PDA

View Full Version : DNFisher Racing

Wheel-Nut
02-28-08, 12:22 PM
:thumbup: Good news Futility Fans.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-homestead-testing-notebook-day-1//P2/

Sarah Fisher teamed with two other famous female racers to announce the formation of Sarah Fisher Racing, which plans to compete in the Indianapolis 500 in May and hopes to add other IndyCar Series races to the schedule.

Janet Guthrie and Lyn St. James joined Fisher for the announcement Wednesday at Homestead. Fisher’s idea of forming her own team began long before she lost her ride with Dreyer & Reinbold during the off-season.

“I didn’t just wake up one morning and do it,” Fisher said. “I consulted with a lot of the partners in the league and consulted with the marketing partners I’ve worked with and said, ‘Do you think this is going to be a good idea? Am I crazy for doing this or is this something that everybody thinks will be a good plan?’ I had absolutely no negativity going forward.”

dando
02-28-08, 12:33 PM

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-homestead-testing-notebook-day-1//P2/

Sarah Fisher teamed with two other famous female racers to announce the formation of Sarah Fisher Racing, which plans to compete in the Indianapolis 500 in May and hopes to add other IndyCar Series races to the schedule.

Janet Guthrie and Lyn St. James joined Fisher for the announcement Wednesday at Homestead. Fisher’s idea of forming her own team began long before she lost her ride with Dreyer & Reinbold during the off-season.

“I didn’t just wake up one morning and do it,” Fisher said. “I consulted with a lot of the partners in the league and consulted with the marketing partners I’ve worked with and said, ‘Do you think this is going to be a good idea? Am I crazy for doing this or is this something that everybody thinks will be a good plan?’ I had absolutely no negativity going forward.”

I may just hafta watch more of this shizzle than I expected. Pass the popcorn, please.... :gomer: :D

-Kevin

Wheel-Nut
02-28-08, 12:39 PM
Butter?

Brickman
02-28-08, 12:51 PM

Underwritten by TG before he had the amalgamation deal done. Needed those car counts then.

cart7
02-28-08, 01:46 PM
Good to hear Janet Guthrie is getting back into an Indycar.

what is she, 80 now?