PDA

View Full Version : KV Racing

G.
03-12-08, 02:29 PM
Cookie and Will Power.

This cracks me up. I can almost SEE Vasser's smirk as he says this:

<snip> Vasser said. "Speaking from past experience, this series will be one of the most difficult to win because it requires a driver and a team to race on a variety of different tracks. To win the championship you have to be competitive in all disciplines of open-wheel racing."

WARNING! clicky this link, your internet may break. Also, 2 scary pics of drivers.

hey boss? Do we HAVE to include links? (http://www.indycar.com/news/story.php?story_id=10666)

dando
03-12-08, 02:47 PM
"In conjunction with our commitment to the IndyCar Series, we have re-branded the team as KV Racing Technology and agreed to a sponsorship arrangement with Aussie Vineyards -- Team Australia. This will allow Will Power to join teammate Oriol Servia in what I believe will be the most competitive and exciting open-wheel racing series. We want to welcome both Aussie Vineyards -- Team Australia and Will Power to our team and we look forward to a very successful season in 2008 and for many years to come."

It's good to be (or been) the boss. :saywhat:

-Kevin

KLang
03-12-08, 02:57 PM
sponsorship arrangement with Aussie Vineyards

The wine wasn't very good. It will be easy to avoid.

eiregosod
03-12-08, 03:12 PM
Cookie and Will Power.

This cracks me up. I can almost SEE Vasser's smirk as he says this:

WARNING! clicky this link, your internet may break. Also, 2 scary pics of drivers.

hey boss? Do we HAVE to include links? (http://www.indycar.com/news/story.php?story_id=10666)

Vasser wonned it when it meant something.

Hope FTG doesnt put vasser's chmpionship win on equal footing with Buzzed calkins :tony:

Who Needs Milk!

cameraman
03-12-08, 04:24 PM
Seems the IRL photographers are on par with the racing:rolleyes:

nrc
03-12-08, 07:43 PM
Seems the IRL photographers are on par with the racing:rolleyes:

The whole site looks like what it is, gomers trying to look world class and just coming off like morons.

SurfaceUnits
03-12-08, 09:21 PM
Who will be first to declare crapwagons better than the DP-01 or Lola?

Indy
03-12-08, 10:19 PM
Will is either scared ****-less or possessed.

Brickman
03-12-08, 10:51 PM
The whole site looks like what it is, gomers trying to look world class and just coming off like morons.

Guess it needs more ads (www.cart.com);)

I especially like the interracial dating, Rappelz, and the Wu-Yi Weight Loss System!

Sean Malone
03-12-08, 10:55 PM

I especially like the interracial dating, Rappelz, and the Wu-Yi Weight Loss System!

Um...FYI, Those are 'smart ads' based on your own most recent google searches. :gomer:

coolhand
03-12-08, 11:15 PM

Um...FYI, Those are 'smart ads' based on your own most recent google searches. :gomer:

LOL :rofl:

Brickman
03-12-08, 11:17 PM

I doubt that. Macallan Single Malt Scotch Whisky, and delegates by state, and Forsythe Performance Research? :eek:

Sean O'Gorman
03-12-08, 11:36 PM
I get nothing but Hurricane Katrina aid ads. :saywhat:

Chief
03-13-08, 07:37 AM
I agree, just a mirror of the pathetic IRL world. Will Power now looks just like the standard issue IRL 'tard photos taken years back with the drivers making weird faces and poses. Nice ploy brickman, using a dead series' web ads to boast your lemming-esqe propaganda.

patski
03-13-08, 10:10 AM
Will is either scared ****-less or possessed.

Or very Stupid.

TKGAngel
03-13-08, 10:21 AM
Why does Servia's photo look like a mug shot?

Chief
03-13-08, 11:47 AM
McQueeney never studied portraiture apparently. Or, the webmaster is going for an unpolished look....just like the series leaders have marketed the series to the American public.

extramundane
03-13-08, 11:50 AM

Because he feels like he's about to do hard time?

Brickman
03-13-08, 12:00 PM
I agree, just a mirror of the pathetic IRL world. Will Power now looks just like the standard issue IRL 'tard photos taken years back with the drivers making weird faces and poses. Nice ploy brickman, using a dead series' web ads to boast your lemming-esqe propaganda.

Well I thought making fun of IRL cameraman was kinda dumb, I doubt that they have taken a single shot of either driver. Besides the "dead" series ads were always stupid and unprofessional. You are a fan of the split Chief, shouldn't you be posting with D someplace?

cameraman
03-13-08, 12:41 PM
Well I thought making fun of IRL cameraman was kinda dumb, I doubt that they have taken a single shot of either driver. Ron McQueeney's name is on Servia's really bad picture.

Brickman
03-13-08, 12:55 PM
Ron McQueeney's name is on Servia's really bad picture.

So you think he brought him in for a racing photo shoot and that was the best they could do? Or some different explanation?

cameraman
03-13-08, 01:04 PM
When you combine terrible taste with marginal skills you get crap. The photographs are garbage, both technically and stylistically. Why the IRL so strongly desires to make every driver in the series look like an absolute clown is beyond me.

Brickman
03-13-08, 01:17 PM
When you combine terrible taste with marginal skills you get crap. The photographs are garbage, both technically and stylistically. Why the IRL so strongly desires to make every driver in the series look like an absolute clown is beyond me.

Oh I agree that bad photography is just that, just like when they use to photoshop the drivers hats on.

But it was probably a last minute deal, and rather than have bad photos, no photos may have been better. I'll bet they have very few photos of drivers coming over from CC.

G.
03-13-08, 01:21 PM
I'll bet they have very few photos of drivers coming over from CC.Why? Don't they OWN the photos now?

Brickman
03-13-08, 01:27 PM
Why? Don't they OWN the photos now?

Probably once the court says they do, in fact once the webite has a redirect on it I would say yes. But I would guess they have 2008 driver photos taken at Homestead. IMHO

Andrew Longman
03-13-08, 06:07 PM

Looks to me as if he was just out all night with Jimmy Vasser. ;)

Chief
03-13-08, 06:09 PM
Well I thought making fun of IRL cameraman was kinda dumb, I doubt that they have taken a single shot of either driver. Besides the "dead" series ads were always stupid and unprofessional. You are a fan of the split Chief, shouldn't you be posting with D someplace?
Save your sermon for someone who cares Brickman....shouldn't you be extolling the virtues of the IRL's great series sponsorships such as Pep Boys and Northern Light versus the dead CART/CCWS that has none now? It seems analogous to your pro-IRL propaganda as of late (which stretches across several forums). The IRL's looking for new *paid* propagandists and it looks like you have quite a resume to work from. Keep up the good work.:thumbup:

Brickman
03-13-08, 06:31 PM
Save your sermon for someone who cares Brickman....shouldn't you be extolling the virtues of the IRL's great series sponsorships such as Pep Boys and Northern Light versus the dead CART/CCWS that has none now? It seems analogous to your pro-IRL propaganda as of late (which stretches across several forums). The IRL's looking for new *paid* propagandists and it looks like you have quite a resume to work from. Keep up the good work.:thumbup:

Hell Chief like I said at Smackworld "So Chief, do you want open wheel to succeed, or would you be happier if Tony George failed so you can bitch some more?"

Don't have to even answer anymore. You and D live and breathe the split, I'm sure you will find a way to perpetuate it.

G.
03-13-08, 06:42 PM
Brick, you have managed to make a nearly worthless topic into a confoundingly useless topic. :bunny:

Don't know how you do it. It's a gift, I s'pose.

nrc
03-13-08, 11:38 PM

If you want to defend the IRL web site be my guest. Responding with a bash of the Champ car site and then complaining about "fans of the split" doesn't make much sense.

Brickman
03-14-08, 12:07 AM
If you want to defend the IRL web site be my guest. Responding with a bash of the Champ car site and then complaining about "fans of the split" doesn't make much sense.

If that was "bashing" then you are 100% correct. I fell into the muck of following criticisim "Seems the IRL photographers are on par with the racing" with hey looks who lives in a glass house? That too perpetuates the split. I was wrong to do so.