We'll miss you SteveH. Maybe there will be another group on Friday night. Let's hope so. We have to pack as much into this weekend as we can.

manic mechanic
03-23-08, 02:11 AM
Well crap, I won't fly in until Friday. I was looking forward to making my first (and sadly last) Inner Circle dinner.

Oh well, have fun and down a few beers.

Steve,

The dinner will be SATURDAY night, April 19th.

The announcement for reservations will be posted THURSDAY, MARCH 27th.

Respond in good time and you will be with a large number of us in the room (and you never know who may end up in MY party that evening...).

I have heard that the speakers are some that Dave has wanted at events for some time.. I'm happy, but sad at the same time with this because this one will be the last one for CCIC as we know it. :shakehead

Find me at the dinner and I'll buy you a cold one. :thumbup:

manic

TravelGal
03-23-08, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the date clarification Manic. In that case, TravelGuy will be there also (I think). :\

xcartx
03-27-08, 07:57 PM
Here's the information on the Long Beach Dinner:
INNER CIRCLE GRAND HURRAH
2008 Long Beach Grand Prix Dinner
You are cordially invited to attend the Inner Circle Long Beach Grand Prix Dinner ….come for a “grand hurrah” evening with friends and special guests. It will be an evening not to miss.

Date: Saturday, April 19, 2008
Time: Doors open 6:00PM
Dinner 6:30PM-8:30PM
Price: $20 per person CASH (Tax & Gratuity included)
Pay at the door
Where: GameWorks Long Beach
10 Aquarium Way
Long Beach, CA 90802
562-308-7529

GameWorks is walking distance from anywhere in the track. It is located at the North end of the track in The Pike, between Shoreline Drive and West Seaside Way. When you walk through the front door, go to the left to the “B” room. A quick link to maps and reviews of the restaurant can be found here. http://www.gameworks.com/locations/long_beach.php

Dinner will be a Mexican Fiesta Buffet:

Chips and Roasted salsa
Cheese Enchiladas (Fresh corn tortillas filled with Cheddar and Jack cheeses, diced onions and basted with enchilada sauce) Spanish Rice and Charro beans
Build your own Taco Bar:
Served with Picadillo Beef and Chicken Machaca, with warm flour tortillas, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Cheddar and Jack cheeses, Fresh cilantro and Green onions

Assortment of freshly baked Pastries, Cookies and Brownies

Soda bar

Cash and Carry for alcoholic drinks

Please RSVP no later than Wednesday April 16, 2008

RSVP to: cmontez99@aol.com

Please send in your RSVP ASAP. We have a maximum occupancy of 100 people for this venue, so it is a good bet that we will sell out.

Your name will be on the guest list when you arrive.

PLEASE let us know ASAP if you cannot attend as others will be on a waiting list to attend and we will personally be charged for your dinner regardless.

Local Coordinators: Reggie & Christine Montez and Anaya Yates
Ambassadors: Dave & Linda Wood and Marilyn Sara

SteveH
03-27-08, 10:00 PM
IN :thumbup: :)

manic mechanic
03-28-08, 12:19 AM
Well, my party has been confirmed. Let's rip the roof off the joint!!! :D

manic

pitwall3
03-28-08, 01:07 AM
I sent in my RSVP.

TravelGal
03-28-08, 03:14 PM
Me too. Already sent my reply.

A very schizophrenic day. Seminar on Queensland, Australia in the morning followed by Saturday activities, followed by Mexican dinner. :p TravelGuy decided to pass, however.