PDA

View Full Version : PCM featured on History Channel's Modern Marvels on Jan 14th

Gnam
01-12-08, 03:17 PM
Nice. :thumbup:

Modern Marvels: The History Channel will feature Pacific Coast Motorsports on their hit television show “Modern Marvels,” this Monday, January 14th at 8:00 pm/7:00 pm Central. Titled “Carbon,” the episode was filmed in October at the team’s Oxnard, California headquarters. The episode will feature Alex Figge and his DP01 Champ Car, the PCM team and corporate partners. It will also feature crash footage from the 2006 incident at Road America, involving Champ Car driver Katherine Legge. The crash footage is used as an example of the safety characteristics of carbon fiber, one of the principal materials of the Champ Car’s composition.

opinionated ow
01-12-08, 09:51 PM
so....are they trying to totally avoid the driver they shafted by not even showing him?

extramundane
01-13-08, 01:20 AM
so....are they trying to totally avoid the driver they shafted by not even showing him?

Seeing as they canned him in September and this was shot in October, I doubt much avoiding was needed.

jonovision_man
01-13-08, 05:43 PM
Weird... History Canada has this program, but it's not showing this episode this week.

http://www.history.ca/ontv/titledetails.aspx?titleid=88171

I'll keep an eye out for it, should show up sometime. :)

jono

Napoleon
01-16-08, 06:41 AM
I missed this!

Does anyone know if it is going to be replayed? I have a friend on the team and would love to see the show for that reason.

Napoleon
01-16-08, 09:42 AM
I guess the replay is Jan 19 @ 7pm.

TravelGal
01-16-08, 03:48 PM
Watched it last night (Tivo). Good show. A little "wowee" on the carbon part but interesting all the way through. Good air for Champ Car.

Biggest surprise: there is only one gasification plant in the US.