PDA

View Full Version : Free Friday Chilli in a bowl

High Sided
01-09-08, 11:01 PM
nascar.com and foxsports.com will stream the last 2 races friday night.
http://www.chilibowl.com/pr010908ppv.asp

opinionated ow
01-10-08, 07:53 AM
yay!!! the chili bowl is the absolute racing highlight of the year.

opinionated ow
01-13-08, 10:13 AM
Congrats to California's Damien Gardner. He is a top talent and totally deserved to win this huge event. Just to put it into perspective, 274 cars competed, cut down to 20 for the 50 lap final.

-Rookies competed Tuesday night, with the top 15 from the feature getting to run on one of the qualifying nights.
-Top 4 from the feature on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday qualified direct to the Saturday feature race. Everybody else was divided up into various levels of qualifier (40 cars per stage, 2 races per stage). I believe they started with an M-Main working through to the A-Main!

Of special note: Australian Mark Brown. He is lucky to do 20 races in a season (where as most of the drivers did in the vicinity of 60+) and after DNF from his qualifying A-Main on Friday, he charged through his C-Main and his B-Main. Was unlucky to not get the two places he needed to guarantee as A-Main start. Still damned impressive for a 3 man Aussie team with no budget compared to anybody else.

emjaya
01-13-08, 10:37 PM
274 cars. And they say open wheel racing in 'merica is dead. ;)

Spicoli
01-14-08, 02:55 AM
evidently , with 4 posts in 5 days, it is.

btw - 3 of the 4 posts come from 27 time zones away from tulsa, or wherever the hicks got themselves going.:cry:

Methanolandbrats
01-14-08, 08:59 AM
This is'nt another food thread :confused:

Indy
01-14-08, 10:03 AM
nascar.com and foxsports.com

:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

opinionated ow
01-14-08, 10:08 AM
:yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

better than nothing....you seppos :p got it on PPV if you wanted. nothing here. we are waiting for them to show it FTA in New Zealand to get copies.....

JohnHKart
01-14-08, 02:07 PM
Went over to a friends to watch that. He had a crowd of us Wed night Go Kart World guys there and some other gear heads. It was a great party! It was cool to see some familiar names I've read about over the years and seen on RPM Tonight, only this time it's their sons that are racing, people like Bob Macreadie, Billy Boat, etc... and others. We also know Brady Bacon and Bryan Clausen as they raced us at Go Kart World back in November, (and beat us all too!) Great racing, I don't have time to follow sprint car racing during the season, but it's still totally cool! What a great event, I'm glad I checked it out and I was not bored for one second. I also loved the behind the scenes reports at all the shops, how they build the cars, etc. I can see why Nigel Roebuck likes this stuff, you would think he being an F1 guy (like I am ) wouldn't but it rocks!

John