PDA

View Full Version : Will this change

Rosco
02-08-08, 10:37 PM
After an agreement becomes official, what will this place be called, maybe Indy Car enthusiast

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/Rossk/OffCamber.gif

Sean Malone
02-08-08, 11:40 PM
If Tony George is the head idiot there probably won't be an OffCamber, and who can blame them.

:thumbup:

KLang
02-08-08, 11:45 PM
I'm hopefull the community forum will survive.

I don't think the banner will change.

I also think 2008 will go on as planned. I'm not sure how many of us will care though.

Indy
02-08-08, 11:52 PM
If CC dies, then there will be no question that Indy Car is champ car.

RusH
02-08-08, 11:55 PM
This was discussed already.
It will continue.

Just don`t expect much chatter in this part of the forum.:gomer:

RaceGrrl
02-09-08, 12:29 AM
After an agreement becomes official, what will this place be called, maybe Indy Car enthusiast

Not. Gonna. Happen.

G.
02-09-08, 12:39 AM
Ross, NOT HERE! Stop this.

Not here.

CQ
02-09-08, 12:41 AM

Not a chance.

We're race fans.

:shakehead

SteveH
02-09-08, 01:30 AM
Not. Gonna. Happen.

thank you

OW
02-09-08, 01:33 AM
Roscoe.........GREAT POINT...

OC has Always been polite and reasonable....
I have said in elsewhere posts that OC will be gentlemanly the SUPERIOR OPEN MINDED place

All OC wants (as I have seen) is for the better of AOWR

CCF people are the lemmings

ENTHUSIAST .vs. FANATIC hmmm....

OC..Being a forum for the enthusiast...is MUCH different than being a CC Fanatic...

In Fact beeing a fanatic (to me) means you don't care about the long term of AOWR

pchall
02-09-08, 01:47 AM
I agree. They are too deep into 2008 already to do this funky merger thing without taking a major financial beating on the series ownership and team ownership levels, not to mention the Atlantics operations. 2008 unfolds as planned and something could be worked out to save FTG's ashes for 2009.

The only thing I could even see working for 2008 is an engine equivalency formula and an aero equivalency based on total undertray and wing downforce for the Dallara spec and the Panoz spec. In this age of rev limiters and air restrictors the former is doable and the later more problematic.

I'm hopefull the community forum will survive.

I don't think the banner will change.

I also think 2008 will go on as planned. I'm not sure how many of us will care though.

Gnam
02-09-08, 03:19 AM
What's an Indy Car?
Is it above or below Trucks on the NASCAR ladder?
:drop dead: :thumbup:

Spicoli
02-09-08, 04:02 AM
i'll agree to keepo calling you buttface.

gwt bck on the scotchYgen.

Insomniac
02-09-08, 09:35 AM
Not. Gonna. Happen.

I'd assume ChampCar = IndyCar minus any acknowledgment that TG exists. ;) (You know, for those who watch).

Insomniac
02-09-08, 09:40 AM
The only thing I could even see working for 2008 is an engine equivalency formula and an aero equivalency based on total undertray and wing downforce for the Dallara spec and the Panoz spec. In this age of rev limiters and air restrictors the former is doable and the later more problematic.

To slow down the DP01 to be more like a crapwagon, yuck! Hire a test driver and let him take both cars on track Thursday night/Friday morning and figure out what HP to drop the faster car to. On road courses, that would most likely mean the DP01 is better in turns, but slower on straights. That could result in passing. ;)

dando
02-09-08, 11:44 AM
To slow down the DP01 to be more like a crapwagon, yuck! Hire a test driver and let him take both cars on track Thursday night/Friday morning and figure out what HP to drop the faster car to. On road courses, that would most likely mean the DP01 is better in turns, but slower on straights. That could result in passing. ;)

The real issue is the DP on ovals. It's not been built for that, nor, as far as I know, has it been tested on ovals. A proper oval config could be a biotch.

-Kevin

dando
02-09-08, 11:46 AM

:irked: :mad: :saywhat:

Go stir up trouble in your own romper room, thank you. :gomer:

-Kevin

Insomniac
02-09-08, 12:43 PM
The real issue is the DP on ovals. It's not been built for that, nor, as far as I know, has it been tested on ovals. A proper oval config could be a biotch.

I find it hard to believe (as many would say to Maxwell Smart) that the DP01 can't run on ovals. If they were making a road course only chassis it's way more heavy than it needed to be.

Andrew Longman
02-09-08, 01:13 PM
I find it hard to believe (as many would say to Maxwell Smart) that the DP01 can't run on ovals. If they were making a road course only chassis it's way more heavy than it needed to be.

Agreed. Almost certainly needs a different wing and spring/shock package, maybe tunnel blockers, maybe a different nose. I wouldn't be shocked if it was already designed.

nrc
02-09-08, 01:30 PM
I seem to recall that Milwaukee was still on the schedule during the time the DP01 was being designed. I'd be shocked if the car weren't just fine for ovals. Unfortunately it probably wouln't be practical to come up with enough DP01 and add an oval package and get it to all the teams in time for the season.

Of course no open wheel car should be flat footing around high banked ovals, but that's another discussion.

dando
02-09-08, 01:44 PM

I didn't say it couldn't, but rather it would require more development to prepare it for ovals. Such that it prolly wouldn't be practical for the '08 season. As far as we know, there hasn't been any significant testing, if any at all, of the DP on ovals. And yes, to Richard's point, Milwaukee was on the schedule while the DP was in development, but it was clear by the time the DP was rolled out that Milwaukee was gone. It would be foolish not to make it capable of running on ovals, not that this band of geniuses isn't capable of such folly. Detuning one or the other for road/street courses is far simpler, IMO.

-Kevin

Rosco
02-09-08, 02:06 PM
OC will be a good place for fans to talk racing, the control here is great, I really do appreciate the loyalty all of you have for Champ Car, in case a deal is worked out between the 2 series, I would recommend that OC keeps Champ Cars as their motto, I grew up knowing that Champ Cars raced on the larger tracks, only thing missing from my youth is the dirt races, any time the word Champ Car was mentioned you knew that they were talking about Indy Cars

Now if it does happen we just might see some different Chassis and Engine manufactures involved, this is needed, a change would be better than what they have now, Turbo, Turbo, Turbo

Insomniac
02-09-08, 02:08 PM
OK, I guess we all agree the DP01 could run on ovals, just not the brightest idea to toss them out there and see what happens. ;)

CQ
02-09-08, 02:11 PM

-Kevin

Agreed. Almost certainly needs a different wing and spring/shock package, maybe tunnel blockers, maybe a different nose. I wouldn't be shocked if it was already designed.

Yup. Chassis is just fine for ovals. Teams didn't want to invest in the roundy-round package for one race. I doubt Panoz has ever made one.

Andrew Longman
02-09-08, 02:19 PM
I seem to recall that Milwaukee was still on the schedule during the time the DP01 was being designed...

At the time the DP01 was launched they said nothing about its oval worthiness, but in a Racer article about the design objectives published when RFPs went out to chassis makers they said that it should be designed with ovals in mind.

Sorry, looked but no link.

eiregosod
02-09-08, 02:26 PM

thanks for your concern.

dando
02-09-08, 03:46 PM
OK, I guess we all agree the DP01 could run on ovals, just not the brightest idea to toss them out there and see what happens. ;)

Unless Danicle is the test pilot. :D ;)

-Kevin

Jag_Warrior
02-09-08, 09:17 PM
Unless Danicle is the test pilot. :D ;)

-Kevin

The only good news out of this sorry end to a (once) great series, that over-hyped hack will never win a race with this increase in competition! :irked:

zr750
02-11-08, 02:48 AM
The only good news out of this sorry end to a (once) great series, that over-hyped hack will never win a race with this increase in competition! :irked:

Now that is what I call a silver lining to a very dark cloud.:yuck:

Rogue Leader
02-11-08, 08:43 AM

That should be entertaining... Whine-ette tangling with Paul Tracy will be hilarious. She will come stomping over to the Forsythe pits and he will punch her teeth out. :D

TravelGal
02-11-08, 02:42 PM
It occurs to me that, even if the agreement is signed, we will still be Champ Car enthusiasts. It won't change *us.*

patski
02-11-08, 04:44 PM
At the time the DP01 was launched they said nothing about its oval worthiness, but in a Racer article about the design objectives published when RFPs went out to chassis makers they said that it should be designed with ovals in mind.

Sorry, looked but no link.

At the Fan Forum at Elkhart Lake, Steve Elkins stated in front of approx 500 Champ Car Fans that the DP01 HAD been designed with ovals in mind.