cameraman
02-22-08, 11:48 PM
Is that for sale somewhere?
A real print.

Sean Malone
02-22-08, 11:51 PM
A real print.

Love to know. I'd buy one. I was thinking about a picture that encompassed today's news and how I was feeling and thinking about Greg and this is THE picture that says it all.

Methanolandbrats
02-23-08, 12:05 AM
That shot right there is the answer to all the retards who think that open wheel racing was just "reborn" or old-timers "will watch" IRL ********.

dando
02-23-08, 12:22 AM
Love to know. I'd buy one. I was thinking about a picture that encompassed today's news and how I was feeling and thinking about Greg and this is THE picture that says it all.

Well there's that and Greg flipping off Montoya...superimpose FTG on JPM's helmet would be perfect. ;) Thx for digging that up. Reminds me to get a copy of both Greg and Zanardi's books.

RIP, #99. :(

-Kevin

TNCartFan
02-23-08, 12:28 AM
Here it is in higher res From Peter Burke's Speedcenter.

Those were the days

http://www.champcar.com/gallery/gallery99/10elkhart/desert_visions_big.html

dando
02-23-08, 12:30 AM
A real print.

Peter Burke took that shot. Here's a link to a larger version of it:

http://speedcenter.com/Gallery/gallery99/best_of_1999/desert_visions_big.html

Send Peter a note about it. Not sure if he's still checking his speedcenter mailbox or not. Lots of good treasures on the old site still available. :thumbup:

http://speedcenter.com/Gallery/gallery99/best_of_1999/mo_needs_to_be_alone480.jpg

-Kevin

RichK
02-23-08, 02:07 PM
That shot right there is the answer to all the retards who think that open wheel racing was just "reborn" or old-timers "will watch" IRL ********.

Actually that picture is of a real racer who would've put the business crap aside and raced his ass off wherever he could. My humble opinion.

Signed,

One of the retards

OW
02-23-08, 02:18 PM

Whatever....
Stay here and we'll tell you how the series goes...
Since you won't be watching.

Andrew Longman
02-23-08, 02:20 PM

My brother in law just stopped by to "congratulate" me on the merger and that the sport has been saved. He simply couldn't understand why I wasn't thrilled.

OW
02-23-08, 02:25 PM
Guys Guys Guys.....

We won't have the venues we want till next year....
Nor the equipment we want for 5 years....

But this "retard" (experienced fan) knows this is re-build....

Now we have to wait 5 years to see who eats who's words...

Don't we?

Racing Truth
02-23-08, 02:29 PM
Actually that picture is of a real racer who would've put the business crap aside and raced his ass off wherever he could. My humble opinion.

Signed,

One of the retards

And remember, he had signed with Penske for '00. Had he lived, it would have been him at Indy, not Dance Boy.

One of the tragedies, in my view, was never seeing Greg and Alex at Indianapolis.:(

Racing Truth
02-23-08, 02:33 PM
Guys Guys Guys.....

We won't have the venues we want till next year....
Nor the equipment we want for 5 years....

But this "retard" (experienced fan) knows this is re-build....

Now we have to wait 5 years to see who eats who's words...

Don't we?

There's some truth here, in that this thing won't be close to what we might hope for yrs. Is this yr. going to be good? H=ll no. It will take yrs. to undo, even by half, the damage done over the past 12 yrs.

Maybe that's not possible, given the leadership structure. And I understand those who cannot support this b/c of that fact. But I'll see what happens.

Jag_Warrior
02-23-08, 03:01 PM
Whatever....
Stay here and we'll tell you how the series goes...
Since you won't be watching.

I just want a PM when Danica has a Mexican doc give her some B cups and when her Penthouse issue comes out.

Anything else will be updated on the lower screen bar while I'm watching John vs. Ashley on ESPN2, or Lewis vs. Kimi on Speed.

If not for the comedy of the past decade or so, what else would we have?

nrc
02-23-08, 03:47 PM
Maybe that's not possible, given the leadership structure. And I understand those who cannot support this b/c of that fact. But I'll see what happens.
The one true constant throughout the split has been the idiocy of Tony George and the people he surrounds himself with. The crap in crapwagon didn't come about by accident, it came about because they think it's a good idea. Same with the schedule. Same with the idiotic points system. Same with droning around ovals flat out.

I've always said this has been about power and control, not ideals. So if Tony George someday gives up on his idiot notions of what open wheel racing should be and creates something comparable to CART, maybe I'll watch, but I certainly won't be eating any words.

The mistake is in thinking that anything will change if you just throw up your hands and say, "Split over, time to watch some Indy racin'!"

Cam
02-23-08, 06:50 PM
There's some truth here, in that this thing won't be close to what we might hope for yrs. Is this yr. going to be good? H=ll no. It will take yrs. to undo, even by half, the damage done over the past 12 yrs.

We've put up with messed up crap for the past 12 years and now we are expected to put up with messed up crap for another 5 years? Personally I am tired of wasting years of my life waiting for the King gomer to make things right, when he had no place poking his nose in where it wasn't wanted anyway. Screw TG and screw those that support him. :flame:

Insomniac
02-23-08, 06:54 PM
The one true constant throughout the split has been the idiocy of Tony George and the people he surrounds himself with. The crap in crapwagon didn't come about by accident, it came about because they think it's a good idea. Same with the schedule. Same with the idiotic points system. Same with droning around ovals flat out.

I've always said this has been about power and control, not ideals. So if Tony George someday gives up on his idiot notions of what open wheel racing should be and creates something comparable to CART, maybe I'll watch, but I certainly won't be eating any words.

The mistake is in thinking that anything will change if you just throw up your hands and say, "Split over, time to watch some Indy racin'!"

Do you think he will change what he does now that he has the power? I can't read minds, but it seems every decision he made was to get that power. He thought Indy and his original vision would give him that, but it didn't. He then proceeded to morph the IRL into CART/CC. Now, what will he do?

Dave99
02-24-08, 01:02 AM
Now, what will he do?

Whatever he wants. And not very well at that.

Spicoli
02-24-08, 01:16 AM

Bravo.

While our inheritors/buyers didn't turn out to be the saviours we had hoped, the Lord Stupidmore is even worse, and we shall not expect anything close to what we had back then. And its no reflection on us as a group.

Tony's going to prove, IMHO, that while he has all the chips, no one is buying.

Atlantics has a better chance of grabbing this fanbase than Tony does.

"kicking and screaming" ? Not on your life. :thumdown:

M-O Dude
02-24-08, 08:58 AM
"kicking and screaming" ? Not on your life.

My thoughts exactly.

stroker
02-24-08, 10:17 AM
And another cheery thought for a Sunday morning--whichever of the CC drivers make the move will be driving at Watkins Glen. We can now anticipate, for example, the headline that one of them is a victim of ARMCO.

Looks like Kermit got out just in time.

Insomniac
02-24-08, 10:59 AM
And another cheery thought for a Sunday morning--whichever of the CC drivers make the move will be driving at Watkins Glen. We can now anticipate, for example, the headline that one of them is a victim of ARMCO.

Looks like Kermit got out just in time.

Doesn't F1 use ARMCO?

trish
02-24-08, 11:05 AM
At Monaco, for sure.