PDA

View Full Version : Rut-Ro A.J.A in trouble

trish
03-03-08, 12:15 AM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-lasvegasnotebook&prov=ap&type=lgns)

What I don't get is why they are just looking into getting him seat time in Nationwide and Trucks. He's been struggling from the beginning. They should have already had him in those programs.

dando
03-03-08, 12:34 AM
Allmendinger is in just his second season of NASCAR after a successful open-wheel career. The 25-year-old left the Champ Car Series to drive for Red Bull, and the team gave him a Sprint Cup ride he perhaps wasn’t prepared for.

NSS. :shakehead More surprising (or not) is that she was better in the Crap of Today car last season. This season, not so much. Go figger. Dickhead. :gomer:

-Kevin

Sean Malone
03-03-08, 10:16 AM
NASCAR Cup cars are the most difficult to drive of all racing machines on the planet. It takes a driver with the meddle of Petty and Pearson and Earnhardt to handle one of these machines.

Some hick named Biffle and another hick named Spencer said so while I was waiting to see PT on WindTunnel.

Must be true.

Chief
03-03-08, 10:22 AM
One can only hope he bought the bigger plane.

extramundane
03-03-08, 10:37 AM
NASCAR Cup cars are the most difficult to watch of all racing machines on the planet.

Fixered.

Accipiter
03-03-08, 10:56 AM
He's as much a victim of the NASCAR qualifying rules as he is of inexperience.

oddlycalm
03-03-08, 04:40 PM
One can only hope he bought the bigger plane. Right, he was picking out paint schemes for his plane. :D PT saw this one coming a long way off, as did many here.

oc

grungex
03-03-08, 04:54 PM
On the morning before qualifying, I got a smartass text message from him saying, "Hey PT, what kind of plane should I buy?" So I was sitting watching qualifying and he didn't make the cut, so I sent him back a message, "Forget planes, I'd start worrying about how to f**king qualify. Bill Elliott outqualified you, and you told me he sucks." Strangely enough, I never heard anything back from him.

Don Quixote
03-03-08, 05:02 PM
:laugh:

Wally
03-03-08, 07:49 PM
Guess I'm a hater....:D

Indy
03-03-08, 09:21 PM
One can only hope he bought the bigger plane.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fio1
03-04-08, 07:34 AM
Well, well, well. To be honest I didn't think he'd last this long. I'm sure Gerry Forsythe cracked a small smile when he read the news. :rofl: :p

What worse, having no talent, or having talent and wasting it? :saywhat: :rolleyes:

TKGAngel
03-04-08, 09:51 AM
AJ's officially out this weekend, replaced by Mike Skinner per ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=3275495).

AJA sez: "Let's not kid ourselves. I'm a racer and I want to be racing, but I get the big picture here and obviously we need to improve our program," he said. "Do I want to be out of the car? No. But, I know Skinner can help both me and my team.

"All I can say is he better be prepared for me to eat, drink, and sleep with him. OK, well maybe not the sleeping part, but I'm ready to attach myself to him and learn everything I can."

stroker
03-04-08, 10:28 AM
and I'm sure AJ's wife is the most understanding soul, as well. She won't mind that "temporary" salary cut, no doubt.

Don Quixote
03-04-08, 10:41 AM
Notice how he used the royal "we" in those quotes? We need to fix our program. :rofl:

JohnHKart
03-04-08, 03:56 PM
Notice how he used the royal "we" in those quotes? We need to fix our program. :rofl:

I hear that used so much, that now I find myself saying that at work...It's such as stupid use of the english language. Must...Stop....saying we for I.. Now.

John

Insomniac
03-04-08, 04:20 PM
I hear that used so much, that now I find myself saying that at work...It's such as stupid use of the english language. Must...Stop....saying we for I.. Now.

John

I don't see any problem with that unless it's a selective use of we and I. If you're going to use we to pass around the blame, you better use we to share the credit.

Gnam
03-04-08, 04:29 PM
We ourselves are not pleased. :p

Chiphead_Dave
03-04-08, 07:17 PM
AJ's officially out this weekend, replaced by Mike Skinner per ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=3275495).

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.:rofl:

grungex
03-04-08, 09:32 PM

That's not the royal "we", it's the NASCAR "we". I think it's the first thing they teach 'em... ;)

Accipiter
03-05-08, 11:41 AM
The "goober we." "We" in the place of "I."

Indy
03-05-08, 11:51 AM
It was the Al Jr./Penske "we."

That always irritated me.

JohnHKart
03-05-08, 03:53 PM
I love it when people like Skinner (and I've heard him say stuff like this) "we feel great and healed up after we broke our leg." :shakehead

JH

Munk
03-05-08, 05:25 PM
He's as much a victim of the NASCAR qualifying rules as he is of inexperience.Yeah that and he has been with suck ass teams.

That's not the royal "we", it's the NASCAR "we". I think it's the first thing they teach 'em... ;)

LOL well to be honest that's not just Nascar I've heard all racers talk like that. ;)

trish
03-07-08, 09:35 PM
Everyone's making a big point of mentiong that A.J.'s name is still on the car Mike Skinner is qualifying. As I type this, Mike Skinner has put the 84 Red Bull team in the race.

I like this knock-out qualifying format NASCAR came up with for the go or go-homers. ;)

Sean Malone
03-07-08, 09:58 PM
Everyone's making a big point of mentiong that A.J.'s name is still on the car Mike Skinner is qualifying. As I type this, Mike Skinner has put the 84 Red Bull team in the race.

I like this knock-out qualifying format NASCAR came up with for the go or go-homers. ;)

Let me get this straight cuz NASCAR can get confusin'; Mike Skinner put AJ's car in the show. Does AJ get to drive it in the race or has Skinner replaced AJ? Seems the kid is going backward. Oh well, I'm sure his wife has made life long friends in the garage area. Counts for sumptin.:thumbup:

trish
03-07-08, 10:12 PM
Skinner will drive the car. Hopefully for A.J. he won't do it to well.

JohnHKart
03-08-08, 06:59 AM
ha ha. That might happen. I don't know what happened to Skinner in Vegas. He started in the top ten and just proceeded a long slide down to 31st at the end.

John