PDA

View Full Version : Forsythe Pulled Out Of Merger? (Wednesday)

shomann
02-20-08, 10:57 AM
Per AR1.

Champ Car /IRL merger - on or off? UPDATE #15 The wild rumors on this merger continue today. According to AutoRacing1.com sources, and as we reported about 8 hours ago, Gerald Forsythe pulled out of the merger deal last night. He and Paul Gentilozzi are trying to rally enough cars to go it alone as Champ Car. We hear that Kevin Kalkhoven and Dan Pettit are moving on to the IRL. We hear that an approach from Gentilozzi to Panoz to buy in and save the contract is waiting a reply. We also hear that Forsythe may be trying to prevent the Long Beach race from falling in the hands of the IRL.

Cam
02-20-08, 11:01 AM
Oh joy. :rolleyes:

Sean Malone
02-20-08, 11:06 AM
Gotta love email campaigns.

shomann
02-20-08, 11:09 AM
The soap opera continues...

I don't think we're going to hear any official announcement this week.

Spicoli
02-20-08, 11:14 AM
The soap opera continues...

I don't think we're going to hear any official announcement this week.

I don't think you will either. It doesn't matter.

But I do think you will see PKV, Minardi, Conquest and Walker announce IRL moves.

Personally, I think Gerra is just toying with the idiotgrandson.

Sean Malone
02-20-08, 11:21 AM
I don't think you will either. It doesn't matter.

But I do think you will see PKV, Minardi, Conquest and Walker announce IRL moves.

Personally, I think Gerra is just toying with the idiotgrandson.

What aboot PT's seat 'fitting'? What aboot NHL?

Gangrel
02-20-08, 11:45 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=1&id=3253353

It seems to me that Oreo is saying "Hogwash!" to this...sounds like a press conference is tentatively scheduled for tomorrow.

Spicoli
02-20-08, 12:02 PM
What aboot PT's seat 'fitting'? What aboot NHL?

Well, soooory aboooot that, I gforgotted them.

Yeah, even Wilke over @ TF has picked up on the PT move. He just doesn;t know its NHL. _And i don;t either, for sure. I was just rumored that last night over dinner from somebody in da business. Would sorta make sense with J-Dub, GrahamCracka & PT. :eek:

*God, I may even root for NHL if PT in fact is there.:saywhat:

Don Quixote
02-20-08, 12:07 PM
Would they give PT the the traction control like his teammates,,,, or would he have to play it straight? :gomer:

Sean Malone
02-20-08, 12:09 PM
Well, soooory aboooot that, I gforgotted them.

Yeah, even Wilke over @ TF has picked up on the PT move. He just doesn;t know its NHL. _And i don;t either, for sure. I was just rumored that last night over dinner from somebody in da business. Would sorta make sense with J-Dub, GrahamCracka & PT. :eek:

*God, I may even root for NHL if PT in fact is there.:saywhat:

I had a TV dinner. It sucked. And there wasn't an insider within miles of me.

*jealous*:mad:

Methanolandbrats
02-20-08, 12:13 PM

*jealous*:mad: Salisbury steak, corn, mashed taters and dark brown gravy? That's the best one :thumbup:

TravelGal
02-20-08, 12:17 PM
Per AR1.

Champ Car /IRL merger - on or off? UPDATE #15 The wild rumors on this merger continue today. According to AutoRacing1.com sources, and as we reported about 8 hours ago, Gerald Forsythe pulled out of the merger deal last night. He and Paul Gentilozzi are trying to rally enough cars to go it alone as Champ Car. We hear that Kevin Kalkhoven and Dan Pettit are moving on to the IRL.

Jeebus, I heard that LAST week. Can't be that I have better sources can it? Or did I just dream it from all the (^&)*#$ on the net?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

extramundane
02-20-08, 12:18 PM

*jealous*:mad:

Dude, Florida's chock full of insiders. I know of at least two that'd spill their guts if you sprung for Surf'n'Turf night at Golden Corral. :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
02-20-08, 12:30 PM
My guess is Mark is either 1) throwing everything he can at the wall so he can say "you heard it here first!" in the unlikely event that he is right, or 2) pulling a Kevin Hart and making that statement because he wants so bad for there to not be a merger. :shakehead

rabbit
02-20-08, 12:42 PM
Per AR1.

Champ Car /IRL merger - on or off? UPDATE #15 The wild rumors on this merger continue today. According to AutoRacing1.com sources, and as we reported about 8 hours ago, Gerald Forsythe pulled out of the merger deal last night. He and Paul Gentilozzi are trying to rally enough cars to go it alone as Champ Car. We hear that Kevin Kalkhoven and Dan Pettit are moving on to the IRL. We hear that an approach from Gentilozzi to Panoz to buy in and save the contract is waiting a reply. We also hear that Forsythe may be trying to prevent the Long Beach race from falling in the hands of the IRL.

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/9717/thee0348oz.jpg

G.
02-20-08, 01:22 PM
Per AR1.

Champ Car /IRL merger - on or off? UPDATE #15 The wild rumors on this merger continue today. According to AutoRacing1.com sources, and as we reported about 8 hours ago, Gerald Forsythe pulled out of the merger deal last night. He and Paul Gentilozzi are trying to rally enough cars to go it alone as Champ Car. We hear that Kevin Kalkhoven and Dan Pettit are moving on to the IRL. We hear that an approach from Gentilozzi to Panoz to buy in and save the contract is waiting a reply. We also hear that Forsythe may be trying to prevent the Long Beach race from falling in the hands of the IRL.Yeah, that'll do it. GF and PG will save AOWR. :shakehead

FTG
02-20-08, 03:03 PM
If they don't, no one will.

Racing Truth
02-20-08, 03:51 PM
If they don't, no one will.

Then shut it down.

Sean O'Gorman
02-20-08, 03:54 PM
Yeah, i'm sure that now they have the answer. :rolleyes:

Easy
02-20-08, 03:58 PM
Making the car count even lower has been the solution all along, they just haven't been brave enough to try it.

TrueBrit
02-20-08, 03:59 PM
So that would mean, what four, maybe 5 cars on the grid...

Fellas, that math ain't adding up for you....

Fio1
02-20-08, 04:06 PM
Wow! Interesting.

FTG
02-20-08, 04:13 PM
If Jerry's going to do it, he's going to subsidize 18 cars. If he ain't, you'll see a press release soon. If he can't make up his mind, the status quo will continue.

But the math has never worked. As long as Tony is giving away money to Champ Car teams, CC will need to give away just as much, or a little bit more.

cameraman
02-20-08, 04:15 PM
These people are making Britney look stable:shakehead

Spicoli
02-20-08, 04:16 PM
If Jerry's going to do it, he's going to subsidize 18 cars. If he ain't, you'll see a press release soon. If he can't make up his mind, the status quo will continue.

But the math has never worked. As long as Tony is giving away money to Champ Car teams, CC will need to give away just as much, or a little bit more.

He's just posturizing. Get mo money from ftg that way.:thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
02-20-08, 04:27 PM
Making the car count even lower has been the solution all along, they just haven't been brave enough to try it.

Hey, slot cars were fun as a kid and they only had 2 cars on track, maybe they can just advertise CCWS as the world's largest slot car track. :confused:

Insomniac
02-20-08, 04:50 PM
I always felt having to race with other cars on track wasn't fair. They should just do time trials all day.

CQ
02-20-08, 06:57 PM
Hey, slot cars were fun as a kid and they only had 2 cars on track, maybe they can just advertise CCWS as the world's largest slot car track. :confused:

They could call it the "Dud Shootout" :cool:

TravelGal
02-20-08, 09:33 PM
I always felt having to race with other cars on track wasn't fair. They should just do time trials all day.

You made me laugh. And that is quite an accomplishment these days. Good one Insomniac.

Insomniac
02-21-08, 10:07 AM
You made me laugh. And that is quite an accomplishment these days. Good one Insomniac.

Hey, it's that or the 2005 USGP at every track. :D