PDA

View Full Version : Michael Andretti selling his house for $3.4mil

Audi_A4
01-20-08, 10:23 AM
http://lvarmls.rapmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi.dll?APPNAME=Lehigh&PRGNAME=MLSPropertyDetail&ARGUMENTS=-N319080848,-N172657,-N,-A,-N0

Methanolandbrats
01-20-08, 10:31 AM
What a gaudy ****hole. Just because you have cash does'nt mean you have taste. Did CART fans buy him that house :mad: , or was it post treason and bought by FTG and Honda?

trish
01-20-08, 10:53 AM
The house will have to be torn down. Is the land worth $3.4 mill? If I had the money, I'd buy a cheap condo in NYC.

RTKar
01-20-08, 11:38 AM
:laugh: Godawful hovel....Trailer trash with money.

Andrew Longman
01-20-08, 11:39 AM
What a gaudy ****hole. Just because you have cash does'nt mean you have taste. Did CART fans buy him that house :mad: , or was it post treason and bought by FTG and Honda?

It was built in 1986. Has a lot of Sandy's influence I suspect. Right next door to Papa's house, which is much classier, if you think Italian mediterranean styling belongs in the Lehigh Valley.

Interesting that he's moving, and away from Papa's house. I wonder what that's all about. And I wonder where he's moving. Downsizing now that Marco's grown up? ;)

Maybe its the electric heat. Heating 12000+ square feet by electric in the NE is unheard of. Maybe he can't afford it anymore.

I wonder who will buy it too. A house that expensive (and ugly) has very few buyers in the Lehigh Valley. Its not like you can afford a house like that no matter what job you have down at the cement plant or Nestle distribution warehouse.

BTW, if you ever want to visit the Andretti's home's take a tour of the Martin Guitar factory just down the street. Very cool.

Methanolandbrats
01-20-08, 11:59 AM
It was built in 1986. Has a lot of Sandy's influence I suspect....
BTW, if you ever want to visit the Andretti's home's take a tour of the Martin Guitar factory just down the street. Very cool.

Sandy's influence, that explains a lot, where's the huge walk in hat closet?

BTW, I have never had the urge to tour anything Andretti, probably won't unless I take up arson as a hobby. Guitar factory sound neat though.

nrc
01-20-08, 01:36 PM
Maybe he's moving in to Michael Vic's old place.

Poppa should buy it and plow the whole thing under as a disgrace to the Andretti name.

trish
01-20-08, 01:43 PM
Anyone notice who the agent is?

Sean Malone
01-20-08, 01:55 PM
Is he selling it back to Olive Garden?

dando
01-20-08, 02:30 PM
My Lord that this is hideous. About the only piece worth keeping was the master closet. :saywhat: :yuck: x 11

-Kevin

Rob
01-20-08, 02:40 PM
Hey look, it's Shangri-Waah!

TKGAngel
01-20-08, 02:48 PM
For a house that housed a family with three kids, it doesn't look very kiddie friendly.

One of the bedrooms has what appears to be a tanning bed (photo #22).

I think that master bedroom closet is bigger than my bedroom now. :cry:

High Sided
01-20-08, 03:04 PM
i never knew michael was gay :yuck: :gomer:

Dirk Diggler
01-20-08, 03:30 PM
Portland residents - imagine living inside the The Spaghetti Factory.

Spicoli
01-20-08, 03:52 PM
white trash is the correct term.

Mikey? you're a ****ing piece of garbage. There's a special place in hellfor you you worthless piece of ****.

There. I feel better now. :)

pchall
01-20-08, 06:15 PM

That monstrosity was built by Mikey and Sandy around 1987 I believe.

Elmo T
01-20-08, 06:26 PM
Flipping through those pictures is like an episode of MTV Cribs - with more bling.

We've got some pricey homes in the Central Bucks County area here, but that home/property is not the norm up there. Given some of the new homes I've done inspections in here, that place + property might actually be a bargain at $3 mill.

Buy it - level it - subdivide to three 3.3 acre lots - and build 3 McMansions. :thumbup:

rabbit
01-20-08, 09:10 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=471+Rose+Inn+Ave,+Nazareth,+PA+18064,+USA&ie=UTF8&ll=40.762729,-75.302047&spn=0.001,0.002511&t=h&z=19&om=0

cameraman
01-21-08, 03:31 AM
Tasteless taken to the extreme. Wow.

Dirk Diggler
01-21-08, 03:55 AM
"Well mom, remember my dream of owning a big house on a hill and how I used to wish for a living room with a plaster lion in it from Mexico and how I always wanted a large twenty four seat dining table in a dining room with original oil paintings by Michelangelo and Rembrandt and remember how I always wanted a rotating bed with pink chiffon and zebra stripes and remember how I used to **** chat with dad about always wanting a bathtub shaped like a clam and an office with orange and white stripes and remember how much I wanted an all red billiard room with a giant stuffed camel and how I wanted a disco room with my own disco dancers and a party room with fancy friends and remember how much I wanted a big backyard with Grecian statues, s-shaped hedges and three swimming pools? Well, I got that too."

Dirk Diggler
01-21-08, 03:56 AM
You edit "c-h-i-t?"
:irked:

emjaya
01-21-08, 09:17 AM
I like the dome. I don't like anything else on or in the the place, but I like that dome.

:gomer: :D

Dvdb
01-21-08, 11:08 AM
Hey, it's got a bidet!!!

Gaudy decorating.

TrueBrit
01-21-08, 03:59 PM
I thought judging by the comments that it was just a case of piling on Whinedretti the Lesser....then I saw the pictures....Good God Almighty that is atrocious...absolutely hideous...half-assed Olive Garden meets Wal-Mart millionaire...No wonder his ex-wife hated Europe when Jr was in F-1...it didn't hold a candle to what they had created in PA...:rolleyes:

Spicoli
01-21-08, 05:05 PM
I thought judging by the comments that it was just a case of piling on Whinedretti the Lesser....then I saw the pictures....Good God Almighty that is atrocious...absolutely hideous...half-assed Olive Garden meets Wal-Mart millionaire...No wonder his ex-wife hated Europe when Jr was in F-1...it didn't hold a candle to what they had created in PA...:rolleyes:

that's a funny description. :laugh:

Actually, of all people on the board, I'd a thought you'd like that house. Snobby, tacky, underappreciated, whiney, empty......

sorry man, had to do it. :D

TrueBrit
01-21-08, 09:25 PM
that's a funny description. :laugh:

Actually, of all people on the board, I'd a thought you'd like that house. Snobby, tacky, underappreciated, whiney, empty......

sorry man, had to do it. :D

"Snobby, tacky, underappreciated, whiney, empty"....niiiiiiiiice!!

:D :laugh:

Methanolandbrats
01-21-08, 09:34 PM
Hey, it's got a bidet!!!

Mikey had that installed after he bent over for Honda.

Winston Wolfe
01-22-08, 11:55 PM
the only buyer for that house died a few years ago......

except for the pseudo golf course, Liberace would have loved that place !:D

what a filthy display of no talent decorating. Its basically a tear down, and with the economy the way it is, I cant imagine who would buy it.

The property taxes were only $35,000 per year. Not bad for a 10 acre place with a 12,00 sf place on it. I guess you get a tax break if you take all of the bad art pieces out of the wreckage of a museum fire....

RacinM3
01-23-08, 12:35 AM
Keep the closet? Forget that....demo everything except that 6 car garage!

greenie
01-23-08, 12:49 AM
Remember the Champ Car little 30 minute shows on Speed (I think) where Vasser was featured w/his golf course condo and the gas powered blender?

Vasser's setup > Mikey's house of tactlessness

And as an aside, those were the days when there were 30 minute promos. Now two of them back to back = Champ Car's race coverage. Suckage alarm! :gomer:

JohnHKart
01-23-08, 02:15 PM
http://lvarmls.rapmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi.dll?APPNAME=Lehigh&PRGNAME=MLSPropertyDetail&ARGUMENTS=-N319080848,-N172657,-N,-A,-N0

I don't need to click the link, (if this is his house in Naz). I've seen it on various sidebars over the years. It's definitely the ugliest house I've ever seen, and I've always thought that for many years, way before this thread. It sure made me think what the hell was wrong with Michael's taste. It does look like a nice property from the air, I recently was checking it out on Google Earth.

John

dando
01-23-08, 02:38 PM
Keep the closet? Forget that....demo everything except that 6 car garage!

My point was that was the only part of the house the exhibited any semblence of taste, not the function of the garage. Of course, there aren't any pics of the inside of the garage (IIRC), so for all we know it could be painted pink. :gomer:

-Kevin

Audi_A4
01-24-08, 12:44 PM
Money does not buy taste or style

eiregosod
01-24-08, 01:52 PM
Money does not buy taste or style

he's no deMedici

chop456
01-24-08, 02:44 PM
he's no deMedici

He does remind me of a Catherine, but it's Catherine the Great.

:whinney: