PDA

View Full Version : ALMS Aston Martin

Accipiter
01-28-08, 07:40 PM
ALMS: Bell Motorsports Launches GT1 Effort With Aston Martin DBR9 For 2008 Season
Written by: ALMS Media Sebring, Florida – 1/28/2008

Veteran sports car entrant Jim Bell and businessman Michael Fux announced today a new GT1 program with an Aston Martin DBR9 in the American Le Mans Series. The move will see Miami-based Bell Motorsports going head-to-head against stalwart Corvette Racing, which has won seven consecutive class championships.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/alms/42768/

So at least the Vette's won't be alone this year.

Redwing
01-28-08, 07:44 PM
So at least the Vette's won't be alone this year.

...at least, not on the entry list.

Sean O'Gorman
01-28-08, 07:59 PM
What a last name.

Rob
01-28-08, 08:51 PM
Gee, I wonder why they decided to call it Bell Motorsports...

Here's irony for you:
Mr. Michael Fux is a semi-retired businessman who founded Sleep Innovations, a company that specializes in memory-foam mattresses, pillows and mattress toppers.

cameraman
01-28-08, 09:04 PM
Hmmmm. I wonder if they will make it past Sebring.

extramundane
01-28-08, 09:08 PM
Hmmmm. I wonder if they will make it past Sebring.

Aside from not filling up the 3rd step on the podium, I doubt anyone would notice if they don't.

Indy
01-28-08, 10:14 PM
Long u? :rofl:

extramundane
01-28-08, 11:42 PM
Upon further reflection, this is my new favorite team in all of motorsport, especially if they suck. If I make it to Road America, I'll have FUX Racing hats for everyone.

pchall
01-29-08, 12:10 AM
Long u? :rofl:

Fux could be one of those really messed up Ellis Island transliterations by ignorant immigration officials. Fuchs would be the German name in all likelihood.

Redwing
01-29-08, 01:15 AM
Fux could be one of those really messed up Ellis Island transliterations by ignorant immigration officials. Fuchs would be the German name in all likelihood.

I heard it was completely screwed up at Ellis Island. The original German surname was Schitz.

Dirk Diggler
01-29-08, 02:44 AM
"Mr. Michael Fux is a semi-retired businessman who founded Sleep Innovations, a company that specializes in memory-foam mattresses, pillows and mattress toppers."

Fux Mattreesses is how I would have gone with that.

G.
01-29-08, 03:44 PM
Back on topic, this is great news.

I thought that Aston M. took it down to the wire (I think) two years ago. It was real close btw them and the Vettes. Srsly.

(I saw it in some article I was reading while at the Boutique getting my hair and nails done.:gomer: )

TrueBrit
01-29-08, 04:14 PM
Good news indeed!!

Hopefully the Maserati will be back as well..holy crap...three marques in one class?:eek: ;) :D

extramundane
01-29-08, 04:46 PM
I thought that Aston M. took it down to the wire (I think) two years ago. It was real close btw them and the Vettes. Srsly.

The factory team, with factory drivers and ALMS weight-breaks took it down to the wire. I don't have high expectations for the Bell/Fux team.

Hopefully the Maserati will be back as well..holy crap...three marques in one class?:eek: ;) :D

Fredy Lienhardt's got a new toy (RS Spyder), so he's very unlikely to run the Maserati again. Some rumors about a Saleen or two, though, but then that seems to be the case every year.

TrueBrit
01-29-08, 04:52 PM
I'm just happy they're going to race one...

Saleens would be mega-cool too...

Easy
01-29-08, 08:37 PM
Fredy Lienhardt's got a new toy (RS Spyder), so he's very unlikely to run the Maserati again. Some rumors about a Saleen or two, though, but then that seems to be the case every year.

Any word on what Tracy Krohn did with his Lamborghinis? Besides bend the frame on one..

cameraman
01-29-08, 09:07 PM
double post - can't type and all....

cameraman
01-29-08, 09:08 PM
I think they went back to Lamborghini when that whole factory support agreement fell apart.

extramundane
01-29-08, 09:09 PM
Any word on what Tracy Krohn did with his Lamborghinis? Besides bend the frame on one..

One was in TRG's shop at one point. I believe the other one had to be destroyed when the suck wouldn't scrub out.