PDA

View Full Version : Imagine 2 directions

OW
02-23-08, 02:29 PM
What if we stayed split?... Where would AOWR be in 5 years?

What if we stay Unified?... Where will AOWR be in 5 years?

Compare the 2...

NOW THINK!

Napoleon
02-23-08, 02:39 PM
Who cares

Don Quixote
02-23-08, 02:42 PM
I know, I know, pick me! Is the correct answer "in the crapper" x 2?

OW
02-23-08, 02:46 PM
Who cares

The hypotheticals I surmised is to ask one to leap from here to there.

Maybe if you take each fork in your mind....you will come back to feeling better. That's all...

Sean Malone
02-23-08, 02:54 PM
This is why I hope the bosses lock the Champ Car board.

stroker
02-23-08, 03:11 PM
What if we stayed split?... Where would AOWR be in 5 years?

What if we stay Unified?... Where will AOWR be in 5 years?

Compare the 2...

NOW THINK!

You're assuming that there's no alternative to the current owners. The situation is not beyond saving. The problem is putting the right people with the right resources in place.

Unified AOW with TG in charge does not meet that criteria. Period. We've got your alternative WITH unification.

nrc
02-23-08, 03:58 PM
What if there had not been a split? Where would we be now?

Napoleon
02-23-08, 04:17 PM

Interesting question. I suspect we still would have seen somewhat of a decrease in its popularity (I do not think its all due to the split), but regardless it would be in nowhere near the shape it is today.

pchall
02-23-08, 05:17 PM
Five years from now Atlantics will be the top tier series in North American openwheel. :p

Gnam
02-23-08, 06:10 PM
Five years from now Atlantics will be the top tier series in North American openwheel. :p
They already are.
* better tracks
* better racing
* better cars
* better competition
* better professional development for drivers
* better leadership
* less chance for grater/ICU trips

If they can remain independent from FTG and add turbos... :thumbup:

stroker
02-23-08, 06:53 PM
They already are.
* better tracks
* better racing
* better cars
* better competition
* better professional development for drivers
* better leadership
* less chance for grater/ICU trips

If they can remain independent from FTG and add turbos... :thumbup:

Let's hope Unca Gerry gives that a serious try, just for schidts and grins. If he drops the previous "brain trust" of CC and really makes an honest attempt, he could own the market in two years.

Insomniac
02-23-08, 07:04 PM
Stay split: CC dead and IRL still going roundy-round.
Never split: NASCAR wouldn't be a juggernaut and F1 would be eating the IndyCar World Series leftovers.

OW
02-23-08, 08:20 PM

OMG... I could only imagine........

If best equipment ruled the roost...

OW
02-23-08, 08:35 PM
You're assuming that there's no alternative to the current owners. The situation is not beyond saving. The problem is putting the right people with the right resources in place.

Unified AOW with TG in charge does not meet that criteria. Period. We've got your alternative WITH unification.

I wasn't assuming anything....
Now...pchall ....made a point I didn't think of....hmm...interesting. The Atlantics did show great racing last year...

add Turbos...and good managment? ....hmm an underdog thing...

Wasn't one of the 2...I premised...but for a bit here...I can imagine the crowd looking at the dust (over there...so to speak) and out emerges a Diamond.

Very Interesting...

extramundane
02-23-08, 09:11 PM
Let's hope Unca Gerry gives that a serious try, just for schidts and grins.

No. Maybe let Vicki O'Connor continue to run it. Forsythe has shown that he's barely able to run a team properly, let alone a series.

cameraman
02-23-08, 11:17 PM
How about Mazda buys the Atlantics and they have Vicki O'Connor run it.

AND how about TG, KK, GF & especially PG stay the hell away from it.

emjaya
02-24-08, 08:01 AM

I don't think that's a bad thing at all. :thumbup:

Do you think they could come to Surfers? :gomer:

pchall
02-24-08, 08:52 AM
I wasn't assuming anything....
Now...pchall ....made a point I didn't think of....hmm...interesting. The Atlantics did show great racing last year...

add Turbos...and good managment? ....hmm an underdog thing...

Wasn't one of the 2...I premised...but for a bit here...I can imagine the crowd looking at the dust (over there...so to speak) and out emerges a Diamond.

Very Interesting...

Maybe I'll just change my nick to Papier-mâché. :gomer:

RTKar
02-24-08, 10:16 AM
What split...did I miss something?

Mary
02-24-08, 02:13 PM
If the split never happened, CART would still be second to NASCAR in the US, but the definition of motor racing in the US wouldn't just be NASCAR and the Indy 500 (it pains me to even type those words) would still be the biggest racing event in the country.

CART would be a strong, strong, 2nd to F1 world wide. Of lot of the mess that F1 has become in the last decade would have been even more apparent, and a lot of world-class talent would have chosen to race over here instead. Further, some of the "good, old, 'merican boys" who no longer had a greased path into open wheel just because they existed, but who really don't like driving stockcars, may have been attracted enough to a world class series that rivaled F1, so that rather than trolling around in Arca or Trucks, some of them would have learned to drive a formula car and learned to race road courses and they would have made it to CART, too. Thus, we'd have strong domestic feeder series. More CART drivers (Americans and foreign drivers) would have had a shot at F1 and more would have been successful.

(BTW, I do realize that just the idea of anything American being 2nd in the world to anything that exists on earth is an anathema to the IRL crowd--they'd rather have the current IRL! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:)

Montoya would not be driving taxis; neither would Villeneuve. I don't think Michael Schumacher or Mike Hakkinen would have ever come here to race (they are way to insular), but I can certainly see somebody like Coulthard, or Alesi having come here. Maybe Barrichello. Or maybe even the young versions of these guys, LOL!

If the reunification had not happened, I still don't think CCWS would be around in five years unless some other billionaire with too much money fell in love with it. Tony would have kept the IRL hanging on as long as was necessary to keep the 500 going, however. Despite the warped "vision" it still generates some revenue (thanks to NASCAR, too).

Mary

Racing Truth
02-24-08, 03:22 PM
How about Mazda buys the Atlantics and they have Vicki O'Connor run it.

AND how about TG, KK, GF & especially PG stay the hell away from it.

have faith,,,,big things coming,,,,poledance tells me of new things,,,atlantics will thrive,,,believe in the dance,,,and PR,,,,,,,,,:gomer: :gomer:

TravelGal
02-25-08, 02:11 PM
The hypotheticals I surmised is to ask one to leap from here to there.

Maybe if you take each fork in your mind....you will come back to feeling better. That's all...

We've already been forked. I don't want to think about it.