PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee... post race BAR???

Warlock!
05-15-03, 08:32 AM
Beings that it will be well before midnight when we crawl outta the Mile's grandstands, does anyone know of a bar/pub/whatever that some of the thirstier folk could congregate? Not being familiar w/ Milwaukee at all, I'd hate to think there's a chance that I wouldn't be able to drop a sizeable wad of cash on some fine establishment. Do any locals know the "lay of the land"?

Warlock!

RaceChic
05-15-03, 09:36 AM
Being one of the Canucks here.. At first I thought BAR was the F1 team....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

chop456
05-15-03, 09:51 AM
Well, there IS a place a ways down National Avenue called Heartbreakers..... :D

TRDfan
05-15-03, 11:28 AM
Hmmmm....Heartbreakers...been awhile since I've been there. Hehehe.

There is Riversplash near downtown, several places near the Brookfield hotels...Champp's, TGI Fridays, etc. I remember seeing a couple smaller establishments around there too, or maybe there is something closer to the track.

Warlock!
05-15-03, 01:31 PM
Mmmmm... Heartbreaker's...

Although I did say wad of cash, chopper... but, now that I think about it, I guess it would go hand-in-hand with the other... ;)

I was kinda thinkin' bout a place where everyone would be comfortable... not just me :D

Warlock!

chop456
05-15-03, 01:34 PM
Your consideration for others makes me SICK! ;)

I'm not all that familiar with the neighborhood, but I'm pretty sure there are some locals on this board. C'mon, let's hear some more suggestions!

Tim
05-15-03, 01:48 PM
It's on the corner of 95th and National. They used to advertise heavily during Brewer games. Well you guys have fun at a bar while I wait 6.5 months until I am of legal drinking age. :D

chop456
05-15-03, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Rahalnut
It's on the corner of 95th and National. They used to advertise heavily during Brewer games. Well you guys have fun at a bar while I wait 6.5 months until I am of legal drinking age. :D

I meant suggestions for OTHER establishments. I KNOW where Heartbreakers is. ;)

I'm glad you haven't been drinking while you're still underage.

Napoleon
05-15-03, 01:51 PM
Well you guys have fun at a bar while I wait 6.5 months until I am of legal drinking age. :D

When I saw you had responded to this thread I wondered what you could possibly have to say without potentially implicating yourself for breaking the laws of WI.

Warlock!
05-15-03, 03:13 PM
Hey 'Nut... If we "adults" would happen to stumble into Heartbreakers, I'll gladly let you smell my lap when we come out... I may even let you pick off some of the glitter!

Seriously, where're the locals?

Warlock!

rocket
05-15-03, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
Hey 'Nut... If we "adults" would happen to stumble into Heartbreakers, I'll gladly let you smell my lap when we come out... I may even let you pick off some of the glitter!

Seriously, where're the locals?

Warlock!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Twisty Bits
05-15-03, 07:42 PM
This is where I'd like to go!
Water Street Directory (http://www.onwaterstreet.com/front.asp)

Warlock!
05-16-03, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Twisty Bits
This is where I'd like to go!
Water Street Directory (http://www.onwaterstreet.com/front.asp)
Oooohhh... that looks awful enticin'...:cool: :thumbup: :eek:

Anyone know of anything that trumps the Twist's suggestion?

Warlock!

RTKar
05-16-03, 08:27 AM
The Water Street Brewery is a nice place , good food and micro beers in a city that made it's name making macro beers. A good Mexican restaurant is La Perla. I remember a few bars around there but it's been awhile. RiverSplash is also going on near Water Street Brewery.

chop456
05-16-03, 08:37 AM
Oooohhh... that looks awful enticin'...:cool: :thumbup: :eek:

Anyone know of anything that trumps the Twist's suggestion?

Warlock!

There are a few cool places in that area that aren't even listed on that page. One is Buck Bradley's which has the longest bar in the U.S. Twisty better bring his dancin' shoes. :gomer:

(They have Sierra Nevada on tap, too).

The only thing is the drive, it's the opposite direction from Brookfield, so planning for a driver might be a good idea.

Good idea, Twisty.

Warlock!
05-16-03, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by chop456
Buck Bradley's which has the longest bar in the U.S.
You sure 'bout that? Check out the Beer Barrel Saloon (http://www.putinbay.com/establishmentsdetail.asp?location=The+Beer+Barrel+ Saloon%2E%2E%2E%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3E%3Cimg+src%3D%22ima ges%2Fdb%2Fbeerbarrelsaloon%2Ejpg%22+align%3Dright +border%3D1%3E%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EHome+of+the+%22Longe st+Bar+in+the+World%22+as+dubbed+by+The+Guiness+Bo ok+of+World+Records%2C+you+and+your+compadres+can+ catch+the+great+Pat+Dailey+and+other+popular+enter tainers+at+this+landmark+establishment%2E++We%27ll +be+sure+to+see+you+at+the+Beer+Barrel%21%3Cbr%3E% 3Cbr%3E419%2D285%2D7281%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EDow ntown+Put%2DIn%2DBay%3Cbr%3EPut%2Din%2DBay%2C+Ohio +43456%3Cbr%3E) in Put-in-Bay.

so planning for a driver might be a good idea.
I'll do it!!!

(plan for a driver, that is ;) )

Sounds like that place is kinda "Flat"-like, as in the Cleveland Flats. Sweet. :cool:

Warlock!

chop456
05-16-03, 10:56 AM
Hot damn tamale, you're right. I've been cheated, and I've been lied to. Sometimes I feeeeeeel, sometimes I feeeeeeeeeel..... 405 ft. Yikes! Twisty better train a bit before he tackles that one.

http://www.buckbradleys.com/index1.html
"Longest Bar East of the Mississippi".

I say we threaten to file suit, but settle out of court for a bunch of free booze.

TRDfan
05-19-03, 12:38 PM
Last year I stayed at the Homestead Suites in Brookfield and there was a little place right next to it called the Speedway Inn

http://www.digitalcity.com/milwaukee/bars/venue.adp?vid=91021&type=overview

Looks kind of small, but sometimes those places can be the most fun.

It's also close to Wyndham Garden, Baymont, Fairfield, Motel 6. It looks like most of the Brookfield hotels aren't too far away.

Talked to a friend that lives nearby. He recommended Benno's (not too far from the track). Says they have a great Friday Fish Fry and an incredible selection of beers on tap.

Where's Holy Crap ?? He's gotta know some good spots.

Warlock!
05-19-03, 01:50 PM
Benno's sounds sweet, too. I'll definitely get in there to try a few too many of the 30 beers on tap!!!. And it's only about 1/4 mi. east of the south end of the track. Sounds like a good starting place...

Warlock!

rocket
05-19-03, 08:33 PM
Benno's sounds sweet, too. I'll definitely get in there to try a few too many of the 30 beers on tap!!!. And it's only about 1/4 mi. east of the south end of the track. Sounds like a good starting place...

Warlock!

Looks like a wiener....no not you Warlock!, the bar.:thumbup: :D :thumbup:

RaceChic
05-19-03, 08:56 PM
Are these facilities user friendly for a girl like me if I go? :p

rocket
05-19-03, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
Are these facilities user friendly for a girl like me if I go? :p

Water Street and Benno's would be...they're not located in the red light district:saywhat: if that's what yer gettin' at Chic;)

RaceChic
05-19-03, 09:13 PM
Thanks rocket. :)
I might be making it. I have to sort out the driving etc. It's a long haul. Does any one live in north Indiana along the way? Where we could leave a car parked? Lizzerd is contemplating the trip and we would like to meet up there and go in one car so I could split up the driving for the long trip? :(

JT265
05-23-03, 04:48 AM
You guys are pissing me off large!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Here I am, stuck in Eastern Europe, three broken ribs and a cracked breastbone (further details and video ordering information available soon at www.JT265.com :p ), and youse guys are planning a pisser in Milwaukee!

And Warlock, your response to wee Timmy has me in dire pain!!! DIRE I say! LMFAO! :rofl:

Have fun all, stay cool, and your intrepid world traveller will be back soon.

JT :cool:

Warlock!
05-23-03, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by JT265
Here I am, stuck in Eastern Europe, three broken ribs and a cracked breastbone (further details and video ordering information available soon at www.JT265.com :p )
I told ya not to mess around with those Eastern European gals... they'll eff you up! ;)

Warlock!

Tim
05-23-03, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by JT265
And Warlock, your response to wee Timmy has me in dire pain!!! DIRE I say! LMFAO! :rofl:

If you guys only knew what sort of year its been for me. :D

JT265
05-27-03, 05:27 AM
I told ya not to mess around with those Eastern European gals... they'll eff you up! ;)

Warlock!

Problem is, I was playin' the Beatles white album at 78 speed, on came Back in the USSR, and the next thing you know, I AM!!!!!!

PS: YOu are right about these Eastern European girls, too! Down too, even!!!

Quite Right!!!:D

Napoleon
05-27-03, 03:07 PM
Maybe this will help everyone out. You can all thank me later.

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/iwprj?id=53873&cat=bu

RichK
05-27-03, 03:31 PM
You all are ALMOST making me wish I lived in the Midwest again. Have fun!

lisa
05-29-03, 10:28 PM
Well you guys have fun at a bar while I wait 6.5 months until I am of legal drinking age. :D

But rahalnut, I was going to buy you a beer. ;)

devilmaster
05-29-03, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by lisa
But rahalnut, I was going to buy you a beer. ;)
and if she didn't, I was....

Steve

chop456
05-30-03, 09:09 AM
I never had any intention whatsoever of buying Timmy a beer. :D

JT265
05-31-03, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by chop456
I never had any intention whatsoever of buying Timmy a beer. :D

Already did. Don't tell me he drank it already????:p