PDA

View Full Version : Actors

mello
05-17-03, 04:06 PM
I really liked Helio a few years back. All the things he said. All the promises about how he loved Cart and was not going to leave. MO.. 2001 I am sure there are quotes. But alot of you were there and heard it too. It is ok he left. But the bullcrap, fake, Mr. Personality crap really turns me off now. Somehow this Mr cute guy back then.. turned into a change the channel I can't stand it.

SteveH
05-17-03, 05:06 PM
the darling of the irl - those fans will buy anything

DaveL
05-17-03, 05:29 PM
Don't ever forget that it was drivers like Helio that were part of the problem that Tony had to fix, and were included when the Lemmings would say, "CART has nothing to offer" to the IRL.

The hypocricy is enough to piss off a saint.

cart7
05-17-03, 07:10 PM
For a guy who always says he needs a girlfriend, he's never going to find one up Rog and Tony's rearend. He's like an irl animitronic puppet.

fourrunner
05-17-03, 07:12 PM
What, You didn't enjoy Helio's "Witty" non stop banter during today's IPS Race?

The Doctor just said I'd recover from razor cut's in my wrist!
;)

Chief
05-17-03, 07:32 PM
I couldn't understand a thing he said.

racermike
05-17-03, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
Don't ever forget that it was drivers like Helio that were part of the problem that Tony had to fix, and were included when the Lemmings would say, "CART has nothing to offer" to the IRL.

The hypocricy is enough to piss off a saint.

and what pisses me off more than that Dave, is the fact they DENY ever saying anything like that.

Hink
05-17-03, 10:28 PM
How about all of the derrogatory nicknames the lemmings had for him? (Should I reel some off?) Now he's the darling according to a lot of those same exact people (who found their way to a different forum.)

DaveL
05-17-03, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by racermike
and what pisses me off more than that Dave, is the fact they DENY ever saying anything like that.

I agree 100% with that statement.

Railbird
05-17-03, 11:00 PM
Fidel?

Surely not, Leo Mehl told us so.

Cam
05-17-03, 11:54 PM
Whats a Helio????:saywhat:

Ziggy
05-18-03, 12:41 AM
The funny thing is this. In my home I have an artist proof that I bought out of the back of an artist's car at the Mile a few years ago. It is of Helio driving Hogan's car at St. Louis race and it was sponsored by the Rams football club. We went to the North side Chevy dealer in 2001 as HCN and Gil were to be there. We got to the dealership, and only Gil was left there. I had him sign an Autocourse, and my Texas tickets. I asked where Helio was, and they said he just left. No keep in mind, there was NO ONE there to get anything signed. The Penske PR guy called Helio on his cell phone. They told me Helio would be waiting for me at a determined place. I drove there, and there he was. He signed my print, while commenting that He had never seen this particular piece. We talked about the IRL car he was driving. He said, They are tail heavy, they don't accelerate and are very planted on the track. Called it momentum racing. Said it was not that much fun to drive, but would do it as Penske had determined that it would be good for Marlboro.

I guess winning once outright and once in the appeals process turns your head around........

Ziggy