PDA

View Full Version : Redneck fireman

RaceGrrl
03-11-08, 01:08 PM
Only in our hometown ...

http://cmsimg.chillicothegazette.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=B8&Date=20080311&Category=NEWS0101&ArtNo=803110303&Ref=V2&Profile=1048&MaxW=600&Q=80

Chillicothe, Ohio. Yeeee hawwww!

Sean Malone
03-11-08, 01:22 PM
That's hilarious. :D

Elmo T
03-11-08, 01:23 PM
I'd like to tell you that I am surprised, but I am not. :(

There are so many things wrong with that photo - I don't know where to start. :shakehead

Sean O'Gorman
03-11-08, 02:17 PM
"Mr. Bobby, there's no smoking in here!"

"Its ok, I'm a volunteer firefighter."

dando
03-11-08, 02:18 PM
I'd like to tell you that I am surprised, but I am not. :(

There are so many things wrong with that photo - I don't know where to start. :shakehead

Coat open, no helmet or mask, sucking on a fag. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
03-11-08, 02:22 PM
I want to buy that man a beer. :thumbup:

Joelski
03-11-08, 03:18 PM

-Kevin

That's old school overhaul, although most don't light them. Tell me why you would need a mask when you aren't directly exposed to heat and byproducts of combustion? Try wearing 60 lbs. of wet turnout gear for two bottles and see if you don't open the coat.

Sean O'Gorman
03-11-08, 03:19 PM

-Kevin

Since when was that word allowed on this forum?

Wheel-Nut
03-11-08, 04:47 PM
Jan 2003 ^^^

dando
03-11-08, 04:57 PM
Since when was that word allowed on this forum?

In this context it's slang for a cigarette. Hell if I know when it was allowed. First time typed it here.

-Kevin

dando
03-11-08, 05:21 PM
That's old school overhaul, although most don't light them. Tell me why you would need a mask when you aren't directly exposed to heat and byproducts of combustion? Try wearing 60 lbs. of wet turnout gear for two bottles and see if you don't open the coat.

Sorry, no intent to offend, mang. Just following up on Elmo's post since he's the known fire pro around here. All the respect in the world for what the fire peeps do. :thumbup:

http://hackedgadgets.com/wp-content/_elmo_fire_safety.JPG

:)

-Kevin

Joelski
03-11-08, 08:54 PM
Sorry, no intent to offend, mang. Just following up on Elmo's post since he's the known fire pro around here. All the respect in the world for what the fire peeps do. :thumbup:

http://hackedgadgets.com/wp-content/_elmo_fire_safety.JPG

:)

-Kevin

Not offended at all Kevin, just helping the mis-informed. The only really bad thing I see in that photo is the firefighter should retire before he has his fireground heart attack and bumps the statistics even more.

RaceGrrl
03-12-08, 12:23 AM
The fire was in a rural area of Ross County, so I expect he was a volunteer fireman. It was just funny to see him with a cig in his mouth while he fights the fire. No offense intended... just poking fun at the hillbillies in our hometown. :)

TravelGal
03-12-08, 01:03 AM
I want to buy that man a beer. :thumbup:

I know. I thought the same thing. Must be that o-HI-ah heritage of mine. :D

Elmo T
03-12-08, 07:52 AM
Try wearing 60 lbs. of wet turnout gear for two bottles and see if you don't open the coat.

We will bore the masses with all our "fire talk". ;)

What about the beard? That would be a problem in these parts.

Ed_Severson
03-12-08, 08:06 AM

Used to work with an operator in a petroleum refinery who had medical clearance to keep his beard despite the company's clean-shaven policy for anyone who worked in the plant. Had some sort of skin condition that caused him to break out in a rash whenever he shaved, or so the story went ... we all thought he was just too ugly to shave and the doctor agreed. :D

devilmaster
03-12-08, 08:20 AM
can I join in with chemox and b gear? :gomer: ;)

Elmo T
03-12-08, 08:41 AM
can I join in with chemox and b gear? :gomer: ;)

Everytime I hear from a citizen that they too have were trained in firefighting, my first response is "Let me guess, you were in the Navy..." :laugh: :thumbup:

Joelski
03-13-08, 05:19 AM
We will bore the masses with all our "fire talk". ;)

I know what you're saying. There's actually a volley Dept in our area that lets guys have closely trimmed beards but if they pack up, they gotta slather KY on it. From the looks of Jim-Bob's physique, I'd think it's been many years since he last did an interior attack. :rofl:

Elmo T
03-13-08, 08:02 AM
There's actually a volley Dept in our area that lets guys have closely trimmed beards but if they pack up, they gotta slather KY on it.

I spent the last 6 years as Chief of our County's Hazmat Team (paid per call). I had several members with facial hair of some sort. They had to shave for their annual fit testing and they carried razors in their gear bags. More than once, I saw them shaving dry as we were setting up for an entry. :rolleyes: