PDA

View Full Version : I've Invested too Much in this Series...

Sean Malone
01-18-08, 05:25 PM
You will listen to me! LISTEN! The other forums will still be looking to us, OffCamber, to lead, and what will they see? Frightened bilge rats following a sinking ship? No, no they will see true Champ Car fans! And what the IRL will see, they will see the number of our posts, and they will read the many words we write, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the Champ Car Banner!

,,,or Not. You're choice. :)

Signed,

Looking forward to 1 hour highlight shows.

Ripped
01-18-08, 05:27 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/2eelbpd.jpg

Don Quixote
01-18-08, 05:37 PM
Neidmeyer ... dead!

Methanolandbrats
01-18-08, 05:48 PM
http://www.giladorigami.com/P_Car_Gimeno.JPG

OW
01-18-08, 11:16 PM
Its January

Sean Malone
01-18-08, 11:26 PM
Its January

With 3 drivers confirmed, no sponsorship, an announcment of three taped highlights shows instead of the race, Tony Cotman leaving, drivers leaving...

Testing starts in a few weeks...cant' wait 'til Long Beach...Should I make hotel arrangements now or wait until the day of the race?

RHR_Fan
01-19-08, 12:58 AM
Its January

And it's quite freaking cold too!

RusH
01-19-08, 01:03 AM
LOL

Time to reflect on what is really important..seriusly:saywhat:

greenie
01-19-08, 02:12 AM
And it's quite freaking cold too!

Where you're at it's beyond cold - I don't know how ya'll do it. (My guess is a lot of booze :D )

On topic, I'll go with "or not."

The cult-like thing that some have about "working hard for the series" or whatever ignores the fact that Champ Car is optional entertainment. That's why the cheerleaders for the current management don't get it and never will. That, and they are agenda pushers.

My fave is the excuse for the 1 hr highlight shows as being good because it will draw more viewers. To what, another 1 hour highlight or a tape delayed race?

I wonder what part of that was in the vaunted 5 yr business plan?

FUBAR - Bury the series - it was over years ago anyway.

Dr. Corkski
01-19-08, 03:28 AM
Here I was expecting a thread about a Paul Gentilozzi quote. :tony:

Elmo T
01-19-08, 05:21 PM
By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the Champ Car Banner!

http://ruthlessreviews.com/pics4/patton1.jpg

dando
01-19-08, 05:27 PM
It's over, but I'll watch as long as the ship is still floating. But I will never pay one cent for an event sanctioned by FTG. Ever. :flame:

-Kevin

KLang
01-19-08, 05:36 PM
But I will never pay one cent for an event sanctioned by FTG. Ever. :flame:

-Kevin

:thumbup: I will find other interests to spend my money on.

Insomniac
01-19-08, 05:51 PM
Here I was expecting a thread about a Paul Gentilozzi quote. :tony:

Should've been tipped off by the word "invested". :D

Spicoli
01-19-08, 06:41 PM
A cold IPA is in order.

Hate is good for motorsports. And you can hate better when drinking. And there is no better beer than an IPA.:thumbup:

So drink up. Do it for the sport.

And start hatin.:)

dando
01-19-08, 07:01 PM
A cold IPA is in order.

Hate is good for motorsports. And you can hate better when drinking. And there is no better beer than an IPA.:thumbup:

The bar is open, yo. :thumbup:

-Kevin

OW
01-19-08, 07:16 PM
...The other forums will still be looking to us, OffCamber, to lead...they will see true Champ Car fans!...... Gentlemen, hoist the Champ Car Banner!

Well put Sean....been reading too much *crap* on other forums.....

...The other forums will still be looking to us, OffCamber, to lead...they will see true Champ Car fans!...... Gentlemen, hoist the Champ Car Banner!

http://user.mc.net/~spina/images/Racing_Fan/champsnow.jpg

Yeah and its cold...........but "Death Wish" (marathon) is on....:laugh: and in 45 minutes so is replay of "Carbon" on The History Channel..

Happy Holiday (weekend)

OW

Gnam
01-19-08, 07:59 PM
Irish + drinking = singing ;)

Tji3IakVGK4

formulaben
01-19-08, 09:04 PM
A cold IPA is in order.

Wait, Coors Light isn't the best beer? :tony:

The goods:
http://ontap.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/lagunitas.jpg?w=200

Jag_Warrior
01-19-08, 09:54 PM
My fave is the excuse for the 1 hr highlight shows as being good because it will draw more viewers. To what, another 1 hour highlight or a tape delayed race?

Whatcha mean? You mean that you don't believe CCWS has some of these hidden in the basement???
http://blog.modernmechanix.com/mags/qf/c/MechanixIllustrated/4-1944/secret_weapons/med_secret_weapons_0.jpg

gerhard911
01-19-08, 11:58 PM
A cold IPA is in order.

OK, I am all over that advice, hic...

:D

tomorrow - :yuck:

KLang
01-20-08, 12:20 AM
A cold IPA is in order.

Full Sail IPA :thumbup:

Napoleon
01-20-08, 08:22 AM
But I will never pay one cent for an event sanctioned by FTG. Ever. :flame:

-Kevin

Me too

RTKar
01-20-08, 11:34 AM
CC has about as much chance as Custer did.

The vultures are circling.:irked:

RHR_Fan
01-20-08, 11:36 AM
OK, I am all over that advice, hic...

:D

tomorrow - :yuck:

So how's everyone feeling this morning? :D

dando
01-20-08, 11:59 AM

Allsome. :)

Bar opens again @ 3 (dats 2 for y'all cheeserheads). :D

-Kevin

Spicoli
01-20-08, 12:36 PM

Well.

Wakey Wakey Beer & Bakey.:thumbup:

:tricycle:

Methanolandbrats
01-20-08, 12:37 PM
Just dandy, tapered last night for the Packer Game :D Going running now, it's beautiful out. :thumbup: -8 F, sunny and crunchy snow.

dando
01-20-08, 02:04 PM
Going running now, it's beautiful out. :thumbup:

Running? Was that you they profiled as the naked Brett Favre guy running around GB on the E$PN pre-game shizzle? :gomer:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
01-20-08, 03:11 PM
Running? Was that you they profiled as the naked Brett Favre guy running around GB on the E$PN pre-game shizzle? :gomer:

-Kevin

No, naked not smart. Dressed in proper gear winter running is fantastic. Just got back from an hour in the woods on smooth trails. :thumbup:

TKGAngel
01-20-08, 03:30 PM

Meh. I don't know whether Champcar or hockey is frustrating me more.

On the plus side, I have a hearty minestrone soup on the stove and some Blue Moon in the fridge. I'm ready for anything.

Andrew Longman
01-20-08, 03:52 PM
No, naked not smart. Dressed in proper gear winter running is fantastic. Just got back from an hour in the woods on smooth trails. :thumbup:

Great Jerry Izneberg column in the Ledger this am about seeing the look on the Giants player's faces prior to the 61 championship game when they saw Taylor and Hornung warming up and laughing in t shirts. Of course it was only 11 that day. ;)

mueber
01-21-08, 09:03 AM
For several years now I’ve brought tickets to Champ Car races, not because I like to see ride-buyers pretend to be race drivers but more as charity because I wanted to support the series until it recovered and prospered. Although the professional management and resulting success I’d hoped for is not going to materialize, I’d like to get something out of my donations. So my question is: Can I deduct the cost of the tickets I purchased to Cleveland and Road America last year on my taxes?;)

Methanolandbrats
01-21-08, 09:04 AM
For several years now I’ve brought tickets to Champ Car races, not because I like to see ride-buyers pretend to be race drivers but more as charity because I wanted to support the series as it recovered and prospered. Although the professional management and resulting success I’d hoped for is not going to materialize, I’d like to get something out of my donations. So my question is: Can I deduct the cost of the tickets I purchased to Cleveland and Road America last year on my taxes?;)

Absolutely, they're a non-profit. :thumbup:

jonovision_man
01-21-08, 10:20 AM
For several years now I’ve brought tickets to Champ Car races, not because I like to see ride-buyers pretend to be race drivers but more as charity because I wanted to support the series until it recovered and prospered.

I'm the opposite. I give them my money because I still enjoy it, despite the fact I'd rather boycott it to protest the piss-poor management.

Although I missed last year due to it being 2 weeks after the birth of my kid... you'd think by #3 I'd have enough sense to go to the damn race. ;)

jono

cheesewhiz
01-21-08, 11:46 AM
It's over, but I'll watch as long as the ship is still floating. But I will never pay one cent for an event sanctioned by FTG. Ever. :flame:

-Kevin

+1 :flame:

Sean Malone
01-21-08, 11:54 AM
One good thing about a dieing series, hard cards are probably a dime a dozen. I've heard Champ Car even gives them out to internet posters.

**thinking of positive things to write about Champ Car for future posts**

Wheel-Nut
01-21-08, 12:33 PM
I'm not re-newing my race tickets. I'm going G-A this year, if there is a year.

Rogue Leader
01-21-08, 12:51 PM
I'm not re-newing my race tickets. I'm going G-A this year, if there is a year.

I had an Amazing time in Montreal in 2004, but I can't see spending that kind of money for what seems to be in store this year. I'd rather check out ALMS at Limerock or try and get a trip to the Redbull USGP going again (and hopefully not get ****ed over by my friends again).

I was thinking it could be cool to go down to Baja and just party with the locals and check that out!

Corner5
01-21-08, 02:15 PM
I just want to say that ALMS is fine and I watch it ,but it will never replace or have the same place as OW does for me. F1 doesn't cut it either.

I'll stay a RA fan, but I would never go to an Irl race there. :yuck:

formulaben
01-21-08, 02:17 PM
Absolutely, they're a non-profit. :thumbup:

:rofl: