PDA

View Full Version : Honda Racing League

TU Homer
02-11-08, 11:40 AM
I know I'm beating a dead horse. But the ironic poetry of Tony flying to Japan to ask if they will allow a unification of American Open Wheel racing is almost shocking.

What does Japan have to do with maintaining the greatness of the Indy500, or establishing a path for the short trackers, or preserving the American oval track races, or addressing the move toward foreign drivers, teams, and races? Yet, here we are. Begging Japanese business folks to allow Tony to restore AOW. Begging them to move their Japan race date to allow the Long Beach GP to go forward.

I'm not even touching on the obvious point of a comparitive study between the schedule of the 1994 season and the pending 2008/2009 schedules. I haven't been reading the boards lately, so I have to believe these types of comments to be commonplace, even over at TF.

If this comes together, I fully expect Tony George to start a competing league that addresses all the points he made back in 1994. His new league will eventually be called Indy Car Series, with Indy500 as it's centerpiece. If he doesn't, then what we all suspected is all true, TG just wanted control and it wasn't ever really about preservation of greatness.

FTG

-TU

Sean Malone
02-11-08, 11:48 AM
And this is in the Champ Car forum because...;)

eiregosod
02-11-08, 11:52 AM
Its the same players that involved in 2008 as it was in 1994. Except :tony: has spent a small fortune in acquiring control whereas the ex-CART team owners made bucketfulls of cash selling the CARt series to Wall St.

Honda does rule the roost at 16th & Jonestown and there aint a damned thing that :tony: can do otherwise. :tony: listened too much to Balestrre, Ecclestone, & France in the early 1990s and thought he was desined for grateness. The IRL engine spec is the very same F1 engine spec (3.5L NA V8) of the early 1990s. Who was it complaining about CART being too like F1? The very people who took the EARL to their bosoms.