PDA

View Full Version : the latest at this hour

Pages : [1] 2

Spicoli
02-12-08, 12:21 PM
Pi Research people are loading up at CCWS right now and KK's motorcoach is being loaded out of the garage.

:(

Sean Malone
02-12-08, 12:24 PM
So we won?:confused:

Methanolandbrats
02-12-08, 12:28 PM
Pi Research people are loading up at CCWS right now and KK's motorcoach is being loaded out of the garage.

:( We need a webcam

Spicoli
02-12-08, 12:30 PM
I have a quick stop d/t at the statehouse and then i will go out there and take some snaps.

Methanolandbrats
02-12-08, 12:33 PM
I have a quick stop d/t at the statehouse and then i will go out there and take some snaps.:thumbup:

Sean Malone
02-12-08, 12:41 PM
I have a quick stop d/t at the statehouse and then i will go out there and take some snaps.

Droppin' off lunch?

Hurry up, I took today off for this!!!!!!!!!:irked:

extramundane
02-12-08, 12:44 PM
We need a webcam

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/1442/kalknixonmb4.jpg

chop456
02-12-08, 12:44 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DagoFast
02-12-08, 12:45 PM
^^^^:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ^^^^

rosawendel
02-12-08, 12:52 PM
we need a hammer and/or socks, not necessarily in that order.

chop456
02-12-08, 01:04 PM
Because the USS Missouri deck scene was too labor-intensive:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2295/2260190841_ce76d6394a_o.jpg

Dr. Corkski
02-12-08, 01:06 PM
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/1442/kalknixonmb4.jpg:rofl: winnAr :rofl:

Padre
02-12-08, 01:10 PM
yeah, even I find that funny, extramundane! :thumbsup: ;) :cool:

Methanolandbrats
02-12-08, 01:14 PM
Because the USS Missouri deck scene was too labor-intensive:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2295/2260190841_ce76d6394a_o.jpg:rofl:

eiregosod
02-12-08, 01:15 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

RusH
02-12-08, 01:21 PM
Did they take the hammers with them when they left?

Indy
02-12-08, 01:28 PM
The hammers will be on sale at Key Liquidators on a date to be announced.

:gomerkarma:

Spicoli
02-12-08, 02:34 PM
not much to take a photo of. eerily quiet. waiting. waiting.

Methanolandbrats
02-12-08, 02:47 PM
not much to take a photo of. eerily quiet. waiting. waiting. Go back and knock on the door, it's time to get investigative.

KLang
02-12-08, 02:49 PM

Was your original post your own observation or something you read/heard?

Sean Malone
02-12-08, 02:51 PM
Go back and knock on the door, it's time to get investigative.

:rofl:

If you want something done right...:irked:

dando
02-12-08, 03:10 PM
:rofl:

If you want something done right...:irked:

Oh, go hit F5 some more. Mebbe you can post a pic of a horrible F5 accident later. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Gnam
02-12-08, 03:32 PM

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3836/ctu20waiting20roompa7.jpg

I hate this part.

Easy
02-12-08, 03:47 PM
Someone should post a pic of Ganassi's Wall O' Reynards and start a rumor that he, El Capitan, Rahal and Mikey are starting a new series for 2.65L Honda turbos with foreign road racing devil drivers the US 500 as its centerpiece to preserve the heritage of manufacturer funded open wheel racing in America.

Spicoli
02-12-08, 03:54 PM
staff meeting comin up. :shakehead

tic toc tic toc......

ferrarigod
02-12-08, 04:14 PM
poop on their lawn.

Spicoli
02-12-08, 04:27 PM
word is hitting the street right now it's over. time to drink up ladies.

ferrarigod
02-12-08, 04:29 PM
so is montegi moving? or are we racing separately until the bk? anyone have KK's plane GPS? I can't remember his tail number for flighttracker. Something like XXXXKK or the like. Motorhome leaves Indy, while the G550 is in Nagoya? I hear good things about the Yen....

Methanolandbrats
02-12-08, 04:29 PM
word is hitting the street right now it's over. time to drink up ladies. Get some quotes. Pretend you're a journalist, Robin Miller does and you're way smarter than him.

Chitowncartfreak
02-12-08, 04:30 PM

Well, if that is the case, mark the time and date - 1:30pm Denver time 2/12/2008 - the moment that my interest in open-wheel racing in America ended.

ferrarigod
02-12-08, 04:33 PM
Well, if that is the case, mark the time and date - 1:30pm Denver time 2/12/2008 - the moment that my interest in open-wheel racing in America ended.

2:30pm Gomer Time. At least use the local where your dreams died.

Chiphead_Dave
02-12-08, 04:36 PM
When the announced Laguna for this year I was seconds from getting tickets, booking a hotel, getting a rental car, getting plane tickets.

Now I am so glad I didn't.

The saddest part for me is that my kids were just getting into
loving watching the racing.

TravelGal
02-12-08, 04:36 PM
I believe it. But I still can't believe it.

He quit and left like a thief in the night.

12:30 (my time; why use theirs? I never gave a F about them) 2/12/08 RIP.

Ed_Severson
02-12-08, 04:37 PM

It's 3:30 in Indianapolis. :tony:

Chitowncartfreak
02-12-08, 04:39 PM

Good point - and I see someone already corrected your definition of Gomer time! :)

ferrarigod
02-12-08, 04:41 PM
It's 3:30 in Indianapolis. :tony:

oh I hate you guys. Indiana, where daylight savings goes to die.

I guess Champ Car goes to Indy for the same reason. :gomer:

Chitowncartfreak
02-12-08, 04:42 PM

I guess Champ Car goes to Indy for the same reason. :gomer:

I hear every company in Indiana still has 2 three-day offsite meetings every year to get a handle on this!

Easy
02-12-08, 04:44 PM
Damn. I was hoping for a full on meltdown at Cwaggen.

Elmo T
02-12-08, 04:45 PM
He quit and left like a thief in the night.

It's just good business...

http://z.about.com/d/kidstvmovies/1/0/R/9/beckett.jpg

Sad that I don't care more... :(

Wheel-Nut
02-12-08, 04:49 PM

I won't believe it until I see Bif post it!! :gomer: :tony:

Don Quixote
02-12-08, 04:51 PM
My life is changing
in so many ways
I don't know who
to trust anymore
There's a shadow running
thru my days
Like a beggar going
from door to door.

Spicoli
02-12-08, 04:53 PM
Srap.

Evidently SJ got up in fron of the class and told them 08 is on. repeat 08 is on. BOD meeting tomorrow, with a budget to be approved. Ziggy (not ours ) has quit, and he has no idea where these rumors are coming from.

At the same time, the PKV crews were told they are leaving CCWS for ICS for 08. Yes, 08.

So, wtf is going on?

Unka Gerra going it alone for 08? with Paulie & Pettit?

Oh, the drama......I cannot f'in believe this crap.

I have to go drinking and dancing tonight with my favorite lawyer because its VDay. out.

dando
02-12-08, 04:56 PM
Srap.

Evidently SJ got up in fron of the class and told them 08 is on. repeat 08 is on. BOD meeting tomorrow, with a budget to be approved. Ziggy (not ours ) has quit, and he has no idea where these rumors are coming from.

At the same time, the PKV crews were told they are leaving CCWS for ICS for 08. Yes, 08.

So, wtf is going on?

I have to go drinking and dancing tonight with my favorite lawyer because its VDay. out.

F'ed up x 11.

-Kevin

ferrarigod
02-12-08, 04:57 PM
So, wtf is going on?

Unka, Paulie and Pettit. Since Unka and Pettit are the only ones putting money up can we assume to leave Mr. Poledance at home?

Sean Malone
02-12-08, 04:59 PM
Srap.

So, wtf is going on?

PKV is going to NASCAR? Weird.

Val-day? I thought that was Thursday. :confused:

So no BK? ,,,,was right?

(shoots self in head) (after typing this)

G.
02-12-08, 05:02 PM
It's 3:30 in Indianapolis. :tony:Got job?

Ed_Severson
02-12-08, 05:09 PM
I stopped working there at the end of 2007. Was with an Atlantics team briefly ... team owner and I were on the verge of killing each other because he wouldn't allow me to do my job, so now I'm waiting for this **** to sort itself out so teams will start hiring again. :mad:

Elmo T
02-12-08, 05:13 PM
Are there ANY sane and or rational people running on open wheel racing? :rolleyes:

TravelGal
02-12-08, 05:18 PM
Are there ANY sane and or rational people running on open wheel racing? :rolleyes:

Beats me. I'm signing off until tomorrow. Can't stand this. Spikkly, you (##*&&^$)#*^ LOL

You're not supposed to say it's over until it's over.

I must be nuts too. Insane. I'm beginning to see humor in all this. But I'm not worried because I'm getting better and better every day. :gomer:

extramundane
02-12-08, 05:18 PM
I stopped working there at the end of 2007.

,,,, finally got you fired, eh?

Ed_Severson
02-12-08, 05:22 PM
,,,, finally got you fired, eh?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chitowncartfreak
02-12-08, 05:24 PM
Well what in the name of Joe Heitzler is going on here? Sounds like a lot of in-fighting in the house.

FTG
02-12-08, 05:37 PM
Can someone explain to me why waiting breathlessly for reports from some guy sitting in a parking lot isn't hilariously ridiculous, or am I just too uncool to see the obvious journalistic integrity in "Srap. Wtf is going on?"

Insomniac
02-12-08, 05:39 PM

We aren't saving daylight right now. ;)

cameraman
02-12-08, 05:39 PM
You'll grow old waiting for the "legitimate" media to cover this train wreck.

Insomniac
02-12-08, 05:40 PM
Srap.

So, wtf is going on?

So does KK keep his 45% stake or would he be selling to GF? I suppose it's poetic that they won't even be able to do this right. PG may "win" again. ;)

DagoFast
02-12-08, 05:48 PM
You'll grow old waiting for the "legitimate" media to cover this train wreck.

Yep. And if the hollywood writers weren't out on strike, nobody would believe this wasn't all just some wild made up tale. :rofl:

Best. Train. Wreck. Evar! :thumbup:

Spicoli
02-12-08, 05:52 PM
Can someone explain to me why waiting breathlessly for reports from some guy sitting in a parking lot isn't hilariously ridiculous, or am I just too uncool to see the obvious journalistic integrity in "Srap. Wtf is going on?"

you have,,,blieve,,,

TKGAngel
02-12-08, 05:59 PM
Does anyone else think a sixth grader with a Mad Libs book could do a better job with reporting the "news" coming out of Indy?

Tony George [verb][adjective] [noun] to the [noun] [adverb]. KK [adverb] [verb] and [verb] [noun] in 2008.

Wally
02-12-08, 06:01 PM
OK, so now Zig is gone.....:shakehead and with Cotman aleady earling they are going to run a season? Who will be race control...:confused:... pretending it matters.

Dirk Diggler
02-12-08, 06:06 PM
OK, so now Zig is gone.....:shakehead and with Cotman aleady earling they are going to run a season? Who will be race control...:confused:... pretending it matters.

http://www.willytribbs.com/images/INDY_RIBBS_HEADSHOT.jpg

Racing Truth
02-12-08, 06:33 PM
Srap.

So, wtf is going on?

Going on? With what, 8 cars? So, one of the guys that bought CC is going ICS NOW? And Unka, Petit, and Poledance think NHL and Walker will stay because...?

End it fellas, just end it.

BTW: RM apparently just confirmed all this, basically, on radio.

:gomer: :shakehead

Elmo T
02-12-08, 06:46 PM

OK - what did he confirm? My score card is a couple hours behind now... :saywhat:

DagoFast
02-12-08, 06:49 PM
Going on? With what, 8 cars? So, one of the guys that bought CC is going ICS NOW? And Unka, Petit, and Poledance think NHL and Walker will stay because...?

NOOoo!

Please, let it drag on! Just like a bad Mexican soap opera! :rofl:

Racing Truth
02-12-08, 06:49 PM
OK - what did he confirm? My score card is a couple hours behind now... :saywhat:

No BK, PKV thinking ICS/IRL, GF dumb enough to keep going.

nrc
02-12-08, 06:51 PM

Magic Bus, Magic Bus, Magic Bus, Magic Bus
I want it, I want it, I want it...(You can't have it!)
Think how much you'll save...(You can't have it!)]
I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it ... (You can't have it!)

Maybe KK came back with The Offer, Gerry said "No dice!" and KK says "well you can go on without me." Possibly given Pi Research to buy out his share?

Or maybe it's all just an effort to rally the troops and put on a brave face until TG signs the paperwork. He's been known to back out when he thinks things have turned in his favor before.

cart7
02-12-08, 06:52 PM
"Let's go out, in a blaze of glory. All good things must end"

I think they can go lower, how about you all? I hope when they're done everyone in OW will have to wear bags over their heads. W00t!! :tony:

nissan gtp
02-12-08, 06:54 PM
Crazy Gerry can say what he wants to, this thing is gonna fall apart.

Jack can be new chief steward

http://www.foxnews.com/images/286559/0_61_kevorkian_jack.jpg

beaner
02-12-08, 06:57 PM
Crazy Gerry can say what he wants to, this thing is gonna fall apart.

Jack can be new chief steward

http://www.foxnews.com/images/286559/0_61_kevorkian_jack.jpg

You wont feel a thing. Trust me.

cameraman
02-12-08, 07:05 PM
No BK, PKV thinking ICS/IRL, GF dumb enough to keep going.If he manages to get rid of Gentiloser & SJ he might actually be able to make a go if it:gomer:

mueber
02-12-08, 07:08 PM
Do you folks think Tony George is the cure? If Gerry can make it work, good on him.

My attitude is that no one in this sport is worthy of my admiration. If Gerry proves to be the exception, we all win. If nothing comes of it, I'm not going to hold trying against him.

The Doctor
02-12-08, 07:12 PM
With the way it looks now, they just need to pack up and go home. Forget trying to salvage something. Just ride quietly into the sunset and send the good stuff on its way to whatever series wants it.

Chitowncartfreak
02-12-08, 07:16 PM
Do you folks think Tony George is the cure? If Gerry can make it work, good on him.

My attitude is that no one in this sport is worthy of my admiration. If Gerry proves to be the exception, we all win. If nothing comes of it, I'm not going to hold trying against him.

GF is not a dumb businessman. If he thinks he can keep it going, as a fan, I'm glad he is trying. Without a PROPER merger, open wheel has nothing to gain. Even if it is a bare-bones effort, any ChampCar effort is potentially an obstacle for the .1RL with all of the issues they face with Honda, car count, etc. - assuming most of the current CC teams come along for the ride. Perhaps in time, FTG will realize that a true merger is what is needed - not a buyout. Easy for me to say since I have no financial skin in the game, but I'm at least glad that someone is willing to keep up the good fight.

robot9000
02-12-08, 07:17 PM
Gerry ? Um, hasn't he already had a crack at this Savior thingy?

How would he do any better than what he has done in the last 4 years?

Or is it all KK's fault now :rolleyes:

Jebus, this gets weirder and weirder :yuck:

mueber
02-12-08, 07:31 PM
GF is not a dumb businessman. If he thinks he can keep it going, as a fan, I'm glad he is trying. Without a PROPER merger, open wheel has nothing to gain. Even if it is a bare-bones effort, any ChampCar effort is potentially an obstacle for the .1RL with all of the issues they face with Honda, car count, etc. - assuming most of the current CC teams come along for the ride. Perhaps in time, FTG will realize that a true merger is what is needed - not a buyout. Easy for me to say since I have no financial skin in the game, but I'm at least glad that someone is willing to keep up the good fight.

I've spent plenty of money on tickets, trinkets, food, transport, lodging, etc. I probably have more "skin" in the game than Gentilozzi. And I bet you do too.

FTG
02-12-08, 07:34 PM
Looks like the one person emailing comma boy knew more than the one guy emailing Robin Miller. Looks like you guys might need to choose between TG or PG.

Chitowncartfreak
02-12-08, 07:34 PM
I've spent plenty of money on tickets, trinkets, food, transport, lodging, etc. I probably have more "skin" in the game then Genttilozzi. And, I bet, you do too.

Absolutely - I definitely have skin in the game when you take into account all the things you mentioned. I think we all do.

cameraman
02-12-08, 07:38 PM
I can't figure out how Forsythe could run something as large as the Indeck companies and be so inept at running CCWS. Just on a straight business school level CCWS has made idiotic decision after idiotic decision. We don't know who has been making the actual decisions for the last 4 years but it has been a running train wreck. Maybe, just maybe if one person, who isn't Gentiloser or SJ, runs ccws properly they might be able to build something but they sure have dug themselves one hell of a hole to start from.

You just have to :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

TravelGal
02-12-08, 07:44 PM
I can't figure out how Forsythe could run something as large as the Indeck companies and be so inept at running CCWS. Just on a straight business school level CCWS has made idiotic decision after idiotic decision. We don't know who has been making the actual decisions for the last 4 years but it has been a running train wreck. Maybe, just maybe if one person, who isn't Gentiloser or SJ, runs ccws properly they might be able to build something but they sure have dug themselves one hell of a hole to start from.

You just have to :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Agreed. But we've always known there was dissention in the ranks. Lots of rumors anyway. Didn't realize until recently that it was KK vs GF. I always thought it was PG and maybe Petit that were throwing sand in the gears.

Where's my popcorn? Or my tranquilizers? I can't take much more of this.

Gnam
02-12-08, 07:48 PM
rumors are fun!

Merger --> Takeover --> BK --> No Deal! --> KK out --> undead Champ Car lives?

Call me if they cancel Long Beach, or crapwagons are seen massing at the CA border. Othewise, save the drama for your mama. :)

pchall
02-12-08, 08:08 PM
Perhaps in time, FTG will realize that a true merger is what is needed - not a buyout.

With time and a lobotomy, perhaps.

apex
02-12-08, 08:32 PM
Agreed. But we've always known there was dissention in the ranks. Lots of rumors anyway. Didn't realize until recently that it was KK vs GF.

This has been festering for sometime and got to an untenable state.

Think about the fall of 2006

Think about Forsythe's Atlantic Program and sponsorship

Think about PKV's Livery for 2007

Think about why Gerald Forsythe was MIA during 2007 season.

extramundane
02-12-08, 08:34 PM
Can we start with the FKK yet? And does Paulie get promoted from Hall Monitor to Veep?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Boatdesigner
02-12-08, 08:50 PM
Do we think it is possible that someone has stepped forward to take over PKV's DP01's to keep the car count the same? Maybe Don Panoz (just to start a new rumor based on the old rumor about Elan reps being in Indy the other day)? He would seem to have a vested interest in the DP01 continuing to be built, not to mention very deep pockets.:\

extramundane
02-12-08, 08:56 PM
Do we think it is possible that someone has stepped forward to take over PKV's DP01's to keep the car count the same? Maybe Don Panoz (just to start a new rumor based on the old rumor about Elan reps being in Indy the other day)? He would seem to have a vested interest in the DP01 continuing to be built, not to mention very deep pockets.:\

Don Panoz doesn't seem to give a rat's ass about his own series these days, so I can't imagine he'd care about someone else's (his role as supplier notwithstanding).

RusH
02-12-08, 09:01 PM
Exactly, the merger is really between Don Panoz and Gerry. :D

Indy
02-12-08, 09:05 PM
Well, I don't know what the hell is going on, but compared to complete capitulation, if Jerry wants to make a go of it, I will be there as a fan. :cool:

Racing Truth
02-12-08, 09:09 PM

In a word, NO.

What if they ran a race and no cars, uh, raced? (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CAR_OPEN_WHEEL_MERGER?SITE=JRC&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT):gomer:

grungex
02-12-08, 09:10 PM
Well, I don't know what the hell is going on, but compared to complete capitulation, if Jerry wants to make a go of it, I will be there as a fan. :cool:

:thumbup:

robot9000
02-12-08, 09:11 PM
.... He would seem to have a vested interest in the DP01 continuing to be built, not to mention very deep pockets.:\

So he would buy them from himself :cool:

At least he won't pay a lot for shipping, lol

Rosco
02-12-08, 09:12 PM

:(

Why do you keep reporting the untruth, the Motorhome was not removed, KK's items were removed and placed in a storage trailer, Pi was removed, Ziggy went to AGR:D

Boatdesigner
02-12-08, 09:17 PM
So he would buy them from himself :cool:

At least he won't pay a lot for shipping, lol

By keeping the series afloat, he may find new buyers in the future. Sometimes you cut your losses, other times you invest a little more in the hope you will eventually get a return. Any other potential PKV buyers out there? As I said, just starting a rumor!:)

Ed_Severson
02-12-08, 09:18 PM
Can we start with the FKK yet?

You've been beaten to the punch! (http://champcarfanatics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1083777&postcount=44) :tony:

robot9000
02-12-08, 09:19 PM

So what, Gerry's been saving up some steller leadership till now? That guy couldn't lead senior citizens out of the mall. And if Poledance Paulie and the Paper crowd are part of the deal, I'll watch lawn mowers race.

FTG
02-12-08, 09:26 PM
If Poledance Paulie and the Paper crowd are part of the deal, I'll watch lawn mowers race.

I've always suspected that personal vendettas between Internet narcissists was more important than the racing to about 90% of the people who post here: probably why KK decided he couldn't turn the business around by putting on better races.

If GF is willing to dig into his pocket to pay for excellent racing, I don't give a **** whether he gives a hard card to Robin Miller or paper; their audience - and the amount they get paid to write about racing - is about the same size anyway.

Chitowncartfreak
02-12-08, 09:34 PM

As will I.

gerhard911
02-12-08, 09:52 PM

I would like to throw in with you guys but if there's only 12-14 cars on the grid it's gonna be tough. In any case I will not be following (let alone a fan of) the hirl. :irked:

Wally
02-12-08, 10:13 PM
Ziggy went to AGR:D

That sucks.....:shakehead At least there is someone for danicle to look down on now.:gomer:

JT265
02-12-08, 10:28 PM

I'd like to join this small and elite group. ALL INDECK!!! ALL THE TIME!!! :w00t:

:laugh:

ferrarigod
02-12-08, 10:35 PM
i've been gone since 430pm EST. is champ car dead yet?