http://popoffvalve.wordpress.com/

Thank you for reading.

Jag_Warrior
02-11-08, 12:02 AM
:thumbup:

Excellent piece!

KLang
02-11-08, 07:50 AM
Nope, FTG remains solely at the top of the list.

mueber
02-11-08, 08:34 AM
It's clearly over. KK and GF can't get 18 cars together for next season without spending a boat load of money, and they'll be no better off at the end of the season than at the beginning because they have some completely mismanaged the series as to have no crediability with any sponsor, participant or supplier who might otherwise be interested.

If I invest the time I spent during a typical summer on CART/Champ Car over the years on the lawn this summer, the neighbors are going to be pleased.

JT265
02-11-08, 09:02 AM
spot on Blogster! :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
02-11-08, 10:30 AM
spot on Blogster! :thumbup:

True.

But I think Indy may have overstated how many people care at all anymore.

nrc
02-11-08, 12:01 PM
I don't hate KK. He came in and saw what appeared to be a fixer-upper with tremendous upside. I think he just underestimated how much work was needed and his partners' willingness to set aside their own interests to make it happen.

Sometime last year he figured that out and decided that he wasn't going to pump his own money into something the Forsythe and Gentilozzi could wreck on a whim.

As much as I have supported Forsythe for being the prime mover in keeping Champ car alive this long, I think he has ultimately been the one to seal it's doom by refusing to see it as any more than a personal plaything.

mueber
02-11-08, 12:39 PM
I'm sad, but I don't hate anyone anymore. They aren't worth the effort.

Spicoli
02-11-08, 01:13 PM
I'm sad, but I don't hate anyone anymore. They aren't worth the effort.

Maybe, but I still hate TG and so should everyone here.

Dr. Corkski
02-11-08, 01:20 PM
I still hate Spicoli. :p

Sean Malone
02-11-08, 01:20 PM
Maybe, but I still hate TG and so should everyone here.

[nodding in agreement]

Ruben Barrios
02-11-08, 01:39 PM
Can't keep any business afloat fueled on hate alone...

Hate is inmature and serves only to self-destruct...

That said, screw everyone involved in the split... everyone...

robot9000
02-11-08, 02:23 PM
Indy, I don't share the same affection for Gerry. He is not an old time racing team owner. Yeah, hes been around longer than Kalkoven, but Penske, NewmanHass, Coyne, etc have been around longer than he has.

But aside from that, he has always seemed to be a spoiled rich guy that is used to having his own way.

Back in the franchise days, he wanted a 3rd (I forget the exact details, but I believe his reasonign was eveyone got 2 cause they were running 2 'cars/teams' and he had 3). He pissed and moaned and even threatened to go to the newly formed IRL. Yes, I remember that if nobody else does.

He bought CART stock as eveyone was bailing. Crazy or crazy like a fox? We all know now it was just crazy. But again, he seems to do what he wants with no reguard to what the lay of the land is. He seems oblivious to what is going on around him. Nor does he seem to care.

He almost made Carl Hass cry when SeaBass hit Tracy in Vegas. Like yelling at Carl is gonna do anything. Then threating to 'have something done about it' is just being a bully, which, I belive is Gerrys Modus Operendi - bully people using his power and influence.

Last year he pouted and went to a few races early on. He threw aside Servia like he was a nobody. He, or his people, email contract disputes (but not after firing most of his team. If you belive paper, its because they were all slacking loosers. Um, okay.) If you have a good team in place, you don't hire losers and/or you keep your good people honest and motivated. If you have to 'clean house' you did something wrong. Note the word YOU (as in GF/Nemic).

Sorry, GF doesn't get a pass here. Its as much his fault that CC failed as it is KK's. And if they can't make the season and have to bail to FTG, again, its his hand that was on the wheel too. If any teams (like, um, the entire Atlantics grid) has a problem due to the merger, I lay the blame squarely on KK, PG and GF.

They, together supposedly run the series, and shame on them if they didn't see the end draw near and tell everyone early on it was time to hit the lifeboats. Leaders lead. They are supposed to watch out for the good of the company - in this case the teams too.

No, if CC folds and ends up in the IRL, I will hate FTG first, but GF, PG and KK will still get honerable mentions.

Remember, they ONLY had to beat FTG !!

In cycling we have a saying, "When being chased by a dog, you don't have to be faster than the dog - just 1 friend." :p

But GF and Co have no friends anymore so the dog has caught them.

My pity meter is reading pretty low..