PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts on Homestead Day 2

Anthonyvop
02-29-08, 01:16 PM
Random Thoughts on Homestead Day 2

The Paddock was a bit more subdued on day 2 compared to the feelings yesterday that bordered on orgasmic. Mainly due to the Forsthye announcement.

2 other Champ Car teams are also rumored to be blowing off the IRL.

Not as cold as it was last night but still chilly. Most drivers admit that it has hurt their ability to compile data for next month’s race as Track conditions are sure to be different. The Champ Car teams making the switch will have their own test the week before the Homestead race so that might help them with a baseline setup.

No Champ Car drive I talked to has a clue about if they are driving at Long Beach.

Talked with Bruno again and he said that they are expecting delivery of their cars next week. He was very pessimistic on their competitiveness out of the box and expects it will take a long time to catch up. Then again Bruno always downplays things like that.

The Homestead-Miami Speedway is building a new infield Media Center, 2 stories and will be an improvement over the cramped one they have now. And definitely better than the overflow media tent.

Watched with interest the Gannassi cars during the testing. They ran about 20 laps nose to tail and side by side. Helio, Briscoe and Kannan would also join them. When they came close to some other cars, like a Vision or Roth car, they spread out WIDE!

Talked to Milka Duno. BOOBIES! She is a sweet lady. BOOBIES! She has improved a bit but still has a long way to go. BOOBIES! She admitted that her Citgo Sponsorship is not for the full year and she needs to find more funding for the last 5 races. BOOBIES!

The food again was excellent. Penne Pasta was al-dente. Surprisingly good Lasagna. Dessert was a funky strawberry cake though.

Tony Kannan has become the hardest interview to get. Why? I have no clue. I mean, come on. Helio is accessible; Weldon is a piece of cake. Even Danica isn’t that hard to get.

Roberto Moreno is looking for a ride…anywhere.

Ryan Hunter-Reay seemed relieved that all the drama with the series and his future was over.

I have to admit that I like the Ethanol car’s Paint scheme. Looked nice under the lights.

Racing Truth
02-29-08, 03:34 PM
Question for anyone: How old is Pupo again? How long has he been doing this?

cameraman
02-29-08, 03:38 PM
Roberto Moreno is looking for a ride…anywhere.

I take it he got some really bad investment advice.

Racing Truth
02-29-08, 03:41 PM
I take it he got some really bad investment advice.

:rofl: :rofl:

extramundane
02-29-08, 03:43 PM
I just wanted to be a part of this very important thread.

cameraman
02-29-08, 03:49 PM
Meh so I'm conflicted. I want to know what is happening with the people in the new IRL this year, just don't make me watch the races.

Sean O'Gorman
02-29-08, 04:09 PM

HI

pchall
02-29-08, 11:21 PM

I was questing after Foyt Futility news.

And let's here it for the two more Champ Car teams that might be blowing off the Vision!

extramundane
02-29-08, 11:43 PM
I was questing after Foyt Futility news.

A likely story. ;)

Personally, I just wanted to know what the press corps was served for lunch. Besides a s**t sandwich.

pchall
03-01-08, 12:42 AM
A likely story. ;)

Personally, I just wanted to know what the press corps was served for lunch. Besides a s**t sandwich.

According to the folks over at TF, St. Robin of the Greasy Chinos has been dining on filet mignon exclusively ever since he single-pennedly forced the merger.

cart7
03-01-08, 10:11 AM

2 other Champ Car teams are also rumored to be blowing off the IRL.

Translation: We can't come up with the money to run a full season in time to get a couple of the limited quantity, first come, first serve crapwagons.