PDA

View Full Version : rumors on CCWS

Pages : [1] 2

G.
01-17-08, 12:04 PM
Anyone know if some of the rumors flying around the 'net have any validity?

There's some bad stuff out there, admittedly on AR1, but still.

TV schedule :thumdown:

Losing the feeder champ to the earl's FEEDER series, Nelson, Clarke to the earl.

Anyone know if this stuff is true?

Sean Malone
01-17-08, 12:06 PM
I read yesterday that both spicoli's boytoy Nelson and Clarke were at some Indy meeting. that's a fact. The rumor is they both tried tenderloins and liked it. :(

extramundane
01-17-08, 12:08 PM
Anyone know if some of the rumors flying around the 'net have any validity?

There's some bad stuff out there, admittedly on AR1, but still.

TV schedule :thumdown:

Losing the feeder champ to the earl's FEEDER series, Nelson, Clarke to the earl.

Anyone know if this stuff is true?

Autosport's got a Dan Clarke story (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64741), sounds like he's truly gone. Not a big loss in and of itself, but it's symptomatic of a greater illness.

Even if it's all untrue, the fact that it's all plausible speaks volumes about the state of the series.

KLang
01-17-08, 12:16 PM
If the TV schedule at AR1 is accurate, I'd say the amigos are throwing in the towel. :thumdown:

G.
01-17-08, 12:17 PM
Confirmed on CCF

April 20 Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, Long Beach, California
5:00 – 7:30 p.m. – ESPN2 – Same-day tape

April 27 Grand Prix of Houston at JAGFlo Speedway, Houston, Texas
10:00 p.m. – Midnight – ESPN2 – Same-day tape

May 18 Champ Car Grand Prix at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Monterey, California
4:00 – 6:00 p.m. – ESPN - LIVE

June 1 Champ Car World Series Belgium at Circuit Zolder, Zolder, Belgium
3:00 – 4:00 p.m. – ABC – Same-day tape (Just 1 hour of highlights)

June 8 Champ Car World Series Spain at Circuito Permanente de Jerez, Jerez, Spain
4:00 – 5:00 p.m. – ABC – Same-day tape (Just 1 hour of highlights)

June 22 Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio
3:30 – 4:30 p.m. – ABC – Same-day tape (Just 1 hour of highlights)

June 29 Champ Car Mont-Tremblant, Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, Canada
1:00 – 3:00 p.m. – ESPN - LIVE

July 6 Champ Car Grand Prix of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2:00 – 4:00 p.m. – ESPN - LIVE

July 20 Rexall Grand Prix of Edmonton, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
3:00 – 5:00 p.m. – ESPN - LIVE

July 27 Champ Car Grand Prix of Portland, Portland, Oregon

August 10 Champ Car Grand Prix at Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
5:00 – 6:00 p.m. – ABC – Same-day tape (Just 1 hour of highlights)

September 14 Champ Car World Series Holland at the TT Circuit Assen, Assen, Holland

October 26 Gold Coast Indy 300, Surfers Paradise, Australia
11:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. – ESPN2 – Same-day tape

November 9 Gran Premio de Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
3:00 – 5:00 p.m. ESPN2 - LIVE

:flame: :flame:

Sean Malone
01-17-08, 12:27 PM
Can't CCF buy an air banner or paper send an email or something?

Methanolandbrats
01-17-08, 12:29 PM
The TV schedule is very poor. And Clarke will kill himself oval racing, that's a very bad idea.

chop456
01-17-08, 12:29 PM
"All the disappointment of a full two hour broadcast now available in a handy concentrate!" :thumbup:

I bet ABC wishes they could condense the IRL races to just conflagrations, side-by-side finishes and Danicle montages.

extramundane
01-17-08, 12:31 PM
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2373/untitled1pz7.jpg

Turn out the lights, sell off what you can, and be done with it already. This is beyond embarrassing.

G.
01-17-08, 12:59 PM
schedule is correct (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=12477)

They ain't trying anymore.

KLang
01-17-08, 01:01 PM
schedule is correct (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=12477)

:yuck:

I will go to the race here in Houston this year. I suspect this will be my final race. :(

G.
01-17-08, 01:12 PM

I will go to the race here in Houston this year. I suspect this will be my final race. :(
Nah, come on up for RA!

Assuming there will BE an RA...

JT265
01-17-08, 01:15 PM
Nah, come on up for RA!

Bring a camera and a printer. You can make big $$$ printing hero cards for all the new and welcome talent as their checks clear!!! :thumbup:

G.
01-17-08, 01:17 PM
Bring a camera and a printer. You can make big $$$ printing hero cards for all the new and welcome talent as their checks clear!!! :thumbup:
Good idea!
Prolly make more $$ than those guys selling mustache rides!

dando
01-17-08, 01:22 PM

Words escape me. :irked: :saywhat: :thumdown: Looks like I'm done caring about this shizzle any more. :(

@lantics are getting 30 minutes. Jeebus.

-Kevin

dando
01-17-08, 01:23 PM

Yeah, I might try Cleveburg to say farewell. :(

-Kevin

chop456
01-17-08, 01:26 PM
Pussies.

Would Donnie Beechler give up so easily?

I don't think so. :tony:

TravelGal
01-17-08, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I might try Cleveburg to say farewell. :(

-Kevin

Me too. This is beyond depressing. :(

Sean Malone
01-17-08, 01:45 PM
I don't see anything on the CCWS TV times page that mentions the 1 hour condensed shows though. Sidestepping or false info?

cameraman
01-17-08, 01:47 PM
Wow that is just sad.

G.
01-17-08, 01:49 PM
I don't see anything on the CCWS TV times page that mentions the 1 hour condensed shows though. Sidestepping or false info?
look at the viewing times (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=12477)

cameraman
01-17-08, 01:50 PM

Do the math.

August 10 Champ Car Grand Prix at Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin

5:00 - 6:00 p.m. - ABC - Same-day tape

Insomniac
01-17-08, 01:58 PM
Will we still have race director? I never signed up in the past, but would consider it now.

Sean Malone
01-17-08, 02:00 PM
look at the viewing times (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=12477)

Doh! I'd make a horrible analyst. Wait a second, I am an analyst! Hmm, gotta check my last performance appraisal. :D

ferrarigod
01-17-08, 02:02 PM
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2373/untitled1pz7.jpg

Turn out the lights, sell off what you can, and be done with it already. This is beyond embarrassing.

so if i go on saturday, can i just see the puppet show?

pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.

of course I am waiting for paper,, thor, thuderroad and lisas to explain how this is a grate schedule. i amagion the champ car world series is going to shut its doors soon. musta been the post 9/11 economic environment. couldn't be steve johnson's fault.

Methanolandbrats
01-17-08, 02:05 PM
The live broadcasts were impossible to follow, I can only imagine what the edited version will look like.

dando
01-17-08, 02:06 PM
so if i go on saturday, can i just see the puppet show?

pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.

of course I am waiting for paper,, thor, thuderroad and lisas to explain how this is a grate schedule. i amagion the champ car world series is going to shut its doors soon. musta been the post 9/11 economic environment. couldn't be steve johnson's fault.

Mebbe it's commercial free? :gomer: :irked:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
01-17-08, 02:09 PM
But Cleveland will have beach volleyball in the infield! All is well!

Seriously, that TV schedule both sucks and blows. The series is fast becoming one of those that's only highlighted as a wacky event on your local station's 11pm Sunday night sports broadcast.

Sean Malone
01-17-08, 02:17 PM
But Cleveland will have beach volleyball in the infield! All is well!

Seriously, that TV schedule both sucks and blows. The series is fast becoming one of those that's only highlighted as a wacky event on your local station's 11pm Sunday night sports broadcast.

They would be so lucky!

TKGAngel
01-17-08, 02:27 PM
At least on the bright side, we still have this place.

G.
01-17-08, 02:33 PM
At least on the bright side, we still have this place.got any recipes?

Insomniac
01-17-08, 02:35 PM
Looks like the price to get on ABC is it had to be a 1 hour highlight show.

Sean O'Gorman
01-17-08, 02:41 PM
Can we get a squirrel to drive a Champ Car? That could be beneficial?

extramundane
01-17-08, 03:11 PM
Can we get a squirrel to drive a Champ Car?

No, Dan Clarke is leaving the series.

TravelGal
01-17-08, 03:49 PM
No, Dan Clarke is leaving the series.

lol. Yes, there is *some* good news in this thread, after all. :\

TKGAngel
01-17-08, 04:02 PM
Can we get a squirrel to drive a Champ Car? That could be beneficial?

Quiet. Next thing you know, in the NA cities, we'll have mascot races. Imagine in Toronto Carleton the Bear, the Toronto Raptor, the Blue Jay and whatever the mascot for the Marlies is being entered in the race.

Sean Malone
01-17-08, 04:09 PM
Quiet. Next thing you know, in the NA cities, we'll have mascot races. Imagine in Toronto Carleton the Bear, the Toronto Raptor, the Blue Jay and whatever the mascot for the Marlies is being entered in the race.

Make the whole series just for mascots!!
At least the fans could see them in them from the stands and the drivers would come and go with no visible change. Whoever fits the suit, drives! Swap the engines for 5hp Briggs and Stratons and let them bonk each other with giant balloon bats. No need for a track either, any parking lot will do.

See what this mess has done to me!! WAAAA!!!!!:cry: why couldn't I have been born a NASCAR fan!

Don Quixote
01-17-08, 04:13 PM
The live broadcasts were impossible to follow, I can only imagine what the edited version will look like.
And, they will still miss passes for the lead during commercial breaks. :laugh:

Sean Malone
01-17-08, 04:18 PM
How many suicides have there been on CCF?

High Sided
01-17-08, 04:18 PM
Looks like the price to get on ABC is it had to be a 1 hour highlight show.

abc sunday schedule for champcar dates

infomercials
champcarmercial
infomercials
desperate housewives (repeats)

Easy
01-17-08, 04:22 PM
A dozen check writers, a couple F1 never weres and a washed up PT in lower quality, higher horsepowered GP2s. This doesn't deserve to carry the legacy of the Indycar World Series or CART Champ Car. The bigger events will carry on with other series taking over and I still have ALMS to go to and F1 to watch on tv which has been my racing consumption the last couple seasons anyway.

Sean O'Gorman
01-17-08, 04:28 PM
Also, you still have the Iowa Hawkeyes to watch. :gomer:

RHR_Fan
01-17-08, 04:48 PM
This is just a slap in the face. :shakehead :thumdown: Tape-delayed is one thing, but one-hour highlights?! Giving me a f***ing break.

"We worked closely with ESPN to create a schedule that we believe serves both existing and future fans of Champ Car racing."

Serves fans my ass.

nissan gtp
01-17-08, 04:49 PM
it's over :thumdown:

greenie
01-17-08, 04:51 PM
At least on the bright side, we still have this place.

Forums for the Bacon Enthusiast ;)

I guess that this conclusively proves that everyone with common sense was correct and the cheerleaders were FOS. If there's a series and you can't follow it, then what's the point?

Tip of the cap to Gentilozzi for presiding over the demise of both Trans Am and Champ Car. That's an impressive accomplishment.

JT265
01-17-08, 04:59 PM
This is just a slap in the face. :shakehead :thumdown: Tape-delayed is one thing, but one-hour highlights?! Giving me a f***ing break.

Serves fans my ass.

You made a swear Nicole!!! I'm tellin'! :eek: :laugh:

RHR_Fan
01-17-08, 05:08 PM
You made a swear Nicole!!! I'm tellin'! :eek: :laugh:

Just wait until you see me on a hiking trip and I fall every 5 minutes. :laugh: Then you'll really hear some swears.

Back on semi-topic...I still love my Champ Car, but this ain't cool.

JT265
01-17-08, 05:10 PM
Just wait until you see me on a hiking trip and I fall every 5 minutes. :laugh: Then you'll really hear some swears.

Back on semi-topic...I still love my Champ Car, but this ain't cool.

Seriously, you're right. It's not cool at all.

TKGAngel
01-17-08, 05:20 PM
Make the whole series just for mascots!!
At least the fans could see them in them from the stands and the drivers would come and go with no visible change. Whoever fits the suit, drives! Swap the engines for 5hp Briggs and Stratons and let them bonk each other with giant balloon bats. No need for a track either, any parking lot will do.

:rofl: :rofl: :cry: :cry:

nfomercials
champcarmercial
infomercials
desperate housewives (repeats)

You forgot Extreme Home Makeover and America's Funniest Videos. Or is the latter what the CCWS race would be?

I do have to say that if this is a meltdown, we're handling it rather well.

Sean Malone
01-17-08, 05:28 PM
If you hire a fast food hamburger flipper to be the head chef of your new restaurant what’s he going to make?

Steve Johnson – he’ll turn any series into a hobby and make internet friends in the process!

Now if we can just get the IRL to hire him.

opinionated ow
01-17-08, 05:37 PM
it's over :thumdown:

yup....I still don't expect anyone to show up....would you show up to an american series with 15 cars when you can watch the same sort of cars run in the footbal team race series and with more of them and names the euros will recognise?

Gnam
01-17-08, 05:46 PM
Steve Johnson – he’ll turn any series into a hobby and make internet friends in the process!

A note to one of his internet friends at CCF: link (http://www.champcarfanatics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1067822&postcount=371)

Chris,

Thanks for your note.

This season will be our first full season with all our races on the
ESPN/ABC networks, and we're excited about the opportunities presented
by this consolidation. We have had several meetings over the past month
with ESPN, including a visit from our owners to Bristol late last year,
to ensure that Champ Car is fully integrated into the ESPN global
network of properties, not just television broadcasts but also digital
media, radio, mobile, magazines, events and the like. We're confident
that year two of our agreement with ESPN will enhance our overall reach
through a vast array of ESPN-related vehicles.

While the time-slot opportunities present us with some challenges, they
also provide us with opportunities to see if we can grow our ratings and
fan base by showcasing our races during different time periods and/or
using different formats. On the schedules, please note:

--We are set to appear during prime time (at some point in all time
zones) on ESPN2 for three races, with events scheduled at 10 p.m. ET.
These slots place us immediately after NHRA events on ESPN2, which
should provide us with an interesting lead-in with the ability to
promote our upcoming show to a motorsports audience. We will televise a
fourth late-night race at 11 p.m. ET; --We were able to get four slots
on ABC network as one-hour shows. The one-hour slots allow us to
maintain a presence on the network, as two-hour slots were unavailable,
so we will utilize the one-hour programs to remain on network and
experiment with some new presentation formats; --We have secured a
2.5-hour time slot for our opening race in Long Beach to incorporate a
Season Preview Special; --Our four races on ESPN will all be live,
including all three events in our Canadian Triple Crown.

I hope that addresses some of your concerns, and I hope that you enjoy
the Champ Car 2008 season.

Steve

Well, I feel better. How 'bout you? :rolleyes:

jonovision_man
01-17-08, 07:05 PM
Relying on NHRA lead-in on ESPN2... isn't that when they usually sell food dehydrators?

Riddle me this: how can KK claim to be a fan of the series and not get that fans want more than 1 hour of highlights for Road America?

Seriously.

jono

Don Quixote
01-17-08, 07:51 PM

Hater,,,,, :laugh:

STD
01-17-08, 09:11 PM
Relying on NHRA lead-in on ESPN2... isn't that when they usually sell food dehydrators?

jono

Don't you know Steve knows all about drag racing and tuners too? :rofl:
A true renaissance man that works hard. :laugh:

rabbit
01-17-08, 09:15 PM
http://www.insidesocal.com/outinhollywood/arosieodonnel.jpg

me me me me me ... la la la la la ... me me me me me. OK guys, I'm ready for my solo.

Gnam
01-17-08, 09:31 PM
Too bad Forsythe's 2008 Livery contest is over. Think they woulda liked my theme?

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9308/may082007gj3.jpg

Opposite Lock
01-17-08, 09:42 PM

rabbit
01-17-08, 09:46 PM
.Sums it up quite nicely

Sean Malone
01-17-08, 09:49 PM
Now I'm pretty sure that Forsythe flip flopped on Tracy because there is an "if series folds" clause.

:D

Boatdesigner
01-17-08, 10:03 PM
Pathetic and idiotic at the same time.:shakehead Why would you run a 1 hour version of Cleveland, usually one of the best races? Frankly, I'd rather them go back to Spike and show all two hour races. They aren't getting one extra set of eyes on ABC. Lets face it, nearly everyone in the country has cable or satellite, the handful of people still using rabbit ears probably aren't technically savvy enough to understand racing anyway. If I watch this year, it'll be because I have nothing better to do.:flame: :thumdown:

Dr. Corkski
01-17-08, 10:14 PM
Are they even going to be able to find enough for an hour of highlights? :laugh:

rabbit
01-17-08, 10:16 PM
Lets face it, nearly everyone in the country has cable or satellite, the handful of people still using rabbit ears probably aren't technically savvy enough to understand racing anyway.:mad: Hey wait a minute! I resent... ooohhh, you mean the TV antenna things. Never mind. :)

Andrew Longman
01-17-08, 10:26 PM
as two-hour slots were unavailable

Should this be taken to mean that they dicked around too long with the schedule and/or didn't keep ESPN in the loop enough that by the time the FIA approved the schedule the time was no longer available?

Yes, I would rather be on Spike, ESPN Classic, anything than see highlight shows for those .

If I care enough when the time comes at least I'll be able to watch the whole thing on Race Director

Sean Malone
01-17-08, 10:53 PM
I can just see the smug smirks on the IRL guys as they were walking out of the ABC/ESPN office as the Champ Car guys were walking in....

IRL guy - "Indy in High Def is going to give those old gomers a heatattack seeing Danika in all that detail!! ABC/ESPN rock!!".

Champ Car Guy - "Eww, did you here that Bob? HDTV!!! I wonder if we're gonna get High Def cameras?"

Fast forward....

Spicoli
01-17-08, 11:17 PM
A note to one of his internet friends at CCF: link (http://www.champcarfanatics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1067822&postcount=371)

that was painful.

Methanolandbrats
01-17-08, 11:22 PM
that was painful. Painful? To say the least. That was clear evidence it's over. Those guys are so clueless they could be standing in a burning house with their nuts burned to a crisp and they would'nt call the fire department. I'm done. I'd rather watch ice dancing with my wife than a hacked up one hour "highlight" reel of anonymous cars passing one another for some f***king reason or another. :yuck: :yuck:

Fio1
01-18-08, 07:12 AM
The TV schedule is very poor. And Clarke will kill himself oval racing, that's a very bad idea.

what he said. :shakehead

jonovision_man
01-18-08, 09:22 AM
I wonder what we'll get in Canada? Europe?

Full broadcasts? Highlights? I assume in Canada it will still be on "The Score".

I sent them an e-mail via the web site "Contact" form. I got automated two replies, one was an "Out of Office AutoReply: TV schedule", the other was "Unfortunately due to the volume of emails we receive, we are not able to answer each message individually..." :p

jono

TKGAngel
01-18-08, 10:21 AM
If I care enough when the time comes at least I'll be able to watch the whole thing on Race Director

If Race Director even still exists for 2008.

Then again, Race Director subscriptions equal money coming into CCWS. TV Broadcasts are costs incurred by CCWS. I wonder if this TV thing is a plot to increase RD subscriptions and incoming cash flow?

Sean Malone
01-18-08, 10:30 AM

Then again, Race Director subscriptions equal money coming into CCWS. TV Broadcasts are costs incurred by CCWS. I wonder if this TV thing is a plot to increase RD subscriptions and incoming cash flow?

I doubt the 24 people who paid for RD account for much income. ;)
But every dime helps I suppose.

they should sell t-shirts.

Spicoli
01-18-08, 11:06 AM
I doubt the 24 people who paid for RD account for much income. ;)
But every dime helps I suppose.

they should sell t-shirts.

:lanyards:

ooooooooops! :rofl:

Methanolandbrats
01-18-08, 11:08 AM
:lanyards:

ooooooooops! :rofl::laugh:

jonovision_man
01-18-08, 11:19 AM

RD costs them money too... no idea how much, but there's technical infrastructure around it that's far from free.

This TV thing is a plot to save money. It's waving the white flag on growing this thing into a popular sport with lots of fans.

jono

Easy
01-18-08, 11:36 AM
Also, you still have the Iowa Hawkeyes to watch. :gomer:

Yeah, they suck almost as bad as Dan Clarke.

TrueBrit
01-18-08, 11:37 AM
Nah, come on up for RA!

The ALMS will be there...you know...the professional series we also like to watch...

Edited highlights of Cleveland? Are you kidding me?

extramundane
01-18-08, 11:51 AM
I knew this whole TV deal reminded me of something:

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/8430/good20for20companyym6.jpg

Insomniac
01-18-08, 12:01 PM
This TV thing is a plot to save money. It's waving the white flag on growing this thing into a popular sport with lots of fans.

I don't believe that. They are going to skimp on 4 hours of coverage? They do a lot of things that make no sense, but to save on 4 hours of programming?

Andrew Longman
01-18-08, 12:04 PM
I don't believe that. They are going to skimp on 4 hours of coverage? They do a lot of things that make no sense, but to save on 4 hours of programming?

Yes... But those races will be on ABC!!! :gomer:

Sean Malone
01-18-08, 12:16 PM
Steve "club racer" Johnson said in his email to the dood on CCF that the two hour slots were "unavailable" for those races.
I could see it being a cost savings program if they did this across the board, but I think it's just a case of ABC dictating.

RHR_Fan
01-18-08, 12:23 PM
Steve "club racer" Johnson said in his email to the dood on CCF that the two hour slots were "unavailable" for those races.
I could see it being a cost savings program if they did this across the board, but I think it's just a case of ABC dictating.

That was my thought too after the initial reaction of being pissed off. Yeah Champ Car has done a lot of stupid stuff, but part of me thinks ABC/ESPN told them "Here's what we can offer you. You don't like it? Too bad or take your business elsewhere."

~Nicole

chop456
01-18-08, 12:25 PM
This Steve Johnson character should write a book.

I'm thinking Scholastic would pick it up. :thumbup:

G.
01-18-08, 12:25 PM
Cotman

AR1.

Who pay$ marksie?

G.
01-18-08, 12:38 PM
And "I'm hearing", "people are telling me", "it is rumored",

that things are going to get worse.:shakehead

extramundane
01-18-08, 12:42 PM
That was my thought too after the initial reaction of being pissed off. Yeah Champ Car has done a lot of stupid stuff, but part of me thinks ABC/ESPN told them "Here's what we can offer you. You don't like it? Too bad or take your business elsewhere."

~Nicole

Possibly, but let us not forget that under Steve Johnson's watch SCCA Pro landed Speed as title sponsor for World Challenge, but still couldn't manage to get a TV deal better than 1-week tape delay.

Don't underestimate his ability to screw up a sure thing. :\

Sean Malone
01-18-08, 01:04 PM
Cotman

AR1.

Who pay$ marksie?

Cotman is leaving? that is bad! There were rumors four months ago that the IRL was trying to persuade him to go over there, did he take the offer?

jonovision_man
01-18-08, 02:10 PM

Well this is what our buddy Steve said about the 1 hour coverage.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=12478

"The one-hour slots allow us to maintain a presence on the network, so we will utilize the programs to experiment with some new presentation formats," Johnson added.

So either they couldn't afford what ESPN wanted for the full timeslot, or ESPN wasn't willing to give it to them...

jono

Elmo T
01-18-08, 02:12 PM
The smoke they are blowing up our behinds (the SJ email on the TV schedule) is obviously coming from the building burning down around them. :shakehead

The reorder form for my Cleveland tickets is sitting here on my desk. Hmmmm...

G.
01-18-08, 02:17 PM

So either they couldn't afford what ESPN wanted for the full timeslot, or ESPN wasn't willing to give it to them...

jonoThe 1 hour shows are on ABC, not ESPN.

Methanolandbrats
01-18-08, 02:17 PM
The smoke they are blowing up our behinds (the SJ email on the TV schedule) is obviously coming from the building burning down around them. :shakehead

The reorder form for my Cleveland tickets is sitting here on my desk. Hmmmm... Don't mail that in, if the IRL is running it by then, they will give you free tickets!

jonovision_man
01-18-08, 02:22 PM
The 1 hour shows are on ABC, not ESPN.

ESPN on ABC. :)

jono

Easy
01-18-08, 03:57 PM
I laughed when I saw the Matos thing on Speedtv.com. I laughed even harder when I opened this site to find the Cotman thread on the list. For being run by three ultra successful business men and Paul Gentilozzi CCWS is a joke.

chop456
01-18-08, 04:22 PM
three ultra successful business men and Paul Gentilozzi

That struck me as funny for some reason. :laugh:

Insomniac
01-18-08, 04:41 PM

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=12478

jono

The network = network TV = ABC

That's how I understand what he is saying. They wanted to be on network TV and that's all they were getting is a 1 hour window.

TKGAngel
01-18-08, 05:57 PM
You know, I'm kind of looking forward to what RM has to say about this whole deal.

There's a lot that hit the fan this week:
- TV follies
- Cotman
- Matos saying 'hasta la vista' and leaving the $2 million check behind

He should be in rare form.

Methanolandbrats
01-18-08, 06:35 PM
That struck me as funny for some reason. :laugh: Ya, it's funny unless you stuck with those morons in the hopes they would save your favorite form of racing. Looks like Champcar sounds will only be heard in vintage festivals.:mad:

mueber
01-18-08, 06:42 PM
I've tried to stay out of this, but the renewal form for Cleveland came in the mail yesterday, and I don't know what to do.

jonovision_man
01-18-08, 07:12 PM
The network = network TV = ABC

That's how I understand what he is saying. They wanted to be on network TV and that's all they were getting is a 1 hour window.

... because ABC didn't want to use more airtime than that on ChampCar, or because ChampCar didn't want to pay for it. Either way it's cheesy, and less than they had last year.

jono

jonovision_man
01-18-08, 07:15 PM
I've tried to stay out of this, but the renewal form for Cleveland came in the mail yesterday, and I don't know what to do.

Unless they shut the whole thing down, I'm going to go to Toronto. I could stay away to make a point, but WTF, I still enjoy going to a race, seeing all the support series and even with 16-18 cars it's still worth watching for me.

If the racing stinks, I'll just drink more beer (Molson? Steelback?) and enjoy the beautiful Toronto summer. :) Or check out the rice burners in the conference halls. :D

jono

Insomniac
01-18-08, 08:56 PM
... because ABC didn't want to use more airtime than that on ChampCar, or because ChampCar didn't want to pay for it. Either way it's cheesy, and less than they had last year.

jono

That's what started this conversation. I seriously doubt after securing time to air all the other races they decided to not pay for 4 more hours.