PDA

View Full Version : Perera deal on hold

Spicoli
01-28-08, 09:46 AM
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/champcar/news/159094-0/content.html

"Champ Car has informed all the teams and Franck's management, CJMotorsport, that it will not be passing along the prize money to Franck," Crash.net was told, "However, despite knowing this, three teams still made offers to Franck last week, including Walker, Conquest and Forsythe again.

:thumdown: :shakehead :thumdown:

:weak sauce:

chop456
01-28-08, 09:51 AM
Apparently they're not legally required to do so. Doesn't mean they shouldn't. He'll end up in a subsidized ride anyway.

Indy
01-28-08, 09:57 AM
This is going to be the bestest season ever!

Andrew Longman
01-28-08, 01:06 PM
...so Conquest seems to have the clear advantage. Franck seems closest to finalising a deal with them, which should be announced this week, but, obviously, with the drama and upsets at Champ Car in the last two weeks, things have yet again been postponed as the teams themselves struggle with the changes and future of Champ Car.

That makes no sense, in a literary sense.

Either they will announce it or they won't.

Conquest has Opus Prime money so they can pay him (or at least give him a ride). Walker not so. Forsythe can if he wants to. So unless Forsythe offers a better deal, he'll go to Conquest.

What does Cottman have anything to do with it? What other "changes" have anythng to do with it? RM writes a column and everybody's plans go up in the air? BS journalism.

G.
01-28-08, 01:44 PM
I saw somewhere, on the web, prolly ccf, that Matos and his agent figured out how to TAKE the 2 Large over to the IPS, and CC lawyers were scrambling to close the loophole.

It sounded bush-league enough to be true.

Anyone?

Andrew Longman
01-28-08, 01:52 PM
Doubtful since the $2 large was not in cash but "in kind" services and supplies. I take it that means a discount on engine leases, tires, electronics, etc.

That stuff isn't likely exactly compatable with and IPS car.

nrc
01-28-08, 10:28 PM
I'd like to see another Atlantic grad in the field but it might be better to take the money and guarantee the next champion 4 million over two seasons.

DagoFast
01-28-08, 11:29 PM
I'd like to see another Atlantic grad in the field but it might be better to take the money and guarantee the next champion 4 million over two seasons.

:rofl: Run faster donkey! Can't you smell that carrot? Its right there in front of your nose!

Insomniac
01-29-08, 09:42 AM

How about guaranteeing a seat with a team (named now) for the following season?