PDA

View Full Version : RIP Boyd Coddington

G.
02-27-08, 04:27 PM
http://www.themustangnews.com/people_08/st-0208boyd232.htm

Boyd Coddington Passes Away

Staff Report

Custom car icon and inspiration for the Roush/Coddington Roadster leaves us.

02-27-08: Famous hot-rod builder and designer Boyd Coddington died this morning of undisclosed causes at 63.

Most recently known in enthusiast circles from his involvement in the hit cable TV series, American Hot Rod, Boyd has come into our living rooms with his creativity and innovative team leading persona. Obituaries around the net tell that he grew up in rural Idaho and moved to Southern California.

JohnHKart
02-28-08, 04:00 PM
Very sad to hear this. The shop is just a few miles from my home, and I just started getting into the show a year ago. Terrible! Im on a quest to get back into old cars, but that's going to be a seperate thread. I've admired Boyd for about 18 years. I know my mom is going to be crushed, she loves the show and Boyd.

John

Sean Malone
02-28-08, 04:54 PM
I caught about the first two seasons of his show. Pretty entertaining due to it's keystone cops style, bungling crew. It's amazing they were able to get anything out the door. Which by the way, I wouldn't have taken any of those cars over 45mph. I'd be interested to hear from the owners on how the cars have faired over the years. There was a real "just get it out the door" mentality.
I remember in the 80's when all of the hot rod crowd wanted BC rims.