PDA

View Full Version : Has any CC teams gotten cars yet?

robot9000
02-29-08, 02:38 PM
Any word on CC teams getting their alloted Crapwagons?

And when they do, what is their vintage ? I wonder how many will be 'New' and how many will be "New to You"?

High Sided
02-29-08, 04:36 PM
nhl has submitted everything to get their cars so they'll get em 1st, read that a few days ago but can't find link

dando
02-29-08, 05:19 PM
In one of the pieces linked to in the various threads, I read that next week would be delivery of the first cars. According to the presser, one new and one used while supplies lasted.

-Kevin

grungex
02-29-08, 06:49 PM
Conquest received an absolute piece of shite ex-Vision crashwagon this week, if it's any example of what's to come they're all screwed...

Don Quixote
02-29-08, 06:53 PM
If only carbon fiber could talk.

Gnam
02-29-08, 07:24 PM
Conquest received an absolute piece of shite ex-Vision crashwagon this week, if it's any example of what's to come they're all screwed...
Can they give the cars and the $1.2 mil back without penalty?

Will Forsythe offer grants to former Champ Car teams to explore other varieties of racing? ;)

Racing Truth
02-29-08, 08:15 PM

1. Not doubting you grungex (you've had good info in the past), but where does this info come from?

2. Crash damage, in ill-repair?

Ziggy
02-29-08, 10:03 PM
It is quite alarming that the Indy press has not seen fit (or any of the regular sources for that matter) that these teams are not getting new cars straight off the bat :tony:

I know the car Walker got was the ex "whoosh" effort (sic) of PJ Jones, who parked it when he figured out the doofus crew could not read a set of wheel scales properly.

grungex
02-29-08, 11:22 PM
1. Not doubting you grungex (you've had good info in the past), but where does this info come from?

2. Crash damage, in ill-repair?

I'd tell you, but then I'd hafta... :p

Crashed, repaired, perhaps not so well. Bellhousing has broken suspension pickup points -- no worries, Tony bought the CC medical trailer, right?

pchall
02-29-08, 11:26 PM
So Haas didn't keep the crapwagons he had for Seabass and Junkie a few seasons ago? The gomers have insisted that those cars were ready for his defection to the IRL at any moment. Or is Carl just making an early move to corner the market for used Dallara parts?

nhl has submitted everything to get their cars so they'll get em 1st, read that a few days ago but can't find link

grungex
02-29-08, 11:27 PM
Weren't those Panoz crapwagons?

cameraman
03-01-08, 12:14 AM
Yes, they were Panoz.

Easy
03-01-08, 12:30 AM
And they belonged to Honda.

pchall
03-01-08, 12:37 AM
Yes, they were Panoz.

Whoops. My bad. I guess I really should pay more attention to the IRL. :p

Sean O'Gorman
03-01-08, 02:04 AM
Whoops. My bad. I guess I really should pay more attention to the IRL. :p

Well, you do provide us updates on every practice, qualifying, and race session... :p

Ziggy
03-01-08, 02:33 AM
Those cars that Haas had are the Playa Del Tony racing team. Of course, the one Bruno was driving has alot of black magic and chicken wire.........

robot9000
03-01-08, 12:02 PM
I take it there would be nothing that precludes a mo better funded CC team (read: NHL or KV) from buying some a/some new chassis?

After they get their allotment, of course :p

And sightly related. So I'm Team 'Indy Only Aborted Effort #27' and I have a newish chassis sitting in my 'garage'. BB or one of his minions gives me a call about buying that, cause he knows I'm currently dead in the water.

What is to stop me from suddenly deciding that is a $650,000 roller ? Or a Million? How much is a new one? Whats the build time on a new chassis? So I'm ..... $25K less than a new Dallara maybe ?....and you can send the transporter over anytime :wink:

I think TOny is gonna be writing some pretty big checks. Well, more big checks, lol.

robot9000
03-04-08, 02:17 PM
So, anything? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?