PDA

View Full Version : anybody know about prairie hills?

Spicoli
03-14-08, 03:59 PM
http://www.prairiehillsmc.com/

thoughts? who is this guy, etc etc...

cameraman
03-14-08, 04:32 PM
Nice playground. $35-100K per year ought to keep it from getting too crowded...

dando
03-14-08, 04:42 PM
Nice playground. $35-100K per year ought to keep it from getting too crowded...

But you can get a pre-constrution discount on that. :gomer: :eek: :saywhat:

-Kevin

grungex
03-14-08, 06:04 PM
Lots of slick brochures, but I keep hearing rumblings that it's more smoke than fire. If it comes to fruition I'm going to go play...

oddlycalm
03-14-08, 06:04 PM
No idea of the specifics, but road courses are basically 100% booked nation wide. Whether or not a high end destination resort with a road course would fly is an interesting question.

It's already an expensive hobby, but this is pretty serious money. I'd wonder about drive time from the Chicago suburbs and other major markets. I've seen a lot of ski and golf resorts never get built out and I know a bank who will sell you a great ski hill at Elk Meadows, UT....:D On the other hand, I see the money put into marinas, golf and ski resorts and I'm sure it's not impossible.

We are lucky to have a nice road course right in town and there are so many club track days you could probably go twice a week if you wanted to and stay at a number of great hotels. I was local so I just drove home.

oc

Spicoli
03-14-08, 09:30 PM
http://i29.tinypic.com/1zv5roh.jpg

SteveH
03-14-08, 10:01 PM
That's been in the papers over the last year. The land should be pretty cheap in Lake Village, mostly farm land in the surrounding area.

As an added benefit it will only be a short 10 minute drive to this place (http://www.ponderosasunclub.com/). :D

Sean O'Gorman
03-15-08, 12:48 AM
These things are popping up all over the place, probably moreso than there is demand for them. Are there really that many rich guys who need their own semi-private road course? More specifically, are there that many people who will pay high prices to live in houses next to a race track when they don't race?

Inevitably alot of these tracks are either never built, or eventually end up being rented to those dirty SCCA racers and whatnot to break even.

Andrew Longman
03-15-08, 05:43 AM
Interesting.

There is a golf community near Princeton that has a course designed by some famous designer and an annual membership fee of $35K. Add to that the $950K home and $20K+ in property taxes. I never thought it would go. But it did. Completely sold out within a few years.

Figure there are enough filthy rich people out there who bought exotic go-fast cars they can't get out of 3rd gear on public roads and there may be a market.

I questioned too the new track going in a South Jersey, but if OC is right, and he usually is, the track time is at a premium nationally, then there might be something to it.

Spicoli
03-16-08, 10:07 AM
got some interesting info last night on this - evidently its going forward and there is alot of money involved.

unfortunately, derek daly is involved, so it may tank yet.