PDA

View Full Version : Fall on sword time for Wada san

oddlycalm
03-06-08, 06:34 PM
Wada san gets a transfer to PR director. I guess there were no openings at the snow blower testing facility on Hokkaido...
Honda replaces F1 manager (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65501)

Keita Muramatsu will now move to the position of General Manager, Motor Sports Division."

Further changes are to be made to the motorsport structure at Honda in Japan, with the company's operating officer Hiroshi Oshima taking on an extra role as Managing Officer with responsibility for Motor Sports and Circuit Business. Brawn and Fry both report to Oshima. OK, so Brawn and Fry no longer report to the manager of the motorsport division and instead report directly to the COO? That's probably a good thing for the F1 team and I assume it may have been one of Brawn's conditions before he agreed to the job. Honda may finally be tired of embarrassing itself. Nobody seems to have great expectations for the RA108, but maybe something good sometime before Button retires...?

oc

cameraman
03-06-08, 06:48 PM
Seems they got rid of chief designer, Kevin Taylor too.

STD
03-06-08, 08:03 PM
Way more house cleaning still needed.
Need to all the barf out.

oddlycalm
03-06-08, 09:37 PM
Seems they got rid of chief designer, Kevin Taylor too. Not surprising at all. Someday I'd love to hear the whole story about the wind tunnel cockup and who was responsible for that bit of genius. £30m for a full scale tunnel and they don't calibrate it correctly...:shakehead :gomer: That's epic, real Hubble mirror class stuff.

oc

eiregosod
03-06-08, 10:28 PM
Not surprising at all. Someday I'd love to hear the whole story about the wind tunnel cockup and who was responsible for that bit of genius. £30m for a full scale tunnel and they don't calibrate it correctly...:shakehead :gomer: That's epic, real Hubble mirror class stuff.

oc

[forum punditry]Fryed allocated the calibration funds for something else.[/punditry]

I get the impression that Wada san was a guy doing many jobs within Honda but not doing any of those jobs. maybe Brawn wanted a fulltime Honda director for the f1 outfit

Andrew Longman
03-06-08, 10:33 PM
Read an interview with Braun that suggested they are looking for improvements this year, just not huge ones.

Cleaning house, reducing staff, more clearly assigning roles and responsibilities around a rational and coordinated development plan and stepping back to some more proven and accepted aero designs.

Sounds as if this is a triage year to stablize the patient and start a road to recovery. Next year should be far better... Braun thinks. ;)

Sean Malone
03-07-08, 11:29 AM
... Honda may finally be tired of embarrassing itself....

oc

Well, if they aren't embarrassed by the IRL...

;)

oddlycalm
03-07-08, 03:59 PM
Well, if they aren't embarrassed by the IRL...

;) Wada was in change of that as well. It'll be interesting to see what his successor does.

oc