PDA

View Full Version : For Skaven and Ank (and everyone)

cartman
02-17-08, 07:15 AM
Hey everybody, been out of commission for a bit, last year and a half have been crazy. I changed jobs (to a job where i couldn't surf these forums all day any more) then my wife got an amazing job offer so we sold our house in Atlanta and moved to Reno, Nevada.

Now a little college football recap for Skaven and Ank -

UGA completely and utterly (finally for god's sake) destroyed the Gaytors. It was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen, I think I may have cried watching the game. We made life hell for Teblow (or rag doll as like to call him after that game) and I loved it. Got to hand it to the bastard for still winning the heisman though. I'm a little baffled as to how I have to admit, his numbers were unbelievable but personally I think when the candidate is a quarterback the W/L column should be a lot more important than the numbers. Things may be different in '08 but you have to at least give me my full year of gloating, those years have been so few and far between for the last 2 1/2 decades.

Ribbing aside, I was really pleased with our season, I was expecting maybe 7-5 or 8-4 at best with an all new offensive line. South Carolina was very irritating (you can only imagine how much we hate losing to Spurrier) and I think they accidentally put one of the local high school teams in our uniforms for the Tennessee game because that was downright embarrasing. All in all though 10-2 was much better than I anticipated and our O-line seemed to really improve throughout the season. I don't care how anyone feels about UGA, you can't help but be observant enough to know that Knowshon is an animal.

The Sugar Bowl was ridiculous, I almost started to feel badly for Hawaii at one point but I shook it off. Somebody needed to prove definitively and once and for all how superior the SEC is to these little patsy conferences like the WAC, MAC, CUSA, PAC 10, etc. Hawaii had no business in that game, it should have been UGA vs. USC in the Rose Bowl and Hawaii vs. Illinois in the Sugar. I would have so cherished an opportunity to pound on USC. I remember the Hawaii quarterback saying after the game that he had never seen so many guys that big move so fast. Mr. Heisman candidate got a very brutal introduction to SEC defense.

Hope all is well with everyone, I'll try to be a little more active on here again. I don't even really know what to say about this open wheel racing mess other than I'm not surprised by any of it. I've known CC management is a mess since my stint working for CART in the late 90's. It was screwy then, it's still screwy and I'm not convinced CC will be around much longer unless something major happens. Every year that it stays divided and a total mess is just another year they lose fans and ground to the NASCAR juggernaut. Unification would be great but for those of us that long for the old glory days of open wheel racing where the Indy 500 was the greatest spectacle on earth...unification won't mean anything if they can't figure out a way to steal some thunder from NASCAR, it's gotten too big and mainstream while TG and the CC people have been dorking around with their egos.

Ankf00
02-18-08, 01:00 PM
Reno, huh? Got space for me and Spickly to crash? :D