PDA

View Full Version : New Adult Campsite @ RA

Corner5
03-12-08, 10:50 AM
New area and restrictions for Adult camping-

Unreserved Tent Camping (See “Additional Camping Rules”)
Location: "Unreserved" tent sites will be in an area on the east side of the faciliy near the VIP tower. All campers must be over the age of 18.
Specifications: Sites in this area are first-come, first-serve; and are NOT marked and assigned in advance. (Road America reserves the right to relocate campers.) Only six people allowed per site; must be 18 or older; More than one sleeping unit per site is allowed (i.e. two tents, or one tent and one pop up, etc.); large party tents are NOT allowed; only sleeping tents and small screen tents for cooking can be set up.
Hookups: The "Unreserved” campsite area has portable restrooms; there are NO electrical or water hook ups in these sites. No dishwashing allowed in restrooms.
Quiet Time: Enforced between 1:00 AM to 7:00 AM; no radios after 12:00 AM; no extensive or professional sound systems are allowed; we reserve the right to deny their use. LOUD music is not allowed at any time. (Please remember, voices carry in the night—use of profanity, loud music, obnoxious disturbances or nuisances will not be tolerated and violators will be asked to leave.) Campers will be restricted to their campsites at sundown. ABSOLUTELY NO VEHICLE TRAFFIC after sundown unless entering or exiting the property.
Emergency Lanes: There will be designated roadways for emergency and other vehicle traffic. Absolutely no parking in these lanes!

http://www.roadamerica.com/track_camping.htm

I talked to someone from RA and they said the campsite will be to the right of Gate 3 on this map on the outside of the actual track.(still inside RA)

http://www.roadamerica.com/images/maps/ra_map_2006.pdf

Also Atlantics will have 2 races and SPEED World Challenge has been added in place of CC.

http://www.roadamerica.com/

G.
03-12-08, 10:59 AM
Boy, they really move all of you youthful Champ Car enthusiasts way outta the way.

See you there.

But I'll be with a g. or two, in family camp, over with the more mature and respectable Champ Car fans.:gomer:

Save me a beer.

Corner5
03-12-08, 11:06 AM
Boy, they really move all of you youthful Champ Car enthusiasts way outta the way.

See you there.

But I'll be with a g. or two, in family camp, over with the more mature and respectable Champ Car fans.:gomer:

Save me a beer.

This is mostly a result of the "cycle" crowd in June. They are far worse than any other fans. I've heard the stories,its their fault. But really this area is pretty good. They want to keep campers out of the paddock and I can't blame them.

eiregosod
03-12-08, 11:33 AM
This is mostly a result of the "cycle" crowd in June. They are far worse than any other fans. I've heard the stories,its their fault. But really this area is pretty good. They want to keep campers out of the paddock and I can't blame them.

maybe the MotoGP@Indy will assuage the biker's jonesin's for a race.

Corner5
03-12-08, 01:24 PM
maybe the MotoGP@Indy will assuage the biker's jonesin's for a race.

It will be interesting to see what happens there.

nissan gtp
03-12-08, 05:04 PM
lousy way to treat people, too far away from everything :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

eiregosod
03-12-08, 08:46 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens there.

gomers acting like bikers , I got Wayne Rainy tshirts to sell :tony:

OW
03-12-08, 09:46 PM
And Why? R we going to Road America?

grungex
03-12-08, 09:48 PM
BRIC, of course!

eiregosod
03-12-08, 10:08 PM

because its near woodstock il ;)

oh and needs more familly values.

Corner5
03-13-08, 10:05 AM
lousy way to treat people, too far away from everything :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

I don't know how much closer you can be to the track than on the RA grounds.

This area is close to alot of things.

TrueBrit
03-13-08, 10:06 AM
Hmmm...I just got something in the mail the other day that offered me the same spot I had last year...it was in an overflow area and I quite liked it's location...Wonder if that still holds??

Corner5
03-13-08, 10:09 AM

Huh? I will be spending my whole summer there.

ALMS weekend will be a good OW fix with Star Mazda, Formula BMW and Skip Barber National Series, the Atlantic Series will double with two races one Saturday and Sunday, ALMS and World SPEED Challenge.

Historics is a good weekend too ,see you there, grungex.:cool:

TrueBrit
03-13-08, 10:57 AM
Are they still sticking to the 4-day format or are they shortening it to three with the sudden demise of CC?

rocket
03-13-08, 02:48 PM
If they had hookers roaming the grounds that "curfew" may be more acceptable.:D

I'm sure they'll be patrolling the front straight like it's the DMZ.

OW
03-13-08, 10:09 PM

ALMS weekend will be a good OW fix with Star Mazda, Formula BMW and Skip Barber National Series, the Atlantic Series will double with two races one Saturday and Sunday, ALMS and World SPEED Challenge.

Fine...I get it
Here's the (tentative schedule)

http://www.roadamerica.com/images/main/08_season.pdf

I see ALMS in August... So that's when the OW fix is running?....not clear..
I'm trying

rocket
03-13-08, 11:26 PM
Fine...I get it
Here's the (tentative schedule)

http://www.roadamerica.com/images/main/08_season.pdf

I see ALMS in August... So that's when the OW fix is running?....not clear..
I'm trying

G.
03-14-08, 09:20 AM
ALMS weekend will be a good OW fix with Star Mazda, Formula BMW and Skip Barber National Series, the Atlantic Series will double with two races one Saturday and Sunday, ALMS and World SPEED Challenge.500 posts.:thumbup:

You need to get out less.

(I'd post a pic in the "Mental image of OC members", but I'm ascared to.)

Corner5
03-19-08, 10:19 AM
I'm sure they'll be patrolling the front straight like it's the DMZ.

Who can blame them? They just want to keep everything in the paddock safe.

But they don't want to end the fun of camping at RA either,just the destruction.

Last year some of the biker fans got on the track and tagged the barriers and buildings and the track itself with foul language.The workers had to try to clean it all up before the race sunday. Those fans should be banned for life. :thumdown:

rocket
03-20-08, 02:05 AM
Who can blame them? They just want to keep everything in the paddock safe.

But they don't want to end the fun of camping at RA either,just the destruction.

Last year some of the biker fans got on the track and tagged the barriers and buildings and the track itself with foul language.The workers had to try to clean it all up before the race sunday. Those fans should be banned for life. :thumdown:

I'm not blaming RA for anything, just making an observation/comment.

The solution though would seem to be more simple than they have made it out to be. Bike week campers caused problems, no more camping at the track that weekend.

CART 500
03-20-08, 08:36 AM
Camping has become a pretty large source of income for the track.It must outweigh the problems.

patski
03-20-08, 02:39 PM
I'm not blaming RA for anything, just making an observation/comment.

The solution though would seem to be more simple than they have made it out to be. Bike week campers caused problems, no more camping at the track that weekend.

Canceling camping would be the end of bike week and the loss of much needed income.
Not gg too happen.

rocket
03-20-08, 05:45 PM
Canceling camping would be the end of bike week and the loss of much needed income.
Not gg too happen.

I'd have to disagree that it would be the end of anything, since up until about 5 or 6 years ago there was no such thing as camping at the track.

OW
03-20-08, 11:04 PM
There's always "gramma's place" just to the north.....
A walk across the street

http://user.mc.net/~spina/images/Friends/bill_randyRA2004.jpg

Corner5
03-26-08, 11:48 AM
There's always "gramma's place" just to the north.....
A walk across the street

http://user.mc.net/~spina/images/Friends/bill_randyRA2004.jpg

Guess you haven't heard. "Grandma's" house burned down and she died in the fire. RIP.

RA bought the property, but to bring it to code for camping is expensive. "Grandma" got away with a lot while she was there, but no one else will.

aportinga
05-16-08, 02:31 PM

I'll be there - more less without the family (unfortunately)... But it does mean I'll be drinking and eating well....

Hope ur ready for garlic whiskey wings and **** beer. Shots of Akvavit & no sleep:thumbup:

aportinga
05-16-08, 02:33 PM

Got it - take the kids to Historics then I won't feel as though I am screwing them on racing this year :thumbup:

aportinga
05-16-08, 02:36 PM
Camping has become a pretty large source of income for the track.It must outweigh the problems.

Yeah - I spoke with a few board members and suggested they open all Spring/Summer for camping - whether there is a race or not.

Add in some Elec hook ups and you have a solid source of additional income. Hell when we go we spend $200 on a generator. I spoke with campers who said they would pay up to $400 for Thur-Sun for a hook up.

You cannot tell me that $200-$400 per camper on a limited basis would NOT pay itself off in a year.

Corner5
05-22-08, 11:26 AM
I'll be there - more less without the family (unfortunately)... But it does mean I'll be drinking and eating well....

Hope ur ready for garlic whiskey wings and **** beer. Shots of Akvavit & no sleep:thumbup:

Will try to stop by. :thumbup:

Corner5
05-22-08, 11:34 AM
Yeah - I spoke with a few board members and suggested they open all Spring/Summer for camping - whether there is a race or not.

Add in some Elec hook ups and you have a solid source of additional income. Hell when we go we spend $200 on a generator. I spoke with campers who said they would pay up to $400 for Thur-Sun for a hook up.

You cannot tell me that $200-$400 per camper on a limited basis would NOT pay itself off in a year.

The track is rented to club racing, heres the schedule-

http://www.roadamerica.com/competitors_track_rental.htm

These events are usually not open to the public and the clubs are responsible.

aportinga
06-10-08, 04:42 PM

With the family :thumbup:

We'll be booking in the next few months. Anyone have a clue how soon to book for a Golf Cart?

Tim
06-16-08, 09:19 PM
A girl I work with camped out for the bikes and she said it was the toughest security and rules she's seen yet. I hope you guys don't run into the same thing.

nissan gtp
06-17-08, 04:33 PM
A girl I work with camped out for the bikes and she said it was the toughest security and rules she's seen yet. I hope you guys don't run into the same thing.

apparently the bike fans tore the whole place up, and the rest of us law-abiding fans (at least by comparision) are getting thrown under the bus, er, camper.

annoying as heck, I want to camp in T2 again

rocket
06-17-08, 04:36 PM
This year I'm either...
A: skipping the weekend altogether.
B: Just driving up for Saturday and heading home after the race.
Still TBD.

aportinga
06-19-08, 08:56 AM
We have a 30ft rental... Staying at the SuperWalMart off 43 (East of the Track) with 2 other couples and kids Wednesday night (drunk). Rolling in Thursday morning and setting up a 5 space RV spot in the SnapOn area...

Thursday Night - Burgers, Dogs, Italian.
Friday Night - Garlic Whiskey Wings, fresh bread, Veggies & Salad with plenty of fried snigglets.
Saturday Night - BBQ Chicken & Steamed shrimp or crab.

Hmmmmmm

If you have kids we'll be there with a 2 & 9 year old along with a 3 & 5 year old... Inflatable pool and plenty of toys. If you're walking by look for the Frisian and Sicillian flag (along with the ChampCar flag) and swing in for a cold one or some grub.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ca/Frisian_flag.svg/300px-Frisian_flag.svg.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7a/Flag_of_Sicily.svg/450px-Flag_of_Sicily.svg.png

Anyone up for a camp crawl on Saturday night?

G.
06-22-08, 11:18 PM
This year I'm either...
A: skipping the weekend altogether.
B: Just driving up for Saturday and heading home after the race.
Still TBD.Won't be the same without ya!

Forget the politics BS, it's a weekend at the track. With some good series running.

All this crap that's happened has made me actually learn some more stuff about ALMS.

I think me and the "dude" will be there. Might even bring some younger ones.

rocket
06-23-08, 12:39 AM
Won't be the same without ya!

Forget the politics BS, it's a weekend at the track. With some good series running.

All this crap that's happened has made me actually learn some more stuff about ALMS.

I think me and the "dude" will be there. Might even bring some younger ones.

It's nothing to do with the racing politics G. I really just have other stuff going on, and for some reason I can't get into the racing thing this year.
Brit and myself did Spring Break down in Cabo San Lucas and that cost us a few pesos. Also Brit turns 15 in Sept. and we'll be signing her up fro private driving lessons, they don't allow freshmen to take drivers ed in this district. Plus it's 300 through the school, and 425 through the private place...
I'm also trying to pay some stuff off, because I want to try and get up to Alaska next year for a few weeks during the summer.

Of course I can't get into the bigtime racing, but we will be hitting Sycamore speedway a couple times this summer.

Corner5
06-23-08, 10:56 AM
Speaking of flags. We need someone to donate a Champ Car flag for the ceiling at Siebkins tavern. Players/Forsythe Champ Car flag is up already. Unfortunately I don't have one.

aportinga
06-23-08, 01:12 PM
Wow - that is a tall order because I only have one...

I just cannot part with it:irked:

Easy
06-23-08, 03:04 PM
Speaking of flags. We need someone to donate a Champ Car flag for the ceiling at Siebkins tavern. Players/Forsythe Champ Car flag is up already. Unfortunately I don't have one.

I think there is one there since last fall.

Methanolandbrats
06-23-08, 03:26 PM
SPEEDGEAR probably has several thousand of them, if you ask nicely they might donate one even though it's a valuale collectors item :gomer:

Corner5
06-23-08, 03:54 PM
I think there is one there since last fall.

If there was, its gone.

Corner5
06-23-08, 03:56 PM
SPEEDGEAR probably has several thousand of them, if you ask nicely they might donate one even though it's a valuale collectors item :gomer:

They don't have any.

If I had one, I'd donate it, I know its won't be easy to get someone to part with theirs.

Methanolandbrats
06-23-08, 04:08 PM
They don't have any.

If I had one, I'd donate it, I know its won't be easy to get someone to part with theirs.
I've got one hanging in my garage :p and I might have another one. I'll try to find my box of useless racing stuff and you can have it if there is one.

Corner5
06-23-08, 04:13 PM
I've got one hanging in my garage :p and I might have another one. I'll try to find my box of useless racing stuff and you can have it if there is one.

Really?

SWEET!

Methanolandbrats
06-23-08, 04:57 PM
Really?

SWEET!
Really, there might be, but I have to find the box. I did a garage reorg/new shelving thing this winter so I'd have the same amount of storage, but not be able to find anything :D

aportinga
06-24-08, 09:48 AM
I think we need to buy some beer for the donatee:thumbup:

G.
07-10-08, 11:47 AM
Don't know which RA gathering post to bump.

This one had more replies.

Who's going?

I've got to decide on family camping with the Cub Scouts, or RA with a kid or two (and booze).

I think I know my preferrence.

Methanolandbrats
07-10-08, 12:21 PM
I think we need to buy some beer for the donatee:thumbup:
There is no Donatee, I can't find it and I want to keep the one I have hanging in the garage. I will keep looking.

Gnam
07-11-08, 03:21 PM
Too big? 54" x 36" banner @ ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Champ-Car-racing-banner-Bridgestone-Ford_W0QQitemZ130236684689QQihZ003QQcategoryZ4846Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Also, hands off the Rocketsports team shirt. Limited edition! (http://cgi.ebay.com/Rocketsports-racing-Briggs-and-Stratton-pit-crew-shirt_W0QQitemZ130236684838QQihZ003QQcategoryZ5012 1QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) :gomer:

aportinga
07-15-08, 01:33 PM
I just took such a MASSIVE pay cut that I am looking for another job!

Our RV rental has been cancelled so this may be a one nighter for me only - plenty of drinking in that case!

RHR_Fan
07-15-08, 07:30 PM
I gave up on camping when none of my racing friends wanted to camp and I didn't want to camp alone. Maybe next year.

Methanolandbrats
07-15-08, 08:46 PM
I gave up on camping when none of my racing friends wanted to camp and I didn't want to camp alone. Maybe next year.
As soon as someone sells air conditioned tents, I will take up summer camping as a hobby. :)

G.
07-15-08, 08:58 PM
As soon as someone sells air conditioned tents, I will take up summer camping as a hobby. :)

OK.

tent AC unit (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0053085518260a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=air+conditioner&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=air+conditioner&noImage=0)

OW
07-15-08, 10:07 PM
I can't believe I left this at Indy HEADQUARTERS last May taped to a telephone pole. WE were packing in the rain.

Yeah,,,I know I deserve it.
http://user.mc.net/~spina/images/Racing_Fan/index.html

chop456
08-12-08, 08:51 AM
FYI - the adult camping area is a 2-acre field surrounded by a 6' barbed wire fence with one gate that gets locked at 9pm. There's a 24-hour guard at the gate, too.

Moo.

G.
08-12-08, 03:53 PM
FYI - the adult camping area is a 2-acre field surrounded by a 6' barbed wire fence with one gate that gets locked at 9pm. There's a 24-hour guard at the gate, too.

Moo.They stuck you over by the helicopters? Lame.

How was it? Any choice pics?

nissan gtp
08-12-08, 07:28 PM
uber-lame of RA

http://www.firesafetyusa.com/cart/images/bolt-cutter.gif