03-09-08, 08:06 PM
So was it the yen or the ankle biting Chihuahua?.....:laugh:

trish
03-09-08, 08:07 PM
Please translate.

Wally
03-09-08, 08:10 PM
Please translate.

See Jack Roush and Lee White Christmas card list....;)

dando
03-09-08, 08:11 PM
Boogery, boogery, boogery! :gomer:

-Kevin

trish
03-09-08, 08:12 PM
Roush is a Ford guy so he can't be the yen whore. I think he called Toyota ankle biters. But it was Kyle Busch and Joe Gibbs Racing that gave Toyota their first win.

I guess I still don't get it. lol

extramundane
03-09-08, 08:22 PM
See this article (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/columns/story?seriesId=2&columnist=newton_david&id=3282306) for details of the Roush-Toyota pissing match.

Oh, and the world might not have ended yet, but I can assure you there are a large number of pissed-off 'necks right about now.

pchall
03-09-08, 09:29 PM
Oh, and the world might not have ended yet, but I can assure you there are a large number of pissed-off 'necks right about now.

Well, I know a place on the innerweb that will be fun to lurk at tonight...

Cam
03-10-08, 08:34 AM
Do share? :gomer:

TKGAngel
03-10-08, 09:06 AM
Did anyone else catch Smoke's rant against Goodyear? He said that they should be ashamed of the tires they brought to Atlanta this weekend, and that if Goodyear can't provide a quality tire, Firestone, Hoosier or someone else would be more than happy to step up.

Methinks he's off Goodyear's Christmas card list.

Sean O'Gorman
03-10-08, 09:15 AM
He also said on the radio that when he gets home, he is having all the Goodyears dismounted from his road cars, and replaced with Uniroyals. :rofl:

Andrew Longman
03-10-08, 09:51 AM
Smoke is just letting more of his personality show. :D

So where is this oil tank cover and how did it fall off/ The article said it is in the window and has ai?craft cam fasteners holding it.

Accipiter
03-10-08, 09:57 AM
This may be the first time I've completely agreed with a Tony Stewart rant. I don''t know way Goodyear thinks it's good publicity to provide crap tires that blow up every week, and require "competition yellows" to make sure they are safe. But as long as their check clears, NASCAR wont do anything about it.

Wheel-Nut
03-10-08, 10:07 AM
I'm not a big Tony Stewart fan but it's refreshing to see a NASCAR driver have the testes to speak out and not worry of the consequences.

SteveH
03-10-08, 10:51 AM
Isn't this more of a set-up issue? Some teams set up their car with more bite on the front right than others. Otherwise wouldn't all the cars have the same issue? Or is Goodyear's quality so poor that they turn our X% bad tires? I kind of doubt the latter.

Andrew Longman
03-10-08, 11:06 AM
My understanding is the compound was hard so the cars understeered. Lap speeds were 3mph off last year. CoT has understeer issues as it is.

But of course if they go too soft the tire wears too fast and blows.

Mostly this is Tony looking to reinforce his image.

The situation is the same for every driver/team. Shut up and drive.

The real issue is Goodyear has a monumental task to supply the amount of tires they do to three series 30-something weekends a year. They make little if any money on it and if they screw the tire up they get little for their "marketing" expense.

To control costs they stopped supplying teams with tires for testing in 05 and I don't think they started it back up so both Goodyear and the teams lack data on the tire that would help them.

Insomniac
03-10-08, 12:11 PM
I suppose this is exactly why Bridgestone couldn't make more Denver red tires for CC races.

Brickman
03-10-08, 12:55 PM
I'm not a big Tony Stewart fan but it's refreshing to see a NASCAR driver have the testes to speak out and not worry of the consequences.

Well... when Tony complained last year about the bogus cautions he sounded the same, after he came out of the hauler after NASCAR explained things to him he was humble and sheepish. They have the ability to shrink them in size.

G.
03-10-08, 02:27 PM
I caught a bit of the race and what I noticed was they were using that big pedal on the right - the go pedal. They had to slow down into the corner. Cool.

Don't know if it was the tires or the car of today, but it almost seemed like racing.

The announcer guy said that it saved fuel too.

TRDfan
03-10-08, 10:35 PM
:):):)

Doesn't compare to JPM winning at the Mile on a Monday.

(Toyota first CART win)

I still don't like Kyle Busch - but the kid is on fire.

eiregosod
03-10-08, 10:50 PM
:):):)

Doesn't compare to JPM winning at the Mile on a Monday.

(Toyota first CART win)

I still don't like Kyle Busch - but the kid is on fire.

I think Hendrick will rue replacing him with Jr.

oddlycalm
03-10-08, 11:43 PM
They have the ability to shrink them in size. Absolutely, wouldn't want anybody to actually speak the truth out loud. It's the company store on a grand scale.

oc

Accipiter
03-10-08, 11:52 PM
I think Hendrick will rue replacing him with Jr.

Maybe so, but not while he's counting his cut of the merchandising.

pchall
03-10-08, 11:52 PM
The announcer guy said that it saved fuel too.

How long until the 'necks start complaining about fuel mileage races?

Wheel-Nut
03-11-08, 09:44 AM
Well... when Tony complained last year about the bogus cautions he sounded the same, after he came out of the hauler after NASCAR explained things to him he was humble and sheepish. They have the ability to shrink them in size.

He must have a short memory.