PDA

View Full Version : Cooking Misadventures

trish
02-14-08, 10:04 PM
I just stabbed myself with an oyster fork.

I grabbed a stick of frozen butter out of the freezer to scramble my eggs in. Well, I held the butter in my left hand and with the fork in my right dug into the frozen stick. Ow!!!

Well I put pressure on the wound for about a minute or two and am sure it's just a very tiny puncture. No heavy bleeding so I think I'll avoid the emergency room. Just pain in my palm and a weird feeling in my left arm.

I'm glad to say I've learned my lesson. Next time I'm using olive oil.

Sean Malone
02-14-08, 10:33 PM
OUch!!!

Take care of it. I'm glad to hear it wasn't worse. :thumbup:

TravelGal
02-15-08, 02:48 AM
Hydrogen peroxide in the wound, in case it's deep.

See a doc if the "weird feeling" persists. Although if you dinged a nerve, they may not do anything except tsk tsk over you.

Sorry to hear this and glad it's not worse. I often wonder what I'm going to do to myself someday that will wind up on these boards.

Cam
02-15-08, 08:33 AM
Paint me disappointed... I figured there would be some cumin involved! :D

Methanolandbrats
02-15-08, 08:33 AM
If you drove any specks of butter deep into your hand, that can be very dangerous. It causes a huge spike in cholesterol that persists for days. You should probably go to urgent care ASAP.

Dirk Diggler
02-15-08, 11:32 AM
I just stabbed myself with an oyster fork.

Do I need to post those Canadian safety films again?:irked:

dando
02-15-08, 11:40 AM
Rule #1 when cooking: never cut towards yourself. Same goes for stabbing @ things. Shame, shame. ;) Why use frozen butter and not just refrigerated stuff?

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
02-15-08, 12:12 PM
Rule #2. NEVER chop carrots when drunk. It took a long time for the flat spot on the end of my thumb to grow back.

cart7
02-15-08, 01:31 PM
http://www.rateitall.com/itemimages/883136.jpg

Don't forget to save the livers!!

dando
02-15-08, 01:47 PM
Rule #2. NEVER chop carrots when drunk. It took a long time for the flat spot on the end of my thumb to grow back.

General rule of thumb is to not use knives or other sharp instruments whilst intoxicated. Not that I haven't violated that rule myself. :D

-Kevin

Don Quixote
02-15-08, 01:49 PM
http://www.rateitall.com/itemimages/883136.jpg

Don't forget to save the livers!!:D :D I just cut the Dickens out of my finger!

trish
02-15-08, 02:24 PM
Well, I'm still alive! Burnt my bacon while making the original post last night so it took forever before I actually got to eat anything. I didn't have any butter in the fridge, so I had to use frozen. Next time I'll use something other than my hand as a cutting board. :o