PDA

View Full Version : Daytona 500 Tickets

Sean Malone
02-15-08, 02:25 PM
What are two tickets in the 'Allison Tower' worth for Sundays Cup race?

My sister just wonned them. Looking to sell. :D

dando
02-15-08, 03:02 PM
http://catalog.ebay.com/Nascar-Sprint-Cup-Series-Daytona-500_W0QQ_fclsZ1QQ_fifptsZ1QQ_pidZ58480930QQ_tabZ2

They have a BIN on eBAy for ~$300 for 2 in Allison. The speedway site it hopelessly hosed right now, so I couldn't look up face on them.

-Kevin

Sean Malone
02-15-08, 03:10 PM
http://catalog.ebay.com/Nascar-Sprint-Cup-Series-Daytona-500_W0QQ_fclsZ1QQ_fifptsZ1QQ_pidZ58480930QQ_tabZ2

They have a BIN on eBAy for ~$300 for 2 in Allison. The speedway site it hopelessly hosed right now, so I couldn't look up face on them.

-Kevin

Cool! thanks! Although who wouldn't want to see Dashly, Cheeseburger boy and Jesus V race stock cars. Heck, I might buy them!

dando
02-15-08, 03:14 PM
Cool! thanks! Although who wouldn't want to see Dashly, Cheeseburger boy and Jesus V race stock cars. Heck, I might buy them!

TeeVee is your friend, yo. Just think about sitting next to 300 lb. Bubba with the 88 shaved into his back hair. Might make your parking lot run in seem pleasant. :gomer:

-Kevin

Sean Malone
02-15-08, 03:29 PM
TeeVee is your friend, yo. Just think about sitting next to 300 lb. Bubba with the 88 shaved into his back hair. Might make your parking lot run in seem pleasant. :gomer:

-Kevin

You couldn't pay me to go. :yuck:

trish
02-16-08, 11:36 PM
So are you guys going or did she sell them?

Sean Malone
02-17-08, 12:13 AM
So are you guys going or did she sell them?

Her and her boyfriend are going. Leaving around 4:00am Sunday.

It turns out my sisters CIO bought a block and gave a bunch out to his staff VP's. They had two left over so they sent a NASCAR trivia email around for the first person to respond with the most correct wins the tics which was my sis (fast googler plus ~20 year auto racing fan.)

My sis was just as hardcore CART (PPG IndyCar) and we frequently went to Naz, Cleveland and Mid-Ohio together with our signif others. She was a huge Dario fan and when he went to the IRL that was it, she turned her back on the sport as entirely, cold turkey, never looked back.

She said she going to wear her old Dario Kool tee and CART hat tomorrow to see if she gets any boo from the 'necks, but I told her NASCAR has changed. CIO's and their VP's go to them now.

;)

trish
02-17-08, 12:20 AM
I'm glad she decided to go and I hope they have a good time.

Cam
02-17-08, 01:08 AM
Her and her boyfriend are going. Leaving around 4:00am Sunday.

It turns out my sisters CIO bought a block and gave a bunch out to his staff VP's. They had two left over so they sent a NASCAR trivia email around for the first person to respond with the most correct wins the tics which was my sis (fast googler plus ~20 year auto racing fan.)

My sis was just as hardcore CART (PPG IndyCar) and we frequently went to Naz, Cleveland and Mid-Ohio together with our signif others. She was a huge Dario fan and when he went to the IRL that was it, she turned her back on the sport as entirely, cold turkey, never looked back.

She said she going to wear her old Dario Kool tee and CART hat tomorrow to see if she gets any boo from the 'necks, but I told her NASCAR has changed. CIO's and their VP's go to them now.

;)

That reminds me... I gots a DF #27 hat. Gonna wear it right now. :)

OW
02-17-08, 10:37 AM
TeeVee is good enough for most of us motor-junkies....especially since it's winter....

Even though we love OpenWheel I like to think, there is enough resilience in this crowd to "get it".

Hope your Sister has a wonderful time.....free and all...

Besides....they tawk funny....

trish
02-22-08, 07:17 PM
Now you've gotta tell me if she had a good time. :)

Sean Malone
02-22-08, 07:32 PM
Now you've gotta tell me if she had a good time. :)

Oh, yeah, I forgot.

Ok, so her summory. They got there at 9:00am Sunday. She was surprised that no matter how hard they tried they couldn't find anything that told them when gates opened, when pre-race things started etc.

Had comfortable seats, not just a flat bleacher and she said they were easy to get into and out of. They didn't bring beer inside because of the info she found on the website so they were buying the $6 24 oz cans and then found out people were bringing beer inside the gates.
They enjoyed the pre-race show. The 'decades' of NASCAR she liked because they had the cars form the past with music of the different decades.
They were surprised the cars weren't as loud as they thought they would be. They could talk as they were going by.
They were VERY bored for the fisrt 3/4 of the race but said that towards the end the excitment grew.
Overall they had a good time, nothing very negative to say but it didn't turn them into die hard NASCAR fans. Actually, they are very excited to join us for the Sebring race next month.

trish
02-22-08, 07:37 PM
I'm glad they had a good time. Have fun at Sebring.

cameraman
02-22-08, 08:03 PM
Actually, they are very excited to join us for the Sebring race next month.
It sure will be different. Bring your good walking shoes, you really can put in the miles at an ALMS weekend.