PDA

View Full Version : Another crazy idea

DjDrOmusic
05-16-03, 04:55 AM
OK, so I'm full of goofy ideas this week, but stay with me on this for a minute. I heard some of the NASCAR faithful tonight at Woo Doggies, discussing what they thought was going to happen to "The Winston", to a person(all 3 of them)felt that NASCAR would move it, two of them saying it would rotate between tracks, while the one woman said she had an uneasy feeling that the race would go to a different track for good. I started thinking about where and that's when the insanity of it all started to make sense. NASCAR has proven that they are about tradition only as far as the dollars will carry it. They could give the NASCAR All Star race to TG to run after the 497.5. Before you start yelling that the Coca Cola 600 runs that night, I could see the France Family moving that race to the weekend before, then giving TG the All Star Race to help prop up their business partner. The price for TG I'm sure would be a stake in IMS plus making the Brickyard a full 500. It would also serve to make sure that their drivers are not trying to run the 1100. Yes I do think that NASCAR wants the IRL to prosper, afterall they are running on their tracks. OK blast away I'm ready for the flames, and oh yes FTG!!:saywhat: