PDA

View Full Version : Tony Cotman leaves CC

Sean Malone
01-18-08, 01:11 PM
"Good Riddance" say some due his rough penalties against SB.

Double Gomer for that.

:gomer: :gomer:

TKGAngel
01-18-08, 01:17 PM
Last one left, turn out the lights.

dando
01-18-08, 01:21 PM
:( :thumdown:

-Kevin

SteveH
01-18-08, 01:36 PM
I wish him well. Will be hard to replace him. However, it may not be necessary. :(

Insomniac
01-18-08, 02:03 PM
"Good Riddance" say some due his rough penalties against SB.

Double Gomer for that.

:gomer: :gomer:

Bourdais is gone, who cares! :) It's a shame when what, at least from the little press Champ Car had, that Tony seemed to be one of the best/smartest employees CC had.

Wally
01-18-08, 02:13 PM
Talk about a slow death.....:shakehead

Rus'L
01-18-08, 02:38 PM
Talk about a slow death.....:shakehead

Which is rapidly increasing in speed... :(

Cam
01-18-08, 02:44 PM
I really hate to echo the d but OW once again gets the shaft by the mouse and is treated like a second class citizen. CC would have been way better off staying with Speed.

Rus'L
01-18-08, 02:55 PM
I really hate to echo the d but OW once again gets the shaft by the mouse and is treated like a second class citizen. CC would have been way better off staying with Speed.

I never understand their reasoning when they went back to ABC (especially right after ABC won back the NASCAR contract), and I especially didn't understand many folks cheering the return to ABC.

Boatdesigner
01-18-08, 03:03 PM
I never understand their reasoning when they went back to ABC (especially right after ABC won back the NASCAR contract), and I especially didn't understand many folks cheering the return to ABC.

I agree! As for Cotman, I thought he did reasonably well with his on track calls. I am sure they will spin this as a great opportunity for CCWS!

DagoFast
01-18-08, 03:11 PM
It would be kind of funny if after the illustrious list of people like Penske et al and the list of big companies like Honda and Firestone couldn't force a merger that ABC would now get the credit. (:D or :cry: to fit your viewpoint)

But this is all on CCWS ownership. They blew it, period.

oddlycalm
01-18-08, 03:14 PM
Cotman was a primary reason for the small successes they have had. I'm hoping he left because somebody made him a better offer. He deserves it.

oc

Elmo T
01-18-08, 03:31 PM
Cotman was a primary reason for the small successes they have had. I'm hoping he left because somebody made him a better offer. He deserves it.

oc

I think this is a bigger statement about CCWS management and "vision" than it is about Cotman's abilities. :shakehead

Insomniac
01-18-08, 04:35 PM

Does that mean CC on ABC lead-in = NASCAR?

Wolverine
01-18-08, 04:49 PM

oc

He apparently does not have another offer at all. He's just going to ponder his future for awhile. That makes it all the more troubling for a fan - he just felt he needed to move on. It would different if he were leaving for some great new opportunity...

Spicoli
01-18-08, 05:04 PM
CCWS = Morgue.

:shakehead

Unka Pauley saving the day! :ccftards:

Ripped
01-18-08, 05:15 PM
CCWS = Morgue.

:shakehead

Unka Pauley saving the day! :ccftards:

http://i32.tinypic.com/2eelbpd.jpg

Rogue Leader
01-18-08, 07:31 PM
Ah they lose the last one with a brain over there.

Tracy to AGR 2009 you heard it here first!

formulaben
01-18-08, 08:06 PM
Tracy to AGR 2009 you heard it here first!

Get your "Andretti Racing School for the Blind" shirts ready!!! :rofl:

nissan gtp
01-18-08, 09:47 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/06/04/us/04kevorkian-600.jpg

Gnam
01-24-08, 07:06 PM
Hope? Jim Swintal's blog (http://ccwsclerk.blogspot.com/)

I got a call from Tony Cotman on Thursday [Jan.17] telling me he was resigning his position as Race Director and Executive VP Operations at Champ Car.

Tony related to me some of his reasons, which are personal and private, and what Steve says above is certainly very accurate. Tony was also very adamant to tell me that based on what he knows (which is a hell of a lot more than you or I) and because of the strength of the product on the race track and the commitment of our owners, the Champ Car World Series will continue. Amen, and plenty of hard work ahead for all of us.

Elwood : "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."
Jake: "Hit it."

Please join me for the 2008 Champ Car World Series where we will indeed be hitting it.

:cool:

Sean Malone
01-24-08, 08:28 PM
Was that the same email Stevie "Everything's Coming up Roses" Johnson sends to paper?

I'll be extremely surprised if Cotman doesn't announce his move to the IRL later this year.

cameraman
01-24-08, 08:35 PM
I'll be extremely surprised if Cotman doesn't announce his move to the IRL later this year.

Could be he has lined up a real job somewhere else.

Sean Malone
01-24-08, 08:40 PM

One would expect that he would announce his intentions, or announcing his non intentions i.e. "I'm taking time off for my family blah, blah, blah".
Saying nothing makes me wonder.

cameraman
01-24-08, 08:46 PM
Not sure that I would announce to all the ccf folk where to look for me.
Really, it is nobody's business but his and he doesn't owe anyone a forwarding address.

Sean Malone
01-24-08, 08:51 PM
Not sure that I would announce to all the ccf folk where to look for me.
Really, it is nobody's business but his and he doesn't owe anyone a forwarding address.

There's no arguing that point, but the guy is in a public position. He makes statements to the press. He gives interviews with the press. He is (was) a part of a sport entity in a high profile role.
When a football coach (college or pro) quits a team how many times have you heard "no comment".

You can defend him all you want, I just think it's a bit suspicious.

Like I said...we'll see.

Insomniac
01-24-08, 09:09 PM
They reportedly haven't paid the 2007 prize money. Maybe they didn't pay him and it was time for him to find a paying job and he's the bigger man and not running to the media.

emjaya
01-24-08, 09:39 PM
Hope? Jim Swintal's blog (http://ccwsclerk.blogspot.com/)

:cool:

Paul "Ziggy" Harcus, TC's right hand man and fellow Kiwi will continue to carry the ball for us in our operations department

Ziggy? :saywhat: :gomer:

cameraman
01-24-08, 10:06 PM
Being a good Kiwi and all maybe he is going to try to save this racing program

http://www.emiratesteamnz.com/images/mul/gallery/2007/32nd_America_s_Cup_highlights/screen/15203nz.jpg

Indy
01-24-08, 11:10 PM
Different Ziggy. :laugh:

cameraman
01-31-08, 07:19 PM

Or not:tony:

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/42854/

mueber
02-02-08, 11:35 AM
One step closer to NOT getting tickets for Cleveland and Road America.

OK Kevin, your turn. Give me a reason TO get tickets.