PDA

View Full Version : Tracy To Drive For Vision Racing?

shomann
02-29-08, 10:36 AM
"I wouldn't drive one of those Crapwagons?" How 'bout driving for Tony George of all things? But he would rather drive for Penske or Ganassi.

www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080229/SPORTS01/802290458

www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65376

Andrew Longman
02-29-08, 10:51 AM
George said he wouldn't pay Tracy's salary only to have him drive for another team, but he said he'd try to find a sponsor for the team.

Wouldn't he first find a sponsor for Vision?

rosawendel
02-29-08, 10:56 AM
Wouldn't he first find a sponsor for Vision?

i'm waiting for clabber girl.

shomann
02-29-08, 11:10 AM
Quite ironic that Tracey finds himself in this situation. It's bizzaro world stuff.

If you love PT, do you still love him if he's driving for the devil? I will still root for PT regardless of who he drives for. He's far and away the best personality the series has. And he will always be a Champ Car driver, just in a series with a different name.

Insomniac
02-29-08, 11:14 AM
PT better sit out this season before driving for Vision.

Ziggy
02-29-08, 11:15 AM
The entire problem for me in these scenario's is this, the cars ARE WAY FREAKING DANGEROUS. They are forever in a pack, and the guy on the other side of you might be the 1/24 slot car champion from Boise Idaho, and if you turn them around they tend to fly like sheets of plywood

none of this has gone away.......

Chiphead_Dave
02-29-08, 12:43 PM
The entire problem for me in these scenario's is this, the cars ARE WAY FREAKING DANGEROUS. They are forever in a pack, and the guy on the other side of you might be the 1/24 slot car champion from Boise Idaho, and if you turn them around they tend to fly like sheets of plywood

none of this has gone away.......

Agreed.

My biggest wonder is why Bruno would get in one of these cars.

RUN AWAY RUN AWAY.

devilmaster
02-29-08, 12:54 PM
I looked forward to cheering on all Champ Car teams and drivers in their battle of good against evil. This blurs who's good and who's evil.

:rolleyes:

If this is what qualifies for being a follower of the sport (or as some would say - a 'true fan') - i'm happy i don't watch this s**t anymore.

chop456
02-29-08, 12:55 PM
Awful talkative for a new guy, ain't he? :tony:

TKGAngel
02-29-08, 01:33 PM
It might just be me, but I consider Mikey's comments about PT getting old as the pot calling the kettle black.

I'd like to see PT at KV Racing with Jimmy and Oriol. That would be fun to watch.

G.
02-29-08, 01:44 PM
why would mikey say that PT has no experience in the cars? Isn't it the same Dalila that he ran in '02?

Napoleon
02-29-08, 02:03 PM

Yep

Racing Truth
02-29-08, 02:03 PM
why would mikey say that PT has no experience in the cars? Isn't it the same Dalila that he ran in '02?

Different generation Dallara, but yes, very similar.

Andrew Longman
02-29-08, 02:37 PM
Different generation Dallara, but yes, very similar.

Learning that it is the right foot he needs to keep mashed to the floor is not that hard.

His team learning how to develop and set up the car for an oval is a much longer learning curve.

Gangrel
02-29-08, 02:57 PM
Learning that it is the right foot he needs to keep mashed to the floor is not that hard.

His team learning how to develop and set up the car for an oval is a much longer learning curve.

*shrug* It's only a few years ago that he won the 500.... :D

Seems to me he should be ok to go on ovals.

Insomniac
02-29-08, 04:14 PM

He's just jealous that PT won an Indy 500.

shomann
02-29-08, 04:20 PM

Am I allowed to make comments? Just curious.

It is ironic isn't it? Maybe you disagree.

I've never watched an IRL race. I'm a long time CART and Champ Car fan. I will continue to support former Champ Car teams because I hope they kick butt on the EARL crowd. I will watch the merged series because I care about open wheel, and don't give a hoot about the drivers in the ALMS.

oddlycalm
02-29-08, 04:32 PM
why would mikey say that PT has no experience in the cars? Isn't it the same Dalila that he ran in '02? I dunno, maybe because he's a weasel and desperately needs someone to grab him by the neck and choke the **** out of him...? As always, nice group of folks in the EARL. :thumdown:

oc

oddlycalm
02-29-08, 04:50 PM
This blurs who's good and who's evil. Right, things starting to come into focus for you? Welcome to the alternate reality of the EARL. It's like living in a David Lynch movie that never ends. It's one thing to laugh from a distance at the grotesque cartoonish characters and the rubes that buy into it, it's quite another to embrace it and watch it every week. A few highlights on the Speed Report are more than enough.

oc

shomann
02-29-08, 05:17 PM
Right, things starting to come into focus for you? Welcome to the alternate reality of the EARL. It's like living in a David Lynch movie that never ends. It's one thing to laugh from a distance at the grotesque cartoonish characters and the rubes that buy into it, it's quite another to embrace it and watch it every week. A few highlights on the Speed Report are more than enough.

oc

I will continue to watch and root for Champ Car teams and their drivers because that is who I care about. For me, it is good against evil. I hope CC drivers win every race.

I can't force myself to care or get interested in ALMS drivers or teams. Maybe other people can.

Napoleon
02-29-08, 05:24 PM
I will continue to watch and root for Champ Car teams and their drivers because that is who I care about.

Which is why you didn't register here until the series was about to go out of existance?

Ziggy
02-29-08, 05:38 PM
Shomann = Lemming schill

shomann
02-29-08, 05:43 PM
Which is why you didn't register here until the series was about to go out of existance?

Correct. I hadn't heard about it until then. Use to be on CCF, but can't take the negative attitude anymore. It's too depressing.

I choose to forge ahead. This is what we have left. I will continue to support former Champ Car teams and their drivers because that is what I care about.

How can anyone that says they were a CART / Champ Car fan not continue to support them? It will be very interesting to see how well they do.

shomann
02-29-08, 05:44 PM
Shomann = Lemming schill

BS

Winston Wolfe
02-29-08, 05:46 PM
shomann = :tony:

sounds like every other shill that registers.... " I love CCWS, I am a huge fan, I love the series, and the drivers.... blah, blah, blah" - ironic that registration occurs the month of the end of the Champ Car series.... hmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Ziggy
02-29-08, 05:48 PM
Never heard of OffCamber

oh yeah, that's rich

:p :rofl: