PDA

View Full Version : Chew on this Tony

cameraman
02-19-08, 11:24 PM
Last year I attempted to watch the IRL running at Watkins Glen. I say attempted because I only lasted about 10 minutes before I gave up as it was unwatchable garbage. Slow, unmaneuverable, ugly pigs of cars slogging about the track. The real kicker is I watched the Grand Am turtles running about the exact same track at even slower speeds and it was a far more watchable race. Hell it was even interesting in that it-is-what-it-is Grand Am sort of way.

Think about that, in a direct comparison Grand Am is far and away more watchable than the IRL.

There ya go Anton, stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

stroker
02-19-08, 11:34 PM
Last year I attempted to watch the IRL running at Watkins Glen. I say attempted because I only lasted about 10 minutes before I gave up as it was unwatchable garbage. Slow, unmaneuverable, ugly pigs of cars slogging about the track. The real kicker is I watched the Grand Am turtles running about the exact same track at even slower speeds and it was a far more watchable race. Hell it was even interesting in that it-is-what-it-is Grand Am sort of way.

Think about that, in a direct comparison Grand Am is far and away more watchable than the IRL.

There ya go Anton, stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

What are you going to do with the money SOG gave you to say that?

:D

Sean Malone
02-19-08, 11:55 PM
I watched about four IRL races last year. The road courses were unbearable to watch like cameraman said. The ovals were like the old CART races except without the racing.

They've dialed out the "side by side" that made those jets in a gymnasium have that train wreck appeal.