PDA

View Full Version : The Clash Live: Rock Revolution

SurfaceUnits
03-04-08, 10:24 PM
Showing on a PBS station near you - YMMV
A concert documentary about one of the most influential punks bands to emerge from the 70's. Performance footage from the mid-70s to the early '80's

WFYI 3 Tue, Mar 4
9:30 PM The Clash Live: Revolution Rock Record with TiVo
WFYI 3 Wed, Mar 5
2:30 AM The Clash Live: Revolution Rock Record with TiVo
WFYI 3 Thu, Mar 6
4:00 AM The Clash Live: Revolution Rock Record with TiVo
WFYI 3 Thu, Mar 13
11:00 PM The Clash Live: Revolution Rock Record with TiVo
WFYI 3 Fri, Mar 14
4:00 AM The Clash Live: Revolution Rock Record with TiVo

New 60-Minute Documentary Chronicles Live Performances From the Iconic Punk Pioneers at the Peak of Their Popularity -

THE CLASH LIVE: REVOLUTION ROCK is an electrifying new performance documentary film, compiling an extraordinary range of peak live concert and live studio performances and more from the Clash, the groundbreaking British band that defined and expanded the power of punk rock in the 1970s, 1980s and beyond. The program airs as part of the March 2008 pledge drive (check local listings) on PBS.

THE CLASH LIVE: REVOLUTION ROCK follows the transformation of the band, incorporating footage from all phases of the Clash's meteoric career, beginning with live-in-the-studio clips from 1979, crescendoing with triumphant concerts from clubland (London's The Music Machine, 1978) and theatres (the Lyceum, 1978, 1980) and climaxing with a transcendent blow-out performance at New York's Shea Stadium in 1982.

Formed in London during the first wave of punk-rock in 1976, the Clash, known by fans at the time as "The Only Band That Matters," became the most progressive and visionary rock band of its era, releasing five albums in six years, each a brave step into uncharted territory. Joe Strummer (guitar, vocals), Mick Jones (guitar, vocals), Paul Simonon (bass) and Topper Headon (drums) embraced the energy and confrontational attitude of punk. Refusing the limitations of any musical genre, the Clash incorporated elements of reggae, funk, dub, rap, hard rock and roots rockabilly into a continually evolving and challenging sound. Taking its name from the headlines of the day, the Clash wrote songs addressing the issues of class and race confronting the UK in the 1970s.

The Clash was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in January 2003, a month after the untimely passing of Joe Strummer, age 50, in December 2002.

Legacy Recordings will release a deluxe DVD edition of THE CLASH LIVE: REVOLUTION ROCK in March 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1CwDATKs5c

Indy
03-04-08, 10:49 PM
Watching. Thanks! :thumbup:

Cam
03-05-08, 07:36 AM
AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

emjaya
03-05-08, 09:43 AM
AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Buck up, little fella. The Jam are finally touring, sort of. Get all your mod gear out of mothballs and go and see them. ;)

extramundane
03-05-08, 11:11 AM
Buck up, little fella. The Jam are finally touring, sort of.

You mean the one with everyone except Paul Weller? That's not even a "sort of" Jam tour. It's pointless, kinda like that Fogerty-less Creedence Clearwater Revisited crap or The New Cars. :irked: :thumdown:

JLMannin
03-05-08, 12:41 PM
>. . . . . crescendoing . . . . . . .

Nothing is more annoying to me than taking a noun, tacking on -ing, and viola, you have a verb.

SurfaceUnits, I realize this was not your doing, you were just copying/pasting.

G.
03-05-08, 02:36 PM
Nothing is more annoying to me than taking a noun, tacking on -ing, and viola, you have a verb.

crescendoing with triumphant concerts from clubland (London's The Music Machine, 1978) and theatres (the Lyceum, 1978, 1980) and climaxing with a transcendent blow-out performance

Well, what do YOU call what happens right before climaxing?

I myself think that crescendoing works just fine, when all is said and done.

Ankf00
03-05-08, 03:11 PM

welcome to the internets.

http://www.harryblotter.com/images/giant_douche.jpg

emjaya
03-05-08, 04:54 PM
You mean the one with everyone except Paul Weller? That's not even a "sort of" Jam tour. It's pointless, kinda like that Fogerty-less Creedence Clearwater Revisited crap or The New Cars. :irked: :thumdown:

Well, I did say "sort of". :gomer:

The Clash was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in January 2003, a month after the untimely passing of Joe Strummer, age 50, in December 2002.

Didn't the lead singer of the Dave Clark Five die recently, just before the band was about to be inducted into the Hall of Fame? :saywhat:

Edit: Yes, he did! Mike Smith. Link (http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5iZknsIwTKu37gf3SZ10V6CjsPn3Q)

He had been preparing to travel to New York to be inducted into the American Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame with his band mates on March 10.

Michaelhatesfans
03-05-08, 05:53 PM
Well, what do YOU call what happens right before climaxing?

(beavis and butthead laugh)

nissan gtp
03-05-08, 06:08 PM
Tivo set :thumbup:

on topic, got tickets for upcoming Carbon/Silicon show (http://www.carbonsiliconinc.com/gigs.aspx) -- Mick Jones and former Generation X member Tony James :cool:

Ankf00
03-05-08, 06:27 PM
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s304/racornelius/159.jpg

KaBoom21
03-05-08, 06:59 PM
Adrian Belew tonight. Gutter Twins (Dulli/Lanegan), British Sea Power and Stephen Malkmus later this month.

The Jam sans Weller = :rofl:

SurfaceUnits
03-06-08, 04:19 PM

Googling - Googled- you Google dude