PDA

View Full Version : Concrete evidence the Vision* provides Opportunity*

JLMannin
05-13-03, 06:22 PM
I got a post card from IMS yesterday, hawking tickets for the US Grand Prix. Has Schumacher's car on the front. On the back: Note - I have added commentary - it is obvious :)

Have you ever dreamed of driving around an F1 circuit? You can on June 15th, 2003 when you purchase 4 tickets or more to the Unites States Grand Prix.

here is where the sprint car drivers can get thier opportunity*. Unlike the arrive and drive 500 this month, you don't have to come up with 400k to 600k to buy a ride. You can get the opportunity* to drive at Indy for far less.

Grand Race
See the legendary speed and technical sophistication of Formula One racing

Grand Place
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway, home of the Indy 500*, is known as the Racing Capital of the World* and considered to be racing's most hallowed ground.

An appeal to the place fans. We have alienated everyone else!

Grand Prix
Experience the glamour and celebration of this international event!

Come see the series that our lemming followers claim spawned the destruction of open wheel racing in America. After all, it was European fruitty-cuppers in their rear-engined cars and planted the evil seeds that became CART and pushed out deserving American drivers and necessated the installation of the Vision* and its subsequent revisions, revisions, revisions, revisions, revisions, revisions . . . . . . .

Tickets are available online at imstix.com or by callinf 800-822-INDY

BTW, seats available in just about every section and in every price range for the 500. But why be stupid and buy from us at full price? Just show up on race monring and buy tickets from the resellers at cents on the dollar. Oh, we forgot - even they gave up on the Vision* and stopped buying tickets.

I don't know how they got my address. Anybody else get it?

Napoleon
05-13-03, 06:27 PM
Yes I got it 3 or 4 days ago. I figure they either bought Racer's subscription list or the SCCA membership roll.

JLMannin
05-13-03, 06:35 PM
I thought maybe it was for Hoosiers only.

I get Racer and I am on the SpeedGear mailing list.

Napoleon
05-13-03, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by JLMannin
I am on the SpeedGear mailing list.

I am also.

JoeBob
05-13-03, 08:09 PM
I get Racer,I'm on the SpeedGear mailing list, and I get Automobile Magazine (free subscription) and I got 2 post cards (postmarked a day apart, with mailing labels that were obviously not from the same printer. Both were metered in Indy, but not by the same postage meter) (And I live in Minnesota, not exactly local to the track)

Cam
05-13-03, 09:45 PM
Speedgear is it! Thats the only list my boss is on and he got the card too...... Sheesh! :gomer:

Kate
05-14-03, 07:14 AM
They forgot to mention "See world famous drivers not recognized by more than 2% of Americans -- if you have powerful field glasses, since nobody without a seven figure bank balance or SAG card is allowed to come within a mile of an F1 driver!"

Also not mentioned: "See a race whose outcome was determined last November!"

JLMannin
05-14-03, 12:59 PM
2% is waaaaaaaaaay to high. I read an article once where Schumacher said he likes coming to the US because he could go out in public "like a normal person"

cart7
05-14-03, 01:04 PM
I got 2 cards as well and I suscribe to Racer as well as get Speedgear.