PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Asked Graham?

Sean Malone
02-21-08, 11:52 PM
Here Graham came to Champ Car for road racing experience in a decent car, presumably to help groom him for F1 by his reviled, turncoat father and now...here he is facing a year in the IRL in a car he didn't want to be in on tracks he didn't want to be on.

I can hear him now "but, but, but DAD, what about F1!!!!!!!"

greenie
02-21-08, 11:58 PM
Graham's gonna come down with a bad case of suspensionitis, similar to what plagues Marco at high speed ovals everywhere.

Seriously, these guys can't be psyched to go to TX (or Homestead, Chicago, Sparta :gomer: , etc). I was surprised that Will Power made early statements in favor of the merger. Should be something to see who actually goes thru the earl roulette.

ferrarigod
02-22-08, 01:22 AM
I was surprised that Will Power made early statements in favor of the merger.

will probably hasn't received a dollar from racing in a while, so i'm sure he's ready for any change to the status quo.

High Sided
02-22-08, 01:28 AM
here he is facing a year in the IRL in a car he didn't want to be in on tracks he didn't want to be on.

a year, don't you mean career?

Winston Wolfe
02-22-08, 03:17 AM
will probably hasn't received a dollar from racing in a while, so i'm sure he's ready for any change to the status quo.

guys, we forget and joke alot about how unsafe those crapwagens are, but now, the fellas that we have supported and admired for taking the high road and staying with CCWS are now being faced with having to strap themselves into the very same *****oxes that we have laughed at for years... only now, the drivers facing the potential of injury in earlwagens are *our* guys ???
This is truly bizarre...
Getting paid to drive is great and I am all for it.... but getting paid to drive the c-wagons ????? not so great IMO :shakehead

Insomniac
02-22-08, 09:52 AM
guys, we forget and joke alot about how unsafe those crapwagens are, but now, the fellas that we have supported and admired for taking the high road and staying with CCWS are now being faced with having to strap themselves into the very same *****oxes that we have laughed at for years... only now, the drivers facing the potential of injury in earlwagens are *our* guys ???
This is truly bizarre...
Getting paid to drive is great and I am all for it.... but getting paid to drive the c-wagons ????? not so great IMO :shakehead

In fairness, the DP01 didn't have the greatest record for protecting backs either last year. Not sure how bad the consequences would be if that car went flying backwards into a wall on an oval.

Sean Malone
02-22-08, 11:29 AM
Saftey is one thing, but I'm curious what graham thinks about the move in terms of his intended career path. --> F1.

extramundane
02-22-08, 12:01 PM
Saftey is one thing, but I'm curious what graham thinks about the move in terms of his intended career path. --> F1.

At this point, I think his dad's tie-up with BMW is probably a better foot in the F1 door than CC would have been.

Ruben Barrios
02-22-08, 12:19 PM
In fairness, the DP01 didn't have the greatest record for protecting backs either last year. Not sure how bad the consequences would be if that car went flying backwards into a wall on an oval.

How many backs did the Dallara break last year though?

Insomniac
02-22-08, 12:32 PM
At this point, I think his dad's tie-up with BMW is probably a better foot in the F1 door than CC would have been.

I imagine if he wants to go to F1, he is going to have to head to Europe now.

Methanolandbrats
02-22-08, 12:37 PM
I imagine if he wants to go to F1, he is going to have to head to Europe now. Or Japan, anything but taunting the chain link week after week. The Elder Rahole is probably on the phone right now.

Sean Malone
02-22-08, 12:45 PM
Or Japan, anything but taunting the chain link week after week. The Elder Rahole is probably on the phone right now.

But I'm sure Gene Simmons has the promotional poster already printed.

Marco ANDRETTI vs graham RAHAL

I wouldn't doubt it if someone has already contact Katherine for the same reason.

Insomniac
02-22-08, 01:23 PM
Or Japan, anything but taunting the chain link week after week. The Elder Rahole is probably on the phone right now.

I say Europe and get Flavio to manage you is your best shot. You need to get under someone's wing that has the power to put you in a seat.

cameraman
02-22-08, 02:13 PM
Every GP2 seat worth a damn is already signed for 2008. A bought seat at DPR or BCN isn't going to help you much.

Insomniac
02-23-08, 11:33 AM
Every GP2 seat worth a damn is already signed for 2008. A bought seat at DPR or BCN isn't going to help you much.

I'm sure it wouldn't be until 2009 anyway.

RTKar
02-23-08, 12:17 PM

Which makes me wonder if the old man and possibly the Andretti's will have any influence on future venues. I wonder what Bernie is thinking about the recent developments...interesting times.