PDA

View Full Version : PCM Atlantics at Universal City Walk Jan 30

TravelGal
01-26-08, 02:17 AM
PCM got the Long Beach GP to send its ticket holders invites to the press conference at the Hard Rock Cafe at Universal this Wednesday. If it isn't raining a ton, TravelGuy and I will probably go. I like the City Walk. Although we'll probably eat at Bubba Gumps. ;) Anyone else going, PM me if you want to meet up.

indyfan31
01-26-08, 03:14 AM
PCM got the Long Beach GP to send its ticket holders invites to the press conference at the Hard Rock Cafe at Universal this Wednesday. If it isn't raining a ton, TravelGuy and I will probably go. I like the City Walk. Although we'll probably eat at Bubba Gumps. ;) Anyone else going, PM me if you want to meet up.

Where's Bubba Gumps?

Gnam
01-26-08, 03:28 AM
I don't want to rain on your parade, TravelGal. :rimshot:

...but it could be just an Atlantics deal. Hard Rock event description (http://www.champcarfanatics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1071502&postcount=60)
I hope it's not accurate. :)

indyfan31
01-26-08, 02:14 PM

...but it could be just an Atlantics deal. Hard Rock event description (http://www.champcarfanatics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1071502&postcount=60)
From the looks of the "ticket", that's pretty much what I assumed.

pchall
01-26-08, 05:21 PM
Sort of makes me think that Vicki O'Connor should be running the big car show as well as Atlantics.

cameraman
01-26-08, 05:52 PM
That has been true for a few years now. How they can get the Atlantics right and ccws so wrong at the same time is stunning.

TravelGal
01-26-08, 08:41 PM

No rain. Don't worry; be happy. Don't mean to POUR it on but if you'll read the thread title, I was rather expecting Atlantics only.

Bubba Gump's is in the City Walk. Don't know how long it's been since you've been there Indyfan31 but when we went last summer after not having been in several years, we were bowled over by how big it is now.

I can tell you in two words how PCM gets it so well: Katie Brannan. Hoping to see her there. :)

indyfan31
01-26-08, 10:57 PM
I can only imagine TravelGal, the last time I was there was literally the week it opened. EVERYTHING was overpriced, so I never went back.
However, depending on prior commitments and the traffic between Alhambra and Universal City, Mrs. IF31 and I might make an evening of it.

RHR_Fan
01-26-08, 11:50 PM
No rain. Don't worry; be happy. Don't mean to POUR it on but if you'll read the thread title, I was rather expecting Atlantics only.

Bubba Gump's is in the City Walk. Don't know how long it's been since you've been there Indyfan31 but when we went last summer after not having been in several years, we were bowled over by how big it is now.

I can tell you in two words how PCM gets it so well: Katie Brannan. Hoping to see her there. :)

One of the nicest and most genuine and helpful people in all of motorsports. Bless her heart.

~Nicole

TravelGal
01-27-08, 04:20 AM
One of the nicest and most genuine and helpful people in all of motorsports. Bless her heart.

~Nicole

Totally agree. Anyone who knows her is the richer for it.

Dr. Corkski
01-28-08, 05:58 PM
Totally agree. Anyone who knows her is the richer for it.I don't know about richer, IIRC every team she worked for from 99-03 folded at the end of the season.

JT265
01-29-08, 12:46 PM
I don't know about richer, IIRC every team she worked for from 99-03 folded at the end of the season.

:eek: :laugh:

TravelGal
01-30-08, 02:19 AM
I don't know about richer, IIRC every team she worked for from 99-03 folded at the end of the season.

:eek: :laugh:

:laugh:

Does that mean she got out just in time? Jumped the sinking ship? Knew when to fold 'em? :D

I'm wondering if she's going to be the rumored new PR head. Given your comment, how ominous is THAT?!!!! LOL.

indyfan31
01-30-08, 10:58 AM
Well, it's looks like I'm out for tonight. that's too bad, 'cause I've never been to one of these things and I was kinda curious.

TravelGal
01-31-08, 12:57 AM
Sorry to read that because we missed it also. TravelGuy came down with a bad cold yesterday, which is still getting worse. Something about planting a flat of winter flowers and fixing a tiny leak in the roof in the cold and wet weather over the weekend. We didn't think that standing around in 40 degree weather would do much for it.

Gnam
01-31-08, 05:25 AM
Live. Local. Latebreaking. (http://www.champcarfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1074534#post1074534)

PCM goes Hollywood. [/champcar.ws]
PCM grows up: Four Car SUPER Team! [/pollyanna]
PCM... [/sillypony]
PCM launches Atlantic program as Champ Car sinks. Tony still A#1! [/miller] :gomer:

TravelGal
01-31-08, 02:25 PM
^^^^ :D But do you notice that the same thing is happening in the Hurl? Feeder series getting stronger while the parent shrivels?