PDA

View Full Version : NFL Conference Championship Games

Sean Malone
01-15-08, 10:32 AM
Half of me thinks the Chargers and Giants will win. The other half thinks the Patriots and Packers will win.

Actually neither side think the Packers will win. :)

ChampcarShark
01-15-08, 12:16 PM
Me thinks the Giants will will

dando
01-15-08, 12:27 PM
Pats, Pack. Eli is too much of a wuss to play in single digit cold. Bolts have the D that can go after Brady and cover the receivers, but there is too much uncertainty about their O due to the injuries. Plus, it's Norv F'ing Turner. :irked:

It's all about the Green & Yellow Jeebus vs. the 19-0 hooded crusader, yo. :gomer:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
01-15-08, 12:32 PM
Pats, Pack. Eli is too much of a wuss to play in single digit cold. Bolts have the D that can go after Brady and cover the receivers, but there is too much uncertainty about their O due to the injuries. Plus, it's Norv F'ing Turner. :irked:

It's all about the Green & Yellow Jeebus vs. the 19-0 hooded crusader, yo. :gomer:

-Kevin

Giants will not be into catching the ball when they know The Twin Rasta Killas are going to hit them at 10 F.

dando
01-15-08, 12:45 PM
Giants will not be into catching the ball when they know The Twin Rasta Killas are going to hit them at 10 F.

True dat. :thumbup:

-Kevin

stroker
01-15-08, 03:20 PM
I hope GB is practicing outside all week long.

Andrew Longman
01-15-08, 04:53 PM
Half of me thinks the Chargers and Giants will win. The other half thinks the Patriots and Packers will win.:)

Half right

racermike
01-15-08, 10:14 PM
Would love to see a Chargers/Packers match-up

2 Teams that have come from horrible seasons the past few years

dando
01-16-08, 12:04 AM
Would love to see a Chargers/Packers match-up

2 Teams that have come from horrible seasons the past few years

Great. Now you've jinxed them both. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Insomniac
01-17-08, 12:02 PM
San Diego (+14) at New England (O/U 47) ~30-16 NE
New York Giants (+7) at Green Bay (O/U 40) ~24-17 GB

1 TD+ spreads again this week. And the AFC is favored by over 1 TD in the Super Bowl as well.

Ankf00
01-17-08, 12:25 PM
Great. Now you've jinxed them both. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

**** yeah!

Ankf00
01-17-08, 12:31 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2007/01/17/packers.fan.ap/index.html

:saywhat:

PORTAGE, Wis. (AP) -- Upset that his 7-year-old son wouldn't wear a Green Bay Packers jersey during the team's playoff victory Saturday, a man restrained the boy for an hour with tape and taped the jersey onto him.

chop456
01-17-08, 12:32 PM
And? :D

Methanolandbrats
01-17-08, 12:40 PM
And? :D I agree. What's the problem, that's just child rearing 101 in the central sand plains. Every home has a big supply of duct tape.

dando
01-17-08, 01:04 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2007/01/17/packers.fan.ap/index.html

:saywhat:

You gotta problem with dat, bitch? :gomer:

No Seinfeld for Manning!

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/01/17/green-bay-tv-station-pulls-seinfeld-in-an-attempt-to-disrupt-e/

:laugh:

-Kevim

Andrew Longman
01-17-08, 01:06 PM
No Seinfeld for You!

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/01/green_bay_tv_station_aims_at_e.html

And a GB church has moved it Sunday evening service up to to allow fans to come and pray for a Packer victory. Wearing GB garb is encouraged.

Sean O'Gorman
01-17-08, 01:41 PM
Wow, I hope his hotel has TBS, otherwise he will only be able to watch 14 hours of Seinfeld before the game. :rolleyes:

Dr. Corkski
01-17-08, 10:22 PM
Wow, I hope his hotel has TBS, otherwise he will only be able to watch 14 hours of Seinfeld before the game. :rolleyes:It's Green Bay, he will be lucky if they have electricity or running water.

Methanolandbrats
01-17-08, 11:32 PM
It's Green Bay, he will be lucky if they have electricity or running water.
Plenty of electricity and water in Green Bay. In the near future, many parts of the country will be sitting around in the dark drinking their own pi$$ and Wisconsin folks will be drinking beer on the golf course. :)

RHR_Fan
01-18-08, 12:15 AM
It's Green Bay, he will be lucky if they have electricity or running water.

Can everyone stop hating on the Packers? :shakehead

Ankf00
01-18-08, 02:20 AM

don't you have some duct tape to be getting to? :gomer:

TravelGal
01-18-08, 04:03 AM
The chosen teams in this house are the Chargers AND Giants, contrary to what most of 'Murica seems to want to see in the Super Bowl. It would be a lot easier for the bolts if they had a few more players on the field and a few less on the sidelines.

But don't tell TravelGuy if I sneak in a cheer or two for Favre and Green Bean Packers.

chop456
01-18-08, 04:15 AM
Giants/Chargers would make for the most uninteresting Super Bowl since, well, last year.

Sean O'Gorman
01-18-08, 09:50 AM
It would be like last year, but with a lesser Manning, and no dragon to unleash. :(

Sean Malone
01-18-08, 09:56 AM
The NFL should condense these games into hour long highlight shows. It's all the rage these days and I read that it is key for 'growth'.

<bitter>

Methanolandbrats
01-18-08, 10:18 AM
The NFL should condense these games into hour long highlight shows. It's all the rage these days and I read that it is key for 'growth'.

<bitter> They should condense the Stupor Bowl halftime show into about 5 seconds.

Cam
01-18-08, 10:19 AM

No. :p

Methanolandbrats
01-18-08, 10:22 AM
No. :p

Why do you hate America? ;)

Insomniac
01-18-08, 11:03 AM

<bitter>

They already did. Hour and a half on the NFL Network Tuesday or Wednesday. :p

Sean Malone
01-18-08, 11:07 AM
They already did. Hour and a half on the NFL Network Tuesday or Wednesday. :p

See? Champ Car is following a proven formula! Wee!

Cam
01-18-08, 02:33 PM
Why do you hate America? ;)

And after all this time I thought the 'boys were Americas team.

Silly me... ;)

Guess I am banninated to Oz forever.

Andrew Longman
01-18-08, 04:17 PM

I don't hate the Packers, and if my wife could stand the cold I'd be living nearby (probably northward).

But I'm not this guy. http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/base/news-12/1200635137286640.xml&coll=1

Insomniac
01-18-08, 04:46 PM
And after all this time I thought the 'boys were Americas team.

Silly me... ;)

Guess I am banninated to Oz forever.

Everyone knows the Patriots are the new America's Team. ;)

dando
01-18-08, 05:59 PM
Everyone knows the Patriots are the new America's Team to hate. ;)

Fixerated that for ya. :gomer:

-Kevin

Stu
01-18-08, 06:06 PM
wrong, people like the pats because they dont want to hear about those stupid 72 dolphins anymore.

dando
01-18-08, 06:22 PM
wrong, people like the pats because they dont want to hear about those stupid 72 dolphins anymore.

Obviously you don't listen to Mike & Mike. The majority of the e-mails they received during a show earlier this week on this subject were negative towards the Pats. I could care less about the '72, but Moss, Brady and the hooded one are right near the top of my hater list (plus Dillon when he was on the Pats). YMMV.

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
01-18-08, 06:32 PM
Everyone knows the Patriots are the new America's Team. ;) Arrogant, big mouthed, cheating, criminal rostering bastards :D

Andrew Longman
01-18-08, 06:53 PM

That's where I'm at. I hated the 72 Dolphins in 72.

But I honestly don't have hate for the Pats. I admire and agree with how they approach the game. Brady may be the hardest working QB in the business. They don't run their mouths. They pursue perfection in every play. They are tough. Even Moss has behaved this year unless he really did beat that woman.

Belachek doesn't bother me. He's just a brilliant, tightly wrapped anti social introvert just like every other Wesleyan grad I've known. You don't have to like him and he doesn't care if you don't. But I loved him when he was Giant D coordinator and was mad they hire Handley over him in 91.

Andrew Longman
01-18-08, 07:28 PM

According the Gallup polling expert on NPR a "slight majority" of NFL fans wish the Pats DONT go undefeated

Insomniac
01-18-08, 09:03 PM
Obviously you don't listen to Mike & Mike. The majority of the e-mails they received during a show earlier this week on this subject were negative towards the Pats. I could care less about the '72, but Moss, Brady and the hooded one are right near the top of my hater list (plus Dillon when he was on the Pats). YMMV.

-Kevin

In all fairness, most of their e-mails are people complaining about something.

Insomniac
01-18-08, 09:04 PM
Arrogant, big mouthed, cheating, criminal rostering bastards :D

You left off dimple chinned. :p

Insomniac
01-18-08, 09:11 PM
Even Moss has behaved this year unless he really did beat that woman.

Reading what Moss's lawyers have said the last two days, unless they're idiots (doubtful) it looks like what he was saying was true. They were trying to shake him down. Another lawyer said this is quite common. The athlete/celeb's lawyer offers to pay all medical bills plus a little for pain and suffering depending on what happened and the story never sees the light of day. He said they offered $100k to avoid it, but they wanted $500k. Another lawyer said as soon as they filed for the temporary restraining order that was it. They used their only leverage and are essentially screwed. Not to mention they contacted the FBI/U.S. Attorney's office before they filed for the TRO.

Insomniac
01-18-08, 09:12 PM
According the Gallup polling expert on NPR a "slight majority" of NFL fans wish the Pats DONT go undefeated

Yeah, we saw how accurate polling is last week. ;)

Racing Truth
01-18-08, 09:28 PM
Yeah, we saw how accurate polling is last week. ;)

:flame:
Sincerely,

An Obama supporter;)

<bitter>

:laugh:

Andrew Longman
01-18-08, 09:45 PM
Reading what Moss's lawyers have said the last two days, unless they're idiots (doubtful) it looks like what he was saying was true.

The time lag between the (alleged) incident and the TRO is telling, but that doesn't mean nothing happened.

Keep in mind he threw a girl down the stairs at Marshall.

He's behaved himself this year on and off the field, but I still wouldn't want him dating my daughter.

Insomniac
01-18-08, 11:29 PM
The time lag between the (alleged) incident and the TRO is telling, but that doesn't mean nothing happened.

Keep in mind he threw a girl down the stairs at Marshall.

He's behaved himself this year on and off the field, but I still wouldn't want him dating my daughter.

They admit there was an accident/injury. Something did happen.

Threw a girl down stairs? I don't recall that and I haven't seen anyone mention it after he said in all 30 years of his life he has never laid a hand on a woman unless it was consentual.

Insomniac
01-18-08, 11:30 PM
Sincerely,

An Obama supporter;)

They actually had those numbers right. :)

chop456
01-19-08, 07:24 AM
he said in all 30 years of his life he has never laid a hand on a woman unless it was consetual.

Did that traffic cop in Minneapolis consent to Saint Randy hitting her with his car? :tony:

Sean O'Gorman
01-19-08, 10:09 AM
Wasn't his hand, yo.

Insomniac
01-19-08, 11:02 AM
Did that traffic cop in Minneapolis consent to Saint Randy hitting her with his car? :tony:

Just to be clear, I don't think he's a Saint. Just saying it looks more like Randy is telling the truth in this circumstance. I also never heard the stairs story (I lived in WV at that time) and I've seen no mention of it.

Ohhh, and Sean's right, he moved her with his car, not his hand. ;)

Andrew Longman
01-19-08, 12:25 PM
Threw a girl down stairs?

My bad. That was Lawrence Phillips who caught is girlfriend in another guys room and dragged her down the stairs by her hair.

Another saint.

Ankf00
01-19-08, 02:06 PM
Moss did get into some **** early, that's why he went to Marshall instead of FSU

Andrew Longman
01-19-08, 02:15 PM
Moss did get into some **** early, that's why he went to Marshall instead of FSU

Actually he signed a letter of intent to go to ND but he was arrested in a HS race riot. ND suggested Bobby Bowden wouldn't care as much about that. He red shirted there his freshman year. Failing a drug test got him shipped off to IAA Marshall

dando
01-19-08, 04:27 PM
"I'm going to send Eli a complete collection of 'Seinfeld' DVDs and a partial collection of 'Hogan's Heroes' for inspiration," the comedian told the New York Post on Thursday.

"You think I'm going to take that sitting down?"

:gomer:

-Kevin

dando
01-20-08, 04:14 PM
Game on, boyz & girlz. As I expected, the Bolts D will give the Pats fits, but they won't have enuff O to beat the evil empire. 17-10 Pats. Pack > Gmen 28-14. Manning makes more mistakes than Green & Yellow Jeebus. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
01-20-08, 08:36 PM
All hail Green & Yellow Jeebus! :gomer:

-Kevin

stroker
01-20-08, 10:55 PM
two minute warning, and still tied.

The Packers don't deserve to win this one. I'm not going to complain if they do, but they've basically been outplayed by NY. Why they keep going for long passes instead of short 10-yarders I just don't understand.

I won't even start on penalties.

dando
01-20-08, 11:19 PM
two minute warning, and still tied.

The Packers don't deserve to win this one. I'm not going to complain if they do, but they've basically been outplayed by NY. Why they keep going for long passes instead of short 10-yarders I just don't understand.

I won't even start on penalties.

Huh? IMHO, the Gmen got the bennies on a few ??? calls early the 2nd half. Otherwise, Favre got pwned by the lesser Mannning. Re-match is on, yo. Congrats, Gints.

-Kevin

Sean Malone
01-20-08, 11:23 PM
Huh? IMHO, the Gmen got the bennies on a few ??? calls early the 2nd half. Otherwise, Favre got pwned by the lesser Mannning. Re-match is on, yo. Congrats, Gints.

-Kevin

The packers? Puleeze, the zebras had an erection for the packers the entire game!!!!!!!

stroker
01-20-08, 11:26 PM
I wasn't talking about bad calls. I was talking about the Packers committing STUPID penalties that killed them. Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Ankf00
01-20-08, 11:30 PM
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/images/smiliesb/Wave-Hello.gif

TravelGal
01-20-08, 11:46 PM
Well how about THAT? TravelGuy hasn't stopped jumping around the house yet. Go G-MEN.

But sorry about the Chargers. Now there was a team that F'd up what they should have done.

Gnam
01-21-08, 03:06 AM
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/240/frame9cp5.jpg

GO GNATS! :gomer:

LT looked like Darth Vader in a parka on the bench. http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/12/vadersa7.gif

Methanolandbrats
01-21-08, 08:36 AM
The Giants played better. Congratulations. I'm not disappointed, I have so many great sporting events to look forward to....The Rolex, Daytona 500, IRL season opener, Indy........:gomer:

dando
01-21-08, 11:16 AM
So what's Tiki got to say now? :gomer:

BTW, worst call/non-call of the day was when Vrabes tripped/leg whipped Rivers, causing the first INT Rivers threw. :saywhat: :thumdown:

Eli and Rivers both impressed me throughout the playoffs. :thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
01-21-08, 11:17 AM
LT looked like Darth Vader in a parka on the bench. http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/12/vadersa7.gif

I never got that mask of his. :saywhat:

-Kevin

RHR_Fan
01-21-08, 12:56 PM
The Giants played better. Congratulations. I'm not disappointed, I have so many great sporting events to look forward to....The Rolex, Daytona 500, IRL season opener, Indy........:gomer:

True. Add to that Badger basketball and the Brewers starting again soon. 26 days until pitchers and catchers report! :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
01-21-08, 01:36 PM
I like how you are adding the Badgers and the Brewers to his list of sports events that suck...

dando
01-21-08, 01:44 PM
I like how you are adding the Badgers and the Brewers to his list of sports events that suck...

Hey, don't dis the Brewers. Y'all are going to need a place to play yer home games the first week of April, yo. :gomer: :laugh:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
01-21-08, 01:46 PM

Mr. Grand Am himself is saying the Rolex sucks?

Insomniac
01-21-08, 02:35 PM
I wonder if Andrew is a believer yet? ;)

Favre picked a bad time to start playing like 2005 Favre.

Let me get this straight. Rivers already had a bad left leg, then had a sprained MCL and may or may not've had a torn ACL and played the whole game. Gates had a dislocated toe that is normally an 8 week injury and played the whole game (although not very effectively). LT isn't even on the injury report and gets through 6 snaps and calls it a day. He sits with his helmet and parka on the bench and can't even cheer on his teammates. That's a class act? An all-time great?

Ankf00
01-21-08, 02:51 PM
He's still in the ICU from the stroke he suffered last week :D

Sean O'Gorman
01-21-08, 03:29 PM
Hey, don't dis the Brewers. Y'all are going to need a place to play yer home games the first week of April, yo. :gomer: :laugh:

-Kevin

Its too bad it doesn't get cold in Cleveland in August or September instead, since the Brewers only seem to be interested in playing through July.

Mr. Grand Am himself is saying the Rolex sucks?

No, I'm saying that Methanolandbrats is saying that Grand-Am sucks.

RHR_Fan
01-21-08, 05:21 PM

You still don't know what indy means. :tony:

Spicoli
01-21-08, 06:06 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080121/SPORTS03/80121040

Dungy is back with the Colts.

Andrew Longman
01-21-08, 07:36 PM
I wonder if Andrew is a believer yet? ;)

The Giants and Manning have played remarkably better of late. In case you didn't notice, it started as soon as Shockey went down. Manning would never say so but Shockey has got to be a total PITA in the huddle. I believe Manning is at peace and in charge without the distraction Shockey creates. And Boss looks to actually be the better pass catcher.

The defense seems to have finally found its form and are playing the agressive unpredictable defense Spags has wanted all season but only Pierce "got".

The Giants kicked ass yesterday physically. They had their way in every phase. Even down 10-6 at the half it didn't seem as if they could possibly lose.

But they still are all too capable of the bone head or sloppy play. Several key and senseless penalties kept the Packers in the game.

If Hixon doesn't recover that fumble at the end of regulation, they lose (McQuarters second inability to hang onto the ball at a key point).

If they don't recover Jacob's fumble at the goal line, they lose.

Toomer's toes don't tap ground, they likely lose.

It takes three tries to kick the winning FG.

Last week in Dallas, yes they get the interception at the end of the game, but we've all seen TO come down with passes worse than that. It wouldn't have even been an issue if they got just one first down in either of their last two possessions.

Bottom line is they are playing well, but the margin for error is very narrow.

One thing that struck me was how thrilled they are to be going to the Super Bowl. Quite a contrast to NE players who while happy, were not nearly as out of control about it.

I wish they didn't have two weeks off. They ALWAYS lose coming off a bye week and this will be plenty of time for them to start believing the press clippings again. And it is plenty of time to forget the teamwork and effort that got them there.

Ankf00
01-21-08, 07:39 PM
Cut Shockey, transfer the salary to Jerry Reese.

Methanolandbrats
01-21-08, 07:40 PM
No, I'm saying that Methanolandbrats is saying that Grand-Am sucks.
How do you know? Perhaps I've seen the light ? ;)

racermike
01-21-08, 09:47 PM
Giants/Packers game got a 31.7 Overnight rating for their game

Highest for NFC conf champ game since 1996

Andrew Longman
01-21-08, 09:54 PM
Giants/Packers game got a 31.7 Overnight rating for their game

So that's like 2-3 seasons of IRL and CC combined, plus some other sportcenter highlights thrown in. right?

stroker
01-21-08, 09:57 PM
So that's like 2-3 seasons of IRL and CC combined, plus some other sportcenter highlights thrown in. right?

You don't know what Lambeau Field means....

:p

Insomniac
01-21-08, 10:06 PM
The Giants and Manning have played remarkably better of late. In case you didn't notice, it started as soon as Shockey went down. Manning would never say so but Shockey has got to be a total PITA in the huddle. I believe Manning is at peace and in charge without the distraction Shockey creates. And Boss looks to actually be the better pass catcher.

I did notice and wondered the same thing. Tiki and Shockey gone. I thought losing Tiki helped more. I figured if that guy couldn't be somewhat thankful to Coughlin for saving his career (fumbler), he probably sucked as a teammate too.

Insomniac
01-21-08, 10:09 PM
BTW, worst call/non-call of the day was when Vrabes tripped/leg whipped Rivers, causing the first INT Rivers threw. :saywhat: :thumdown:

I was with you on this, but I saw it again on Rome is Burning and Vrabel's foot was right in front of Rivers' foot when he was put on the ground. By the time he raised it to really try and trip him, Rivers had let the ball go. It was on target too. Chambers let a smaller Samuel take it away from him.

Andrew Longman
01-21-08, 10:20 PM
I did notice and wondered the same thing. Tiki and Shockey gone. I thought losing Tiki helped more. I figured if that guy couldn't be somewhat thankful to Coughlin for saving his career (fumbler), he probably sucked as a teammate too.

Don't overlook that Reese also won the showdown with Strahan. He was humbled by that and when he returned there was a team where there hadn't been and he needed to toe the line. And he was not in game shape, didn't know the new defense and was more than a little repsonsible for the Giants giving up 80 points in the first two games.

Putting Strahan in his place and showing him what leadership really means was huge. He is a deserving Hall of Famer, but until this year really didn't understand how to make teammates better. Pierce always got that, but too few on this team in the last ten years got it.

Purging the locker room of Tiki was huge this season. A great talent, but proved in the end that the team wasn't first. Despite all he did as a Giant you might be interested that the way he conducted himself at the end causes him to be universally booed at the Stadium whenever they put up throwback highlights on the Jumbotron.

Shockey only got it at short intervals when Wellington Mara would pull aside and make an impression on him on what it really meant to be a man and a sportsman. I agree. Take his salary and give it to Reese (and Boss).

Ankf00
01-21-08, 10:28 PM

Tiki was putting up 1000 yard seasons well before Coughlin showed up. And until this season, you'd be hard pressed to find any of Coughlin's former players that had great opinion of him

Insomniac
01-21-08, 11:25 PM
Brady in a walking boot.

http://www.pagesix.com/photo/tom+brady+brings+flowers+gisels+bunchen

Insomniac
01-21-08, 11:29 PM
Tiki was putting up 1000 yard seasons well before Coughlin showed up. And until this season, you'd be hard pressed to find any of Coughlin's former players that had great opinion of him

"Saving" was over the top, but he was a fumble machine. Coughlin came in and changed how he carried the ball and he was even better afterwards (2004-2006).

http://www.nfl.com/players/tikibarber/profile?id=BAR025952

Insomniac
01-21-08, 11:31 PM
Don't overlook that Reese also won the showdown with Strahan. He was humbled by that and when he returned there was a team where there hadn't been and he needed to toe the line. And he was not in game shape, didn't know the new defense and was more than a little repsonsible for the Giants giving up 80 points in the first two games.

Putting Strahan in his place and showing him what leadership really means was huge. He is a deserving Hall of Famer, but until this year really didn't understand how to make teammates better. Pierce always got that, but too few on this team in the last ten years got it.

Purging the locker room of Tiki was huge this season. A great talent, but proved in the end that the team wasn't first. Despite all he did as a Giant you might be interested that the way he conducted himself at the end causes him to be universally booed at the Stadium whenever they put up throwback highlights on the Jumbotron.

Shockey only got it at short intervals when Wellington Mara would pull aside and make an impression on him on what it really meant to be a man and a sportsman. I agree. Take his salary and give it to Reese (and Boss).

I'm impressed with Reese. I know it's only one year, but to have all 8 draft picks play this year is simply amazing.

Andrew Longman
01-22-08, 12:53 AM
"Saving" was over the top, but he was a fumble machine. Coughlin came in and changed how he carried the ball and he was even better afterwards (2004-2006)

Tiki fumbled like crazy and it wasn't just a fluke. He didn't use the three point carry my eighth grade coach taught me and will punish with laps if we didn't use.

If he got in the open field there was a better than 50/50 chance he would fumble.

Most outragous was Fassel would stand up in the press and say he wouldn't confront Tiki on it because he didn't want to cramp his style. OK, so let's not cramp anyone's style by asking to remember the snap count either.

I'm no fan of Coughlin but he did stop that prima dona nonsense. This year I also have to give him credit for listening to his critics and moderating his style. He surprised the team in training camp by cancelling practice and telling everyone they were going bowling. BOWLING!

But he couldn't do that in before. Until Tiki was gone and Stahan was in his place and there were a new crop of faces, that would have been seen as weakness on his part.

TravelGal
01-22-08, 02:39 AM
I wish they didn't have two weeks off. They ALWAYS lose coming off a bye week and this will be plenty of time for them to start believing the press clippings again. And it is plenty of time to forget the teamwork and effort that got them there.

Not going to comment on the first part because well, if I say anything I'll be commenting!

Definitely agree with the last sentence. I'll never forget their last Super Bowl. They came out on the field as flat as a pancake. I told TravelGuy before the entire team was all on the field that they were going to lose. And, wow, did they!

Ankf00
01-22-08, 11:12 AM
that old offense was a ticking time bomb. would go to hell at a moment's notice. and that b.s. call on Armstead which brought back his TD killed too.

Andrew Longman
01-22-08, 12:29 PM
Collins was also prone to freaking out on a moments notice. At times he would utterly panic/brainlock under pressure

ferrarigod
01-22-08, 12:41 PM
hitler's take on the cowboys. :laugh: :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2triiYXSY8&feature=user

from the movie Der Untergang (The Downfall). If you like wwII history movies, and want to know about inside the bunker the last few days without reading a book, watch this movie. incredible.

this clip however, is brilliant.

Insomniac
01-22-08, 02:51 PM
I just want to say I think this whole Brady foot injury is fake. The Patriots are so secretive about injuries and they (and Brady) decide to go out in public with it on seems way off. They're making a new story line up to avoid 2 weeks of Spygate talk.