PDA

View Full Version : Tom Carnegie: "AJ4th IN THE WALL, AGAIN"

Chief
05-16-03, 04:49 PM
That was the cry heard over the loudspeakers today. AJ4 was cleared to drive after plowing his primary car into the turn 1 wall...again.

JLMannin
05-16-03, 05:02 PM
Is that the car he qualified in? If so, how's the tub? How many more tubs does he have to write off before he can't race?

Hink
05-16-03, 05:21 PM
Tubs? Well there's always Grandpa.

How's the engine? Hopefully one more Japanese engine taken out.

Ziggy
05-16-03, 05:46 PM
How deep are the KookieShiggymeister's pockets?

Ziggy

pchall
05-16-03, 07:22 PM
It will be really interesting to see what happens when a wanker really destroys a tub on Sunday or Carb Day.

cart7
05-16-03, 08:56 PM
Somebody needs to have a sit down with Gramps and tell him to get the kid out of the car. I haven't seen anyone this far over his head since, well, Shiggy. Oh, and Bedard, oh, and I forgot Vitolo, oops, don't wanna leave out Phillipe Gache, uhh, and who could forget Randy lewis, hmm... Hiro....the dentist guy...can't forget Herb...ohh, of course,Debris... etc..etc...

Railbird
05-16-03, 09:57 PM
Fat boy is ruining whatever chance this kid had at becoming a racer.

On the tub issue

They've got tubs out the wazoo, and just enough engine deals, it's the money to put them on the track that was running short until TG took his stroll through Gasoline Alley the other day.

Looking for another Howdy Wilcox/Peugot combination?

Racewriter
05-16-03, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
Fat boy is ruining whatever chance this kid had at becoming a racer.

On the tub issue

They've got tubs out the wazoo, and just enough engine deals, it's the money to put them on the track that was running short until TG took his stroll through Gasoline Alley the other day.

Looking for another Howdy Wilcox/Peugot combination?

I kinda figured that TonyBucks were behind a few of these new deals. Of course, you'll never convince the Hulmanites of that.

DaveL
05-16-03, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Racewriter
I kinda figured that TonyBucks were behind a few of these new deals. Of course, you'll never convince the Hulmanites of that.

Ahem. The correct term is "Hulmanista". I'll let it go this time only because you're new at this ;)

Regarding IV, before Idiotgrandson fixed everything at Indy, the only time IV would have got on the track would have been on the tour bus because there'd have been no way hell he would have been deemed experienced enough.

Sebastian Bourdais could literally hop into a Toyota powered IRL sled tomorrow and start ripping off 229s and not wreck. But then again, Bourdais has actual experience against professional experience and any pedigreed road racer with hardly any oval experience can run Indy without any trouble. See Wheldon, Dan.

Railbird
05-16-03, 10:28 PM
I've been wondering what Harlen Fengler would have thought about Quatro.

More than a few future Indy heroes got the bum's rush when they turned up with too little experience.

No more

Walter Zoomie
05-16-03, 10:53 PM
I was sitting behind Vasser's pit when AJ4 walled it today. Vasser was on the track at the time, and his crew was highly amused at AJ's misfortune. The tall, grey-haired, crew-cut, goonie looking dude on Vasser's crew was all grins and said something like, "Damn, AJ's spending lots of cash!"

I kind of thought it was classless for the Vasser crew to be getting so much enjoyment out of another's setbacks. It very easily could be Jimmy sailing into the wall at any time. The racing gods will get them, and to help things along, a little later I dropped a peanut shell in front of the Rahal/Letterman garages. I don't know how many times those jokers stepped on it, ran over it, etc. :eek: So, on race day, when somebody forgets to remove the radiator intake covers, and Jimmy's engine overheats and seizes on the parade lap, you can blame me and the racin' gods. ;):laugh:

Railbird
05-16-03, 11:04 PM
Ya think ol'Tex will neglect to roll out Quatro's fuel rig just for old time's sake Walter?

Walter Zoomie
05-16-03, 11:21 PM
What Tex better do is put 4 in one of those EmFemity Lites cars where he belongs.

Chief
05-17-03, 12:23 AM
I got money says Eddie Carpenter WINS the inaugral ......what ever that deal is....

Ziggy
05-17-03, 12:28 AM
Im wondering is he going to TerreHaute afterwards?

THAT had some great races last year. I would like to go, Bird??? it's a Saturday Night race, so you wont have to get up too early?

Ziggy

DaveL
05-17-03, 09:38 AM
I see AJ is trying his best to claim that the wreck wasn't IV's fault because of the setup that was on the car and enough Lemmings are buying it.

The driver is the one with the steering wheel in his hands and foot on the throttle and is ultimately responsible for what happens to the car on the track.

Nice try, AJ.

Ziggy
05-17-03, 10:36 AM
DaveL writes

"The driver is the one with the steering wheel in his hands and foot on the throttle and is ultimately responsible for what happens to the car on the track."

Aw come on DaveL, did you cut and paste this quote from an archive after the Texas race?

Ziggy

Chief
05-17-03, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by cart7
I haven't seen anyone this far over his head since, well, Shiggy..the dentist guy...can't forget Herb...ohh, of course,Debris... etc..etc...

I'm only writing this because I don't want Ricky Treadway's IRL contributions to be forgotten. :p