PDA

View Full Version : More lies, no doubt

Pages : [1] 2

Racing Truth
02-14-08, 12:14 PM
From Miller (http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/irl-champ-car-unfication-frustrations/)

Sorry folks, FTG is not a good reason to continue this embarrassment. Period.

Maybe the whole sport ends then. So be it.

Sean Malone
02-14-08, 12:25 PM
So nothing new. It's all just rumors that no one but the key players know the truth about.

I would expect that a media conference would be arraigned shortly to speak to some of these issues (as opposed to snip here and snip there that another forum takes as a press release), but I have expected a lot of things from these guys that they don't follow through on. When is Spring Training? We'll know before then I assume.

mueber
02-14-08, 12:37 PM
If Gerry Forsythe has a workable plan, and the means, to make of go of Champ Car, let’s get on with it. If not, let’s end it now, so:

a. I know what to do with my Cleveland Grand Prix renewal form

b. I can plead with the Days Inn in downtown Cleveland to give me my money back—boy, that was really stupid, and

c. Tony George can complete his step backward in time, and be solely responsible for the mess that is open wheel in America.

Since I haven't heard anything different, my guess is that it’s over, and that’s how I’m acting until proved otherwise.

dando
02-14-08, 12:50 PM
When is Spring Training? We'll know before then I assume.

One month from today. I officially don't care anymore, but I can't help being a rubber necker watching this train wreck. These guys make the asylum in which I work look absolutely sane. :shakehead :saywhat:

So where are you?

The 5 stages of grief are:

1. Denial: The initial stage: "It can't be happening."
2. Anger: "Why me? It's not fair."
3. Bargaining: "Just let me live to see my children graduate."
4. Depression: "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"
5. Acceptance: "It's going to be OK."

6. WGAF? :mad:

-Kevin

rosawendel
02-14-08, 01:08 PM
here's where i am: sebring 12 hour is in one month, and i will be there.
everything else is up in the air.

JLMannin
02-14-08, 01:13 PM
That article is all incoherent babbling and speculation. Hell, SillyPony probably wouldn't post half that crap. Maybe Miller's next article can be based off this rumor -->http://www.speedtv.com/forums/viewthread/183212/

When CART pulled the plug on the US 500, I knew it was over - Tony had won. My heart denied it until about four years ago.

I couldn't care less if there is a Champcar season in 2008 or not. I couldn't also care less if there is an IRL season or not. You get the picture.

SurfaceUnits
02-14-08, 01:21 PM
one thing the innerweb is good for is to give absolute morons a public voice.

SurfaceUnits
02-14-08, 01:23 PM
Motegi/Long Beach conflict close to being resolved? UPDATE Regarding a date change to the Motegi Race, a Japanese Autosport Magazine website reported on February 12 (Japan time) that Motegi and IRL officials held a meeting, but the meeting ended without a date change to the Motegi race. According to the website the IRL will travel to Japan as scheduled, and will not be racing at Long Beach. Tony George and Robert Clarke came out of the meeting with Motegi officials saying they are very optimistic. Hmmm......could the merger deal be off?

Ed_Severson
02-14-08, 01:39 PM
I could care less if there is a Champcar season in 2008 or not. I could also care less if there is an IRL season or not.

http://www.incompetech.com/Images/caring.png

Hard Driver
02-14-08, 02:03 PM
This Motegi thing sounds riduculous. If Honda is going to be the sole engine provider for a unified series, with a TON of new interest in a unified Indy 500, lots of new press, and all they have to do is move one race date, they would be idiots not to.. And honda is not idiots.

SurfaceUnits
02-14-08, 02:08 PM
This Motegi thing sounds riduculous. If Honda is going to be the sole engine provider for a unified series, with a TON of new interest in a unified Indy 500, lots of new press, and all they have to do is move one race date, they would be idiots not to.. And honda is not idiots.
1)there isn't going to be a unified series
2)there isn't going to be a unified indy 500
3)there isn't going to be any new interest in the irl500
4)there isn't going to be lots of new press
5)with regards to earl, fhonda has more money than brains

Insomniac
02-14-08, 02:13 PM

Unless Honda want the IRL to fail because they plan on heading elsewhere. ;)

Racing Truth
02-14-08, 02:23 PM
1)there isn't going to be a unified series
2)there isn't going to be a unified indy 500
3)there isn't going to be any new interest in the irl500
4)there isn't going to be lots of new press
5)with regards to earl, fhonda has more money than brains

You know this how?

JLMannin
02-14-08, 02:30 PM
You know this how?

TG is still breathing?

Ankf00
02-14-08, 02:59 PM

that's one of my peeves too :D

Insomniac
02-14-08, 03:03 PM

It doesn't help when scripted shows say it wrong too.

grungex
02-14-08, 03:07 PM
It doesn't help when scripted shows say it wrong too.

There's a reason it's called an idiot box.

TravelGal
02-14-08, 03:49 PM
I do care but "it's just past midnight on Valentine's Day"?

And "my phone has not rang"?

So he's in Japan with the IRL? No wonder his phone hasn't rang.

cameraman
02-14-08, 04:45 PM
Speaking of idiots, the word is rung, my phone has not rung:irked:

Spicoli
02-14-08, 04:59 PM
Speaking of idiots, the word is rung, my phone has not rung:irked:

not in Indianer. We was.

CQ
02-14-08, 06:46 PM

And Honduh may have to get the FIA's approval to move the event. How do you think that would go over?

And Honduh may not be excited about moving their only Japan race in deference to the "TOYOTA GRAND PRIX of Long Beach". :confused:

Winston Wolfe
02-14-08, 06:56 PM
And Honduh may have to get the FIA's approval to move the event. How do you think that would go over?

And Honduh may not be excited about moving their only Japan race in deference to the "TOYOTA GRAND PRIX of Long Beach". :confused:

Honduh would be glad to have another Honda victory at the LBGP.... if you recall, Toyota NEVER won their "home" race when it was CART, and ironically, Honda never won at "Home" at Motegi when it was CART - it took the earl to allow Honda to win one at Home..... I think Danni Well-dun got the checkers for the first time for them..... and as a reward, they gave him a closet full of shoes....

This "last minute" stuff sounds like what happened at LB a few years back when I went to the "Season Opening Preview" night with Anaya and some other OC folks, and we learned that Adrian had bailed out earlier that day, and RayWhole had un-committed that day as well - it was their effort to tube the CART \ CCWS sub and it failed..... that is where I gained the most disrespect for any race driver \ team owner \ spineless \ gutless POS in my entire life....

we cant just "have it back" at this point.... whatever shows up at LB this year will be entirely different than last year - and a few years before that...
I just want to hear the whine of the turbos down shoreline - one mo' time !:thumbup:

not the farting sound of the Honda tractor motors strapped to the back of the earlwaggens :thumdown:

SurfaceUnits
02-14-08, 07:04 PM
CCIC site has just stated that they talked to a source at Champ Car who calls the bankruptcy rumor simply "ridiculous." '08 going on as planned.

TravelGal
02-14-08, 07:26 PM
CCIC site has just stated that they talked to a source at Champ Car who calls the bankruptcy rumor simply "ridiculous." '08 going on as planned.

Oh well THAT settles it then. :rolleyes:

SurfaceUnits
02-14-08, 07:31 PM
get your tix, room, flight, pack your bags

dando
02-14-08, 07:51 PM

r u betting lunch on that shizzle? WGAF? He said, she said. Who's the tallest dwarf? Get over it. :shakehead

-Kevin

SurfaceUnits
02-14-08, 07:59 PM
^^^a tenderloin basket, for you, at the gomers' favorite gathering spot in speedway, indianer

dando
02-14-08, 08:07 PM
^^^a tenderloin basket, for you, at the gomers' favorite gathering spot in speedway, indianer

Dude, I'm no :gomer: and anyone here will testify to that. My point is you can't trust anyone in this shizzle. This is the most ****ed up **** I've ever seen. Period. Again, WGAF? As I stated in this or another of the umpteen related threads, I'm just a rubber necker looking @ the train wreck The Split has become 13 years later. Oh well.

-Kevin

opinionated ow
02-14-08, 08:14 PM
-Kevin

ahhh....run for your lives, Kalkhoven is in the house!!!:p :p :p :rofl:

dando
02-14-08, 08:29 PM
ahhh....run for your lives, Kalkhoven is in the house!!!:p :rofl:

Knot. ;)

-Kevin

oddlycalm
02-14-08, 09:57 PM
Miller come across with all the stature and authority of wild eyed man chasing chickens. The real question is that what was his purpose in writing this? To reiterate that he doesn't know squat? Just more hand wringing about what the wealthy might decide to do with their money.

oc

Insomniac
02-14-08, 10:46 PM
Miller come across with all the stature and authority of wild eyed man chasing chickens. The real question is that what was his purpose in writing this? To reiterate that he doesn't know squat? Just more hand wringing about what the wealthy might decide to do with their money.

oc

Well, it's also an example of the idiots in charge allowing all this news to run amok without telling the team owners WTF is going on. Excellent leadership.

Spicoli
02-14-08, 11:16 PM
Well, it's also an example of the idiots in charge allowing all this news to run amok without telling the team owners WTF is going on. Excellent leadership.

I agree. The teams get more info off the message boards and various columns than they do from the bull that SJ puts out. Proving he also has no clue.

CQ
02-14-08, 11:23 PM

oc

He gets paid by the word...... :D

Robstar
02-15-08, 02:40 AM
To reiterate that he doesn't know squat?

& just in case anyone had forgotten, he broke the story... :thumbup:

TRANSAM
02-15-08, 03:49 AM

Thats good. Please explain 'steep learning curve'. If it's a relationship of progress and time ,doesn't 'steep' mean there is lots of progress ,but people
use the term 'steep learning curve' trying to say it's hard?

Chief
02-15-08, 08:43 AM
Man, that article stunk. Robin paints with a broad brush while TGeorge jet-sets off to England to be at Snot's wedding? For god's sake, wouldn't this be an opportune time for the ocean to rise up and swallow FTG? Can't believe he's the "savior" now.

WHY BOTHER WITH UNIFICATION when this scenario (written up by Miller over the past two weeks) seems to indicate IMPLOSION by CCWS? It all has a goofy azzed IMS undertone, doesn't it?

- Unidentified IRL source says "Deal off table".
- CCWS declares there never was a deal.
- FTG sez "Door Closed".
- Robin sez deal in works.
- FTG rushes off to Japan.
- CCWS near bankruptcy.
- KK out, Panoz in
- CCWS in eptitude, offices cleaned, chaos exposed.
- Walker has IRL's car now.
- Tony George lurks with angel wings to save open wheel..that he alone is responsible for destroying.

This whole thing is making the movie DRIVEN look realistic. AND this race fan couldn't be more turned off by it all.

Warlock!
02-15-08, 08:51 AM

Ding. And thanks for the graphic, Ed.

Now if we could find a way to quell the rest of my anal-retentiveness aimed at internet spelling, contractions, and word usage the world would be a sea of tranquility from my point of view.

Sean Malone
02-15-08, 09:10 AM
Man, that article stunk. Robin paints with a broad brush while TGeorge jet-sets off to England to be at Snot's wedding? For god's sake, wouldn't this be an opportune time for the ocean to rise up and swallow FTG? Can't believe he's the "savior" now.

WHY BOTHER WITH UNIFICATION when this scenario (written up by Miller over the past two weeks) seems to indicate IMPLOSION by CCWS? It all has a goofy azzed IMS undertone, doesn't it?

- Unidentified IRL source says "Deal off table".
- CCWS declares there never was a deal.
- FTG sez "Door Closed".
- Robin sez deal in works.
- FTG rushes off to Japan.
- CCWS near bankruptcy.
- KK out, Panoz in
- CCWS in eptitude, offices cleaned, chaos exposed.
- Walker has IRL's car now.
- Tony George lurks with angel wings to save open wheel..that he alone is responsible for destroying.

This whole thing is making the movie DRIVEN look realistic. AND this race fan couldn't be more turned off by it all.

Nice summary. :thumbup:

nrc
02-15-08, 10:15 AM
This just in! Cavin reports that the IRL isn't talking to anyone either. Mayhem!
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria. ...

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080215/SPORTS01/802150484/-1/LOCAL17

Chief
02-15-08, 10:38 AM
Indy Racing League founder Tony George didn't offer any news before flying to England for Scott Dixon's weekend wedding, nor did the four owners of the Champ Car World Series, who face rumors of impending bankruptcy.

Kevin Kalkhoven told the Toronto Sun that talk of bankruptcy was "absolutely wrong," but he refused to provide further insight.
"We know there has been and continues to be discussions on the possibility of a merger," said Derrick Walker, who owns a Champ Car team and is trying to organize one for the IRL. "We know very little else.

"There are some obvious signs that Champ Car is on hold until these discussions are finished. It's also fair to assume that Gerry Forsythe and Kevin Kalkhoven have invested a considerable amount of time and effort into making Champ Car a success. So if this merger is to happen, it represents a considerable change in their strategy."
Reading between the lines here....

TONY GEORGE is dangling a carrot to get the CCWS to bite....of course this occurs in the ELEVENTH hour and FIFTY NINTH minute of preparation of the 2008 season. Who's manipulating who? If it looks like a piece of crap, smells like a piece of crap it's got to be TONY GEORGE.

My bet is on FTG taking the ball home again....all of this designed to de-stablize CCWS and force it's failure by freezing it from moving forward. RM and Cavein just play it all like a fiddle.

Sean Malone
02-15-08, 11:00 AM

TONY GEORGE is dangling a carrot to get the CCWS to bite....of course this occurs in the ELEVENTH hour and FIFTY NINTH minute of preparation of the 2008 season. Who's manipulating who? If it looks like a piece of crap, smells like a piece of crap it's got to be TONY GEORGE.

My bet is on FTG taking the ball home again....all of this designed to de-stablize CCWS and force it's failure by freezing it from moving forward. RM and Cavein just play it all like a fiddle.

I agree.

Chief
02-15-08, 11:13 AM
AND...of course the battle rages on with the HAVES and HAVE NOTS thus thrusting us clearly back to the founding of the IRL in the first place:

IRL team owner Dennis Reinbold said a resolution of merger talks will help him decide if his team will field one car or two. "I want to see where we fit into this when it's all worked out," he said. "Obviously, the Champ Car teams will get some assistance to run. We'll see if that applies to any of us (already in the IRL)."

dando
02-15-08, 11:15 AM
This just in! Cavin reports that the IRL isn't talking to anyone either. Mayhem!

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080215/SPORTS01/802150484/-1/LOCAL17

I won't believe anything until I hear it from this guy:

http://writingcompany.blogs.com/this_isnt_writing_its_typ/images/baghdad_bob_1.jpg

:gomer:

-Kevin

pchall
02-15-08, 11:55 AM

Chief speak with straight tongue. :)

Racing Truth
02-15-08, 11:56 AM
I agree. The teams get more info off the message boards and various columns than they do from the bull that SJ puts out. Proving he also has no clue.

Yep, its a commentary on the incompetent dysfunctional management at CC.

Ozarkian
02-15-08, 12:35 PM
If it looks like a piece of crap, smells like a piece of crap it's got to be TONY GEORGE.

Boy, if that doesn't sum up the last decade and a half of this nonsense, I don't know what does.

What an utter mess this sport has turned into. :shakehead

beaner
02-15-08, 12:43 PM
Boy, if that doesn't sum up the last decade and a half of this nonsense, I don't know what does.

What an utter mess this sport has turned into. :shakehead

It needed fixing. Too many sponsors, engine suppliers, chassis and tire manufacturers and fans all getting in the way of things. :tony:

Spicoli
02-15-08, 12:49 PM
Yep, its a commentary on the incompetent dysfunctional management at CC.

If only I could get them to drink like we do, we could solve everything at the 4:20 club here in the village. :thumbup:

Stoopid billionaires.:shakehead

jcollins28
02-15-08, 12:51 PM

Bottom line, Tony George trying to unify the sport is like a guy trying to apologize to someone he just murdered.

robot9000
02-15-08, 12:56 PM

oc

Well, in the absence of anything official from CC....

Where is the link to the press release saying this is all ado about nothing? Apparently Walker hasn't gotten a copy yet, lol.

greenie
02-15-08, 01:11 PM

:laugh:

Chief
02-15-08, 02:00 PM
Well, in the absence of anything official from CC....Where is the link to the press release saying this is all ado about nothing? Apparently Walker hasn't gotten a copy yet, lol.
Yeah, but allegations lodged by well planted IRL unnamed sources claim the deal was dead when no one ever heard of an actual deal...and that didn't stop the ex-hard carded journalist from launching this vendetta. Sheiss, I could find several recent quotes by Walker that have me wondering what side of his mouth he's talking out of or perhaps he's got some multiple personality disorder. In fact, even Miller is having trouble keeping fact and fiction organized. Dump all of it and let's start over...

cameraman
02-15-08, 02:01 PM
Thats good. Please explain 'steep learning curve'. If it's a relationship of progress and time ,doesn't 'steep' mean there is lots of progress ,but people
use the term 'steep learning curve' trying to say it's hard?

You have the wrong axis labels. It isn't progress vs time.

It is "ability to produce" on the x axis and "amount you need to learn" on the y axis. So a steep learning curve requires you to learn a lot before you can accomplish anything.

Methanolandbrats
02-15-08, 02:14 PM
Cavin and Miller make most of that **** up in their dreams. Their "journalism" is nothing but tabloid level garbage. Here is a typical "fact" from Cavin

Not even the promoters know what races might be held this season. The top official of the Toronto Grand Prix said he is confident that race will be held, even on its July 4-6 date which is occupied on the IRL's schedule by Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International.

That would be "promoter", not "promoters" if he even talked to one. It's another un-named source and more speculation. The level of crap out of Cavin and Miller would'nt rate a D- on a seventh grade essay.

The bottom line is nobody in this is sitting down for long interviews, so nobody knows what is going on behind the scenes.

Corner5
02-15-08, 02:37 PM

Add to that ,the Motegi date is not changed. Rumor has it that Japan said no. The IRL will go to Japan as planned and no Long beach for them. Also that Honda is definitely gone.

Sean Malone
02-15-08, 02:42 PM
Add to that ,the Motegi date is not changed. Rumor has it that Japan said no. The IRL will go to Japan as planned and no Long beach for them. Also that Honda is definitely gone.

If true, then Tony must certainly be wanting to work toward a merger for '09 one would assume. Without Honda money...bye bye IRL.

But, there are so many rumors floating around right now its silly. Need a laugh? Just scan through the rumor selection at a certain ,,,forum.

Chief
02-15-08, 03:13 PM
Regardless, the mass hysteria this has whipped up in the open wheel community is exactly why it was conceived.....and the fact TONY GEORGE protects the sovereignty of the Indy 500 by bowing to his Japanese butt-master is missed in all of this.

gjc2
02-15-08, 10:44 PM
"Now, mind you, this stuff didn’t come from my imagination or one of those chat rooms," RM

Dump on TG, Kalkhoven, Forsythe, Gentilozzi, etc. OK, but when he insults chat rooms he's gone to far!

SurfaceUnits
02-16-08, 12:17 AM
Fred Nation reporting:
Mr. George accomplished everything he flew to Japan for and more:

http://www.mobilityland.co.jp/cms-data03/tpl/ttl.jpg

Indy
02-16-08, 12:54 AM
If only I could get them to drink like we do, we could solve everything at the 4:20 club here in the village.

Stoopid billionaires.:shakehead

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

High Sided
02-16-08, 01:57 AM
The bottom line is nobody in this is sitting down for long interviews, so nobody knows what is going on behind the scenes.

flashback to when things mattered :(
http://www.asapsports.com/show_conference.php?id=5607

formulaben
02-16-08, 06:04 PM
Need a laugh? Just scan through the rumor selection at a certain ,,,forum.

Please do share. My head hurts just thinking about going there.

FTG
02-16-08, 08:13 PM
Need a laugh? Just scan through the rumor selection at a certain ,,,forum.

Like this one: "word is hitting the street right now it's over. time to drink up ladies."

Sean Malone
02-16-08, 09:49 PM
Like this one: "word is hitting the street right now it's over. time to drink up ladies."

Nope, try again.

How about the one where the cozzy's are going to replace Honda in the crapwagons? Or the one where Gerry is supposedly going to buy all the teams IRL chassis's so they can run both series.

The list goes on and on...such as Tony buying Champ Car and running the '08 season.

That's a winner.

RusH
02-16-08, 10:31 PM
Where is MindyTruth when you need him?:gomer:

DagoFast
02-17-08, 12:07 AM
That does it. I'm going to start getting all my racing news from the National Enquirer. :cool:

Hesketh
02-17-08, 07:26 AM
Or the one where Gerry is supposedly going to buy all the teams IRL chassis's so they can run both series.

All I know is Vision is preparing 17 cars in their shop ... and only 6 are for their drivers.

mueber
02-17-08, 12:02 PM

Can anyone speculate for me, other than incompetence, why Champ Car would NOT issue a press release a day if they intended to carry on?

Until I hear otherwise, I assume it's over, and my Cleveland tickets will lapse.

Spicoli
02-17-08, 12:55 PM

I still stand by that. You watch, and unless some crazy assed miracle happens, it is just a matter of getting all the paperwork done.
You've become quite bitter these days. Its tough to face the truth sometimes, but that is clrearly the only thing that can set you free. face the truth.

CCWS is in the dump. At least we can admit that here without fear of losing our names in green.:tony:

Indy
02-17-08, 01:05 PM
Was it always the Bridgestone Indy Japan, or was it the Firestone Indy?

Indy
02-17-08, 01:06 PM
CCWS is in the dump. At least we can admit that here without fear of losing our names in green.:tony:

Didn't someone just get put on "moderation" status for that sort of thing? I am reporting your ass to the authorities. :laugh:

CQ
02-17-08, 01:13 PM
Can anyone speculate for me, other than incompetence, why Champ Car would NOT issue a press release a day if they intended to carry on?

Until I hear otherwise, I assume it's over, and my Cleveland tickets will lapse.

For the reasons KK already stated. Negotiations aren't finished.

Got to get all the ducks in row before they tell us how screwed we are.

:flame:

Racing Truth
02-17-08, 01:27 PM
For the reasons KK already stated. Negotiations aren't finished.

Got to get all the ducks in row before they tell us how screwed we are.

:flame:

But, in the end, we're still screwed, right?

Hesketh: Being facetious, I assume?

nrc
02-17-08, 01:58 PM
All I know is Vision is preparing 17 cars in their shop ... and only 6 are for their drivers.

Tony is going to need a lot of extra cars come May no matter what happens.

nrc
02-17-08, 01:59 PM
Didn't someone just get put on "moderation" status for that sort of thing? I am reporting your ass to the authorities. :laugh:Actually, no.

Jag_Warrior
02-17-08, 02:01 PM
Nope, try again.

How about the one where the cozzy's are going to replace Honda in the crapwagons? Or the one where Gerry is supposedly going to buy all the teams IRL chassis's so they can run both series.

The list goes on and on...such as Tony buying Champ Car and running the '08 season.

That's a winner.

They're also retrofitting a Honda in a DP-01.

They're also working on an equivalency formula so both cars can run together, before the DP-01 is adopted in 2009 or 2010.

They're also going to deliver a knockout punch to Tony when they flip-flop on his deal and cause Honda to abandon him. Then... then... then... the Three Amigos will spin back on him and buy the IRL (or what they want of it) and get IMS for a song. The sponsors and every Fortune 500 company in America will see what geniuses they are and line up to sponsor Champ Car.

Cocaine is a helluva drug.
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/9/94/I'm_RickJames_Bitch!.jpg

CQ
02-17-08, 02:54 PM
But, in the end, we're still screwed, right?

A. Right.

B. Yeah, Hesketh, you know this how? :trackwhorumref:

Tim
02-17-08, 02:59 PM
It's easier to take because we all knew this would happen eventually. It just got more unwatchable race by race to the point where I stopped watching after San Jose last year. If KK would have been president during WWII we'd all be speaking German.

G.
02-17-08, 03:22 PM
Without Honda money...bye bye IRL.

BS.

FTG will just have to spend more. History has shown that he will do it.

Money >>> brains

Indy
02-17-08, 03:28 PM
It's easier to take because we all knew this would happen eventually. It just got more unwatchable race by race to the point where I stopped watching after San Jose last year. If KK would have been president during WWII we'd all be speaking German.

Or Japanese.
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8316/g332701ga6.jpg

Indy
02-17-08, 03:45 PM

Woops.
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/1746/20kkchurchillsu2.jpg

Hesketh
02-17-08, 04:22 PM

No, not at all.

What's more, Ilmor is running an ad looking for more people, (which they would need to service additional cars, incidentally).

Hesketh
02-17-08, 04:23 PM
A. Right.

B. Yeah, Hesketh, you know this how? :trackwhorumref:

Guy from the shop had to go in there, saw it. I don't do trackforum, even to watch the loonies.

Spicoli
02-17-08, 05:53 PM
Guy from the shop had to go in there, saw it. I don't do trackforum, even to watch the loonies.

I believe you. What does the IRL have right now as far as confirmed rides this year - about 14? Prepping add'l cars just to make the 33 in May? Getting the lumps ready for us foreigner road racers @ Homestead?

Its gonna happen one way or another.

http://www.dannpecar.com/Bio/JamesMoloy.asp

You'll see this guy's ^ name very soon. For extra credit, who remembers him and what is his history with CCWS? :gomer:

dando
02-17-08, 06:11 PM
http://www.dannpecar.com/Bio/JamesMoloy.asp

You'll see this guy's ^ name very soon. For extra credit, who remembers him and what is his history with CCWS? :gomer:

Well, obviously he must have represented OWRS in Mr. Otte's court. Right?

http://www.fastmachines.com/archives/champ_car/001288.php

He's a chapter 11 expert, so it follows that he would be involved with any bankruptcy filings forthcoming from CCWS.

-Kevin

Spicoli
02-17-08, 07:40 PM
Well, obviously he must have represented OWRS in Mr. Otte's court. Right?

http://www.fastmachines.com/archives/champ_car/001288.php

He's a chapter 11 expert, so it follows that he would be involved with any bankruptcy filings forthcoming from CCWS.

-Kevin

Yep. Actually i have no idea if Jim willhandle it, but he did a great job last time, so - it only goes that logically he'd be the one to dissasemble it...

dando
02-17-08, 08:31 PM
Oreo's latest update:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=1&id=3250729

Constituents with a stake in American open-wheel racing are still waiting to see if the most advanced discussions to date between the Indy Racing League and the Champ Car World Series result in the two groups racing under one umbrella in 2008 and beyond.

High-level sources from both series confirmed to ESPN.com that negotiations continue. But with the IndyCar Series opener at Homestead-Miami Speedway only 41 days away, time is becoming a critical factor.

"If something is going to happen it will have to be soon," noted an emissary with inside knowledge of the talks.

Progress has been hampered by the fact that two of the key figures involved in the process have been or will be out of the country. IRL founder Tony George is expected to return to the U.S. Sunday from London, where he traveled to attend 2003 IndyCar Series champion Scott Dixon's wedding. Meanwhile, Champ Car co-principal Kevin Kalkhoven left for his own three-day trip to England on Sunday to attend a family function.

"We continue to see advantages in a merger with the IRL," Kalkhoven said prior to his departure. "Equally, we are quite happy to go it alone. At the moment, we're going Champ Car racing."

It is believed the two competing race series have reached an agreement in principle to work together and lawyers are toiling to hammer out the details for final approval. But several key issues, including the date for the IndyCar Series race at Twin Ring Motegi in Japan and the level of support that will be given to teams, remain unresolved.

Deal done next week is my bet.

-Kevin

TKGAngel
02-17-08, 08:54 PM
I'd be willing to bet that Tony doesn't return from London as expected, and he and KK sit down and hammer a deal out in the UK, away from leaks and the prying, presumptuous media.

Methanolandbrats
02-17-08, 09:57 PM
>>>"If something is going to happen it will have to be soon," noted an emissary with inside knowledge of the talks>>>>>

Well that settles it. Instead of logging on here I'm gonna subscribe to OK magazine. :gomer:

nrc
02-17-08, 10:55 PM
Wasn't KK supposed to be in Madagascar?

CQ
02-17-08, 11:17 PM

England for a family thingy.

dando
02-17-08, 11:24 PM

Madagascar, UK, Danicle's preggers....220, 221 whatever it takes.

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=221412&postcount=137

:gomer: :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

miatanut
02-18-08, 01:47 AM
They're also retrofitting a Honda in a DP-01.

They're also working on an equivalency formula so both cars can run together, before the DP-01 is adopted in 2009 or 2010.

They're also going to deliver a knockout punch to Tony when they flip-flop on his deal and cause Honda to abandon him. Then... then... then... the Three Amigos will spin back on him and buy the IRL (or what they want of it) and get IMS for a song. The sponsors and every Fortune 500 company in America will see what geniuses they are and line up to sponsor Champ Car.

Cocaine is a helluva drug.
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/9/94/I'm_RickJames_Bitch!.jpg
Three bananallamas for that! :thumbup:

G.
02-18-08, 01:57 AM
away from leaks and the prying, presumptuous media.
Worse than the media trying to cover Britney and Brangelina. Parasites.

:tony:

cart7
02-18-08, 06:29 AM
RM on Wind Tunnel last night

"I know nothing, I see nothing."

Nobody's talking to him. He thinks Walker knows.

If the merger fails he promises Despain he'll never cover OW again and become his stooge for Nascar.

Spicoli
02-18-08, 09:08 AM

Yes. Maybe he's going there after UK. maybe his plans changed. Maybe he lied.

maybe he's there now.

robot9000
02-18-08, 09:20 AM
Madagascar, UK, Danicle's preggers....220, 221 whatever it takes.

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=221412&postcount=137

-Kevin

:laugh: :laugh:

Spicoli
02-18-08, 09:24 AM
:laugh: :laugh:

maybe i should start a blog,,,:D

nissan gtp
02-18-08, 09:31 AM
Woops.
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/1746/20kkchurchillsu2.jpg

Tell you what, we'll just let the Germans (N-word, the other one, is censored :laugh: ) invade and take London. We'll be able to beat them easy because we can fight without going anywhere, whilst they have to cross the channel to get all their supplies :gomer: