PDA

View Full Version : Carl Banks Q

Andrew Longman
01-26-08, 01:03 PM
I listened to Carl Banks talk on the radio yesterday talk about the chatter going back and forth of Giants and Pats being "dirty players"

He admitted that in the Bills Super Bowl, he hit Reed so hard he was trying to break his hip, but still considered it a clean hit.

Carl was never a trash talker. He never talked at all to the other team, but he would get pissed enough to shut people up. He told a story about a yappy rookie running back who wouldn't shut up. So when he got his chance tackled him hard around the knees and blew one out. It was a legal hit so he didn't consider it "dirty", just vengeful. He wouldn't say who it was but he said the back was never the same.

So, do recall Banks playing against your team, either as a Giant, Skin or Brown and taking out your star rookie running back?

I guess I would know better how I feel about his comments if I knew who it was. I played for a lot of years, mostly as a lineman and I rarely/never played a completely legal game and I absolutely didn't care if I hurt anyone, but I don't think I ever deliberately tried to take someone out of the game.

Sean Malone
01-26-08, 01:51 PM
Don't know 'bout Banks, but read Bill Romanowski's autobiography. He admits to trying to poke guys eyes out, biting finger almost off, stepping on guys hands as hard as he could. He was a messed up dood.

Andrew Longman
01-26-08, 04:25 PM
Romo also was eventually caught roiding up, wasn't he? Might explain it. Spit on someone too IIRC.

Bank wanted to hit you so hard you stopped breathing

chop456
01-27-08, 08:45 AM
Romo also was eventually caught roiding up, wasn't he? Might explain it. Spit on someone too IIRC.

Romanowski spit on J.J. Stokes.

Vrabel's trip on Rivers was pretty sweet, too. :gomer:

Insomniac
01-27-08, 03:00 PM

He broke Dave Megget's finger in a pile too.

Insomniac
01-27-08, 03:01 PM
I think Strahan put it best. Everyone is dirty.

Watch people tackle. Many are always going low instead of trying to wrap people up. It seems their is a line between trying to injure someone and doing something you know may injure someone but is still clean.