PDA

View Full Version : Nope.

GLenz
02-22-08, 01:52 PM
http://blogs.indystar.com/racingexpert/

Feb. 22: TG's side of the story
Curt's note: I spoke to Tony George shortly after noon, and he took a handful of questions, but he did not say why the deal isn't resolved.

However, he twice emphasized that time is becoming an issue. His series has its first test of the season Wednesday and Thursday at Homestead-Miami Speedway, and the green flag drops to begin the IRL season in just 36 days.

He said both he and Kalkhoven have previous commitments to attend to, which will complicate -- but not derail -- the process. He said he will keep working on it, but it's clear he can't get a handle on the timeline at this point.

I asked him if he was frustrated. He thought about it a few seconds before saying, "I'm anxious." He did not elaborate.

The rest of the information is on Indystar.com, and we'll have a complete story in the paper. I'll try to update the blog after I speak with Kalkhoven, who left on his plane at 11:41 a.m. as I noted.

On another note, Happy Birthday, Dad.

• User comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Feb. 22: Noon update
Curt's note: My guy in the sky said KK's plane left Indy at 11:41 a.m., according to flight logs. No deal. Just talked to TG. Update coming shortly.

Sean Malone
02-22-08, 02:10 PM
KK - "I'm writing down a number" (slides paper to Tony)

TG "Uh, is that million or billion?" (slides paper back to KK)

KK "Tony, I'm writing down another number. Have your people look at it and get back to me)

TG " Um, OK"

mueber
02-22-08, 02:28 PM
The negotiations over the demise of a series being swallowed up by a series I'm not going to follow have more suspense in them then an F-1 season during the Schumacher reign.

Racing Truth
02-22-08, 02:34 PM
The negotiations over the demise of a series being swallowed up by a series I'm not going to follow have more suspense in them then an F-1 season during the Schumacher reign.

Heh.:rofl:

TravelGal
02-22-08, 02:55 PM
He said both he and Kalkhoven have previous commitments to attend to, which will complicate -- but not derail -- the process.

Feb. 22: Noon update
Curt's note: My guy in the sky said KK's plane left Indy at 11:41 a.m., according to flight logs. No deal. Just talked to TG. Update coming shortly.

Read: Neither of us will give in and we're trying to jerk the other one around as much as possible. Also neither of us gives a Cr!p any more either.

cameraman
02-22-08, 03:15 PM
These guys take "idiot" to new levels with each passing day.

I am amazed that Honda, Bridgestone & Firestone don't just turn and walk away from this mess. Why would anyone want their firm's name associated with this abjectly unprofessional train wreck?

Methanolandbrats
02-22-08, 03:19 PM

I am amazed that Honda, Bridgestone & Firestone don't just turn and walk away from this mess. Why would anyone want their firm's name associated with this abjectly unprofessional train wreck? You don't know what Indy means :cry: :gomer:

Sean Malone
02-22-08, 03:21 PM

I am amazed that Honda, Bridgestone & Firestone don't just turn and walk away from this mess. Why would anyone want their firm's name associated with this abjectly unprofessional train wreck?

Free Danickle posters?

pchall
02-22-08, 03:29 PM
Tony will manage to burn down both houses yet. :laugh:

cameraman
02-22-08, 03:30 PM
You don't know what Indy means :cry: :gomer:

I think I have a lot of company, there seems to be about 302,489,235 of us in the USA alone...

DagoFast
02-22-08, 03:32 PM
Hahahaha. Now up, the cliff hanger "To be continued" episode. It's straight out of soap opera digest, I tell ya.

Racing Truth
02-22-08, 03:37 PM
Hahahaha. Now up, the cliff hanger "To be continued" episode. It's straight out of soap opera digest, I tell ya.

Yes, but like any series on TV, these boys are on the verge of dragging this out too long.;)

DagoFast
02-22-08, 03:42 PM
Yes, but like any series on TV, these boys are on the verge of dragging this out too long.;)

Hey, if you think FTG is "Anxious", think how Robin Miller must feel. Come Sunday, he's officially Dave Despain's NASCAR stooge. :rofl:

Methanolandbrats
02-22-08, 03:42 PM
I think I have a lot of company, there seems to be about 302,489,235 of us in the USA alone...
And growing every day :D

Racing Truth
02-22-08, 03:45 PM
Hey, if you think FTG is "Anxious", think how Robin Miller must feel. Come Sunday, he's officially Dave Despain's NASCAR stooge. :rofl:

That will be :rofl: :laugh:

gjc2
02-22-08, 04:23 PM
KK - "I'm writing down a number" (slides paper to Tony)

TG "Uh, is that million or billion?" (slides paper back to KK)

KK "Tony, I'm writing down another number. Have your people look at it and get back to me)

TG " Um, OK"

Based on the rumors circulating the deal is an acquisition, not a merger. I would think the "details" to be worked out are just a matter of how much.