PDA

View Full Version : Come with me if you want to live

jonovision_man
01-13-08, 08:27 PM
Terminator's back... :thumbup: It takes place 2 years after T2, with John & Sarah trying to lay low... so before T3.

OK, it's not a movie. And no Arnie obviously.

But I'm about 1/2 an hour into the pilot, and it's pretty bloody good!

jono

meadors
01-13-08, 11:18 PM
Is Linda Hamilton still hot?

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/54/039_6643~Linda-Hamilton-Posters.jpg

jonovision_man
01-13-08, 11:20 PM
Not in it.

New Sarah:
http://photos.ifmagazine.com/graphics/Unsorted/terminatorchroniclesposter3.jpg

jono

meadors
01-13-08, 11:30 PM
:thumbup:

Indy
01-14-08, 10:01 AM
Beautiful to be sure, but Linda Hamilton could take her like Chuck Norris beating on an IRL fan.

stroker
01-14-08, 11:29 AM
The new chick (can't remember her name) was the Queen in "300". I thought pretty hot, but it's not "Terminator" without Linda Hamilton...

oddlycalm
01-14-08, 04:18 PM
it's not "Terminator" without Linda Hamilton... True enough, but then I think they wanted someone to play his mother, not his grandmother...:eek:

Lena Headey will be as good as the writing allows. I first saw here in 'Aberdeen' playing opposite greats Stellan SkarsgÄrd and Charlotte Rampling then in 'Brothers Grim' with John Malkovich and Ray Winstone. Ironic, but not surprising, that she had to resort to action roles to make real money in the business.

Anyway, they cast well upholstered experienced fighter of evil Summer Glau as the robot eye candy so there's more than just Lean Lena to watch. :gomer:

oc

http://comment.blog.hu/media/image/2007februar/summer7.jpg

nrc
01-14-08, 05:19 PM
It was better than I expected. I'm undecided on whether that's good enough.

nissan gtp
01-14-08, 05:54 PM
It was ok.

Summer Glau is more than ok ;)

jonovision_man
01-14-08, 06:22 PM
It was better than I expected. I'm undecided on whether that's good enough.

It was just the pilot, the jury's still out on where they go from here... but I thought that scene in the bank was really really cool. Hopefully they can keep it up for a series and develop more of a story than just the "robot trying to kill John" thing.

jono

Gnam
01-14-08, 07:22 PM
Hopefully they can ... develop more of a story than just the "robot trying to kill John" thing.
Uh...hello? McFly, anyone home in there? Think McFly, think. That's the whole point of the Terminator: he tries to terminate people. ;)

... but I thought that scene in the bank was really really cool.
The scene reminded me of the "time game" Bill & Ted played during their Excellent Adventure. Basically, you get out of any jam by going back in time and setting up the escape. Hope they don't use that device too often.

I think a mini-series would have been better: big explosion then fade away.
Hope it's good.

KLang
01-16-08, 08:03 AM
I watched the two episodes last night. Pretty good start but I can't figure out where they are going to go with this. Seems like just fighting robots every week will get old after a bit.

Insomniac
01-16-08, 10:33 AM
I watched the two episodes last night. Pretty good start but I can't figure out where they are going to go with this. Seems like just fighting robots every week will get old after a bit.

What else can happen? The premise is they are trying to kill John Connor because he leads people to fight the machines. Either the machines succeed and kill him (would they have to comeback and kill someone else if that didn't ensure victory?) or they don't and he and his army destroy the machines. I doiubt there will be episodes where he goes to school, Sarah goes grocery shopping and they have a family dinner. :) I guess there could be episodes with just the FBI/police chasing them (but they'd still have the bodyguard around I presume).

Accipiter
01-16-08, 10:47 AM
Mmm. Summer Glau. I'm a big Firefly/Serenity fan, so it's good to see her doing something that's not a Sci-Fi Channel "original movie."

The show has me interested enough to watch the third episode next week.

jonovision_man
01-16-08, 11:06 AM
What else can happen? The premise is they are trying to kill John Connor because he leads people to fight the machines. Either the machines succeed and kill him (would they have to comeback and kill someone else if that didn't ensure victory?) or they don't and he and his army destroy the machines.

Well given that T3 took place after this... I think we know he'll pull through. :)

Unless they successfully kill him, then someone goes back in time and prevents them from killing him! :rofl:

jono

oddlycalm
01-16-08, 03:34 PM
After the pilot and a couple episodes I dunno... Seems like it may be chase of the week.

oc

KLang
01-16-08, 05:42 PM
After the pilot and a couple episodes I dunno... Seems like it may be chase of the week.

oc

The writers strike may help the series out. There isn't much else for original programming on now.

Robstar
01-16-08, 09:24 PM
I watched the 1st one... T'was OK but not as good as I thought it would be... pretty boring actually, but I will keep watching for a few more...

oddlycalm
01-31-08, 05:19 PM
When John asks Cameron if she's a "new series" in the pilot she answers "yes," but doesn't elaborate. As I recall that penetrated my post dinner food coma and briefly caught my attention.

Today I heard from itinerant automotive designer, Harley engine builder and self-proclaimed media insider Arlo Dule. Arlo says he has his sources tell him that this new machine series is the dreaded Cheerleader Allnighter series equipped with deep draw cold fusion power supply. I shudder to think about the ways she may use these new powers.... :eek: Then there is the really big question; will Cameron hook up with John....? :gomer:

oc

Don Quixote
01-31-08, 07:29 PM
From what I can see, she is "anatomically correct".

Sean Malone
02-26-08, 11:34 PM
Terminator 4 starring Christian Bale.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080227/film_nm/terminator_dc

TravelGal
02-27-08, 01:49 AM

oc

Yeah, we gave up after ep 3. Had quite a Tivo'ed and just deleted them.

KLang
02-27-08, 07:45 AM
I'm still watching. :thumbup: They are trying to fill in a bit more of the backstory to T1 now.

Terminator ballet :thumbup:

Stu
02-27-08, 10:34 AM
i havent seen the show yet, but just curious, how does it fall in line with T2 and T3? i would assume based on his age and that his mom is alive that the show is set back in the early to mid 90s?

KLang
02-27-08, 11:17 AM
It started out a few years after T2. They have since taken some liberties with the original timeline. They are now in current time.

Stu
02-27-08, 11:48 AM
It started out a few years after T2. They have since taken some liberties with the original timeline. They are now in current time.

i dont get it, but it sounds stupid considering at this point in the timeline, the entire world has been nuked.

nrc
02-27-08, 01:24 PM
i havent seen the show yet, but just curious, how does it fall in line with T2 and T3? i would assume based on his age and that his mom is alive that the show is set back in the early to mid 90s?

The beauty of time travel fiction is that you can do whatever you want and explain the retcon as mysterious disturbances in time. :)

Yes, it's before T3. I think they pushed Sarah Conner's death back a few years in the pilot. Then in the second or third episode they jumped through time to roughly the present to get to the time when SkyNet was supposed to be created in the new, altered timeline.

KLang
02-27-08, 01:28 PM
^^^^^
What he said.

I've never been one to get overly hung up on watching for continuity problems in SciFi shows. And as the boss stated, when you are dealing with time travel, pretty much anything goes.

Stu
02-27-08, 01:28 PM
thanks for giving me enough info to decide not to watch.

Gnam
02-27-08, 03:05 PM
I find the real thing more interesting/scary. baby terminators (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080227111811.y9syyq8p&show_article=1)

How many movies/tv shows/afternoon specials are there about machines turning on people, and now they want to arm them?
Guns don't kill people. Disgruntled robots do. :p

G.
02-27-08, 03:46 PM
The Terminator movies always amused me. If the machines ever try to take over humanity, all we need to do is send in an army of zombies, and it's over.

KLang
02-27-08, 03:48 PM
Adding to what I hastily posted above: They actually have attempted to explain the timeline changes. Basically the people being sent back are having an effect. But so far they have only delayed the creation of SkyNet not prevented it.

Stu
02-27-08, 06:09 PM
Adding to what I hastily posted above: They actually have attempted to explain the timeline changes. Basically the people being sent back are having an effect. But so far they have only delayed the creation of SkyNet not prevented it.

so then by delaying skynet, they have totally erased T3 then. or are we to expect the exact same instances would occur, just a few years later? nice.

oddlycalm
02-27-08, 07:27 PM
Adding to what I hastily posted above: They actually have attempted to explain the timeline changes. Basically the people being sent back are having an effect. But so far they have only delayed the creation of SkyNet not prevented it. I was kinda sorry that the hand didn't activate on it's own and strangle the **** out of one of the minor characters before it was destroyed. :laugh: Now that we've had cyborg ballet I figure it's just a matter of time until the embedded Cheerleader Allnighter program activates....:gomer:

oc

nrc
02-27-08, 09:42 PM
so then by delaying skynet, they have totally erased T3 then. or are we to expect the exact same instances would occur, just a few years later? nice.

We may never know unless you watch so it doesn't get canceled. ;)

When someone originally mentioned that they were doing a "Terminator" series I thought it would be cool to have it set in the future and follow a group of humans fighting skynet. When I found out it was Sarah Conner-based I wasn't encouraged. It's still better than I expected from TV.

Speaking of which, we have Jericho recorded but haven't watched it yet. I'm a bit concerned it might suck after the "last" episode.

KLang
02-28-08, 12:15 AM
Speaking of which, we have Jericho recorded but haven't watched it yet. I'm a bit concerned it might suck after the "last" episode.

Go ahead and watch. I haven't gotten to this weeks episode yet but the first two are good. The pace has increased from season one as they only have 7 episodes to finish the story.

Insomniac
02-28-08, 12:48 AM

Given the premise of Terminator, T3 happened, but is now being "erased" by things changing now. :D

Gnam
02-28-08, 01:41 AM
Go ahead and watch [Jericho].
Yes. It's still good.

Given the premise of Terminator, T3 happened, but is now being "erased" by things changing now.
...erased...from existence.... ;)

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9701/docbrownb61406kb4.jpg

chop456
02-28-08, 02:26 AM
Why not go farther back and kill Sarah Connor's mom? She wouldn't be expecting it. :tony:

Insomniac
02-28-08, 11:56 AM
Why not go farther back and kill Sarah Connor's mom? She wouldn't be expecting it. :tony:

That might cause too much of a change and then the machines may never be created.

Stu
02-28-08, 12:09 PM
why not go back in time and cancel the show so we can just watch the 6 movies?

KLang
02-28-08, 12:59 PM

See, that is the beauty of living here. You can not watch a show if you don't want to. While some of us can watch and enjoy it. No problem.

Insomniac
02-28-08, 03:55 PM

Because time travel (classic science fiction time travel that is) is impossible, duh. :p

EVL29
03-01-08, 11:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfwQKapDMws

Gnam
05-20-09, 01:38 PM
Oh noes!

Terminator Salvation not good? :(

seems unpossible...

G.
05-20-09, 02:15 PM
Oh noes!

Terminator Salvation not good? :(